Jets to meet with Allen Hurns

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 20, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Mac is in Cali working out Rosen per every report. He, Bates and Bowles were with Darnold, now with Rosen, Josh Allen tomorrow for his pro day then a private workout with Mayfield in Norman. I would assume everything is done via Skype at this point with lower level front office people doing the walking and talking.

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The complex reply to this didn't catch any traction so let me say it another way.

He's just a guy.

A guy who's had one good year, several mediocre ones including last year, and has shown slightly above average skillset. People seem excited about this, not sure why.
    I think fans just want to see "Money" Mac out there in FA dropping stacks on people just because we can.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Maybe age has to do with it? He's only 26.

Attackett likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No, your first reply made sense. I don't think anyone considers Hurns a #1 WR. However, with Anderson's legal issues, and Enunwa's neck problem, I don't see a reason not to sign Hurns. He is solid. I want the rookie QB to have good WR to throw to. Enunwa, Hurns, Kearse, Stewart, Hansen, and potentially Anderson is pretty good.

FJF and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

I want to see Mac "dropping stacks" on 26-year-old receivers that have shown they can be a legitimate WR in this league.

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I agree with everything that you just said. The question you have to ask yourself is, but at what price. It seems as if he was too expensive for the cowboys so that does not seem like a poitive sign. I just don't want to overpay for a mediocre wide receiver as if it is a position of need.
    He has shown this ability in a single season where Blake Bortals threw 606 attempts, 18 INTs, and at a breakout A. Robinson on the other side. #context

7. BroadwayAaron

Why are you equating skills as a WR with stats? That doesn't tell the whole story. There's a reason his market was so big the second he got cut... because he's a viable WR option in this league and would make any WR corps he's on better.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

With Anderson up in the air, and not knowing how Enunwa will come back from injury, it absolutely makes sense to add depth to the WR core. This isn't Allen Robinson or anything like that but it would be a good signing, and I do prefer it to Pryor. Apparently they are meeting today after the snow delays. I was worried the Jets would lose out and he'd sign with another team in the mean time.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The Cowboys have like 12 dollars to spend so the bolded doesnt hold much water

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Looks like the Jets are definitely adding a WR, either Hurns or Pryor (let it be Hurns please)

11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

can someone translate that, lol

12. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I think he's telling Bridgewater to play well, lol

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I htink its his goodbye to Blake Bortles

14. BroadwayAaron

*had

They just opened up a bunch of money by restructuring Frederick's deal.

jonnyd likes this.
  15. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Hes had an injury to deal with and last year a team with the lowest passing percentage in the league. Theyve gone from the pass to a running team. The Bortles effect.

Good for us, we should get him at a cheaper price than his past production would call for. Works as a low-risk, high-upside signing. Adding Hurns to a WR group with Anderson, Kearse and Enunwa would be dangerous.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

For cap carryover, the max is $20m right? That means they need to spend at least 10m more. Adding Hurns & Gaines while cutting Skrine could put the Jets right around that number (after factoring the draft picks salary).

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea and plus the QB has no saftey net at TE to throw the ball to since he let ASJ walk with 90 mill in cap space at the time.Really would like to see us draft a real TE for once.Not sure if its gonna be this year maybe in 2020 when we have our next second round pick again.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I got $10 on Pryor
    [​IMG]

19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Enunwa back will help. Maybe Leggett too. I was surprised with Tomlinson myself. He wasn't bad.

20. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I'm not, nor do I believe stats even tell half the story.

That's why I'm giving my subjective opinion of his skills based off of what I see from his tape. While also delivering the only tangible and irrefutable evidence that can also correlate skills in the form of production, his statistics.

How someone chooses to read into those numbers is up to them, the fact that he has only had 1 "good" season by NFL standards is not all that subjective it is merely a conclusion based off of his production.

I think his market was big because he can be a useful WR yes. I do not believe he would be an upgrade to any WR corp, I think he would diminish quite a lot of current teams WR core groups if he was forced into a starting role.

If you think you see something that I don't and disagree that's fine. But there's no need to take my comments out of context.

#80 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018