Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

C'mon. WHen he came back in - after a pretty poor first appearance - he did much much better, but he wasn't the 2nd coming of P. Manning. And it was ONE game...actually one PART of one game. I'm not going to let than overrule his much bigger body of work.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

No, its not an opinion. You took something I wrote and turned it around. Nice try though.

3. ColoradoContrails

The fans - fair or not, rightly or not - do a have a big impact on decisions. I don't think Macc will react like a leaf in the wind around opinion, but if the perception of fans get rooted in their collective minds that Allen = Hack, and that gets amplified by the media, it might ruin Allen's confidence. And me saying this, or not saying this, isn't going to change it.

4. LF911SC

Allen has been at worst the 3rd rated QB for well over a year. Mayfield has been on fans minds since he won the Heisman and stole their hearts as a it guy by grabbing his balls and screaming FU at an opponent. Makes him a tough "NY" guy.

For all the warnings of what Jet fans would do to Allen can you imagine the shit storm that will be heaped on Mayfield if he struggles after all the talking you know hes going to do.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

Your OPINION is that Mayfield fans are much meaner than you and the Allen Boys. Sorry, that's just your opinion. My opinion is that you're wrong. BOTH sides have people who are overstating things.

6. ColoradoContrails

Allen was "anointed" last year before the 2017 draft as the "Great 2018 QB Class", but he slipped backwards - as did the other two. Meanwhile, Mayfield was stepping forward, as he's done every year he played.

As for thinking he's great because he grabbed his crotch, etc. that's silly. And if you really think he can't learn to act more professionally, you haven't been around young adults much.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

You are overestimating fan influence on draft picks.
    and the Hack stuff is just ignorant, there isn't much you can do about ignorant.

Just based on this board alone, there is not a consensus on who to draft.
    So whoever we go with, on that first incompletion, there will be a ton of groaning about how we should have drafted so and so instead.

Just any QB we go with better be mentally tough to silence that noise, which is a huge part of the reason I like Allen and Mayfield.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That fits in with the rest of it all that you've been knocking all along

9. LF911SC

You're kidding yourself. Hes not staying away from who ever it is he likes because of fan reaction. That would be stupid and say what you want no one is accusing him of being stupid. No one in the media is making Hack to Allen comparisons. Hes #1 on Mayocks and Kipers list. 3rd on pretty much every other analysts list. The Hack thing is what people who dont want Allen throw out there to try to scare Allen guys off when they get to the bottom of the bag of reasons.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. BacktoQueens

like I said to Colorado, Jet fans are going to be assholes no matter who we draft.

The key is getting someone mentally tough enough to handle that, and work through it.

LF911SC likes this.
  11. LF911SC

Hes slipped nowhere but your mind. Youre not getting it. Hes at the top of almost everyones list, ahead of your guy. Get over the chip on your shoulder and deal with that. Doesnt make you wrong about the QBs but youre dead wrong with the picture youre trying to paint over and over again. From Mayock on most have Allen over Mayfield. Dont even try to make a case for Mayfield to Rosen and Darnold.

12. BacktoQueens

so you are saying he gets better as the game goes on.
    how is that a bad thing? He played amazing. Watch the clip below, and look at those downfield throws and TD touch passes.
    if you can't admit that, then I know you are just rocking a narrative.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the browns are taking darnold at one....i think thats a given. the 2 spot is intriguing. the giants can make out like bandit if they want to move. they are in a sweet spot AND they still have a damn good QB. i dont think they go QB if they stay. i think the bills will make a play for #2 and its gonna be mayfield if they move into that slot.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

you gonna be the only guy in the Rosen boat tho lol

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

His colleagues Brooks and Jeremiah have Mayfield over Allen. Just sayin' :)

16. BacktoQueens

17. 101GangGreen101

Attackett likes this.
  18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’m not sure how you can criticize this tape... He shows you throws with anticipation and velocity on the 1st TD, on the 2nd he shows you his play making ability and accuracy on the run, on his 3rd TD he shows his deep ball accuracy and arm strength???

His RT is absolutely terrible, the guards are bad too, his RB is nowhere to be found but his WR did step up in this game.

His teammates like him and want to play for him. It’s obvious when they they mess up. This more important than people realize.

He’s a stud man. Can’t wait for his pro day tomorrow

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. BacktoQueens

A guy with his disposition, fans and maybe teammates will turn on him quick (like Cutler)..
    and I don't think he's equipped to handle that.

that's if he's even able to play with his durability.

20. 101GangGreen101

But Cutler(if I recall) was never really applauded for his football IQ, just his talents. Never looked to improve his mechanics or footwork. That was a big knock on him when he went to the Bears. Cutler never really cared about the game, but while Rosen is arrogant, I still think he's extremely smart and wants to master his craft.