Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't the Giants trade down and still get Chubb? I can see the Broncos swapping with them to get their QB. for one.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Apparently the Browns are all over Chubb. Many think that they stay at 4 if Chubb is available and trade down if he’s not.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah.. but if they do that, why trade JPP? It doesn't make any sense to trade your premier pass rusher then not replace him with the perfect opportunity to draft your new premier pass rusher? The Giants COULD draft a QB at 2, but I just don't see it happening. I can't see into the future so who knows..

Attackett likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Like Rex said, Chubb won't drop past 4 unless the Browns trade down which COULD happen.

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I get your thinking but what feeding frenzy can they see at 2? Everyone expects the Browns to go QB at 1 so what will change for the Giants? And if they want Chubb or Barkley they cant trade back. Other than the SOJF idea that we always get screwed I dont see why we should think they're trading back.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed. The problem with the Giants moving down, is that they will have to go all the way to the #12 or #15, which guarantees they miss out on Chubb/Nelson/Barkley. They don't really have a trading partner outside of that unless the Broncos move up, but I don't see it, since Mayfield could easily fall to them at 5.

It's possible they trade with Cleveland, but why would Cleveland do that when they will get Chubb or Barkley at 4 guaranteed. The Giants might as well just take their guy at 2 instead of trading and hoping somebody falls to them. Granted they will get a huge return, sometimes it's better to go with the guy you want.

I think Macc knew this from the beginning which is why he pulled the trigger and traded to the 3. They will get a choice between 3 of the 4 QBs.

#266 Sam Hammer, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    LF911SC likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

Okay, I watched the video, and while he had a couple nice throws, he also had a number of poor decisions and poor throws against a team I wouldn't call a powerhouse.

On a couple of plays he decides to run out of the pocket, and one he makes that decision he seems to forget that he's allowed to pass the ball. On a couple of other plays he runs out and gets sacked. These are all example of poor decision-making. He also misses badly on some throws, and forces some others that would likely be picks in the NFL.

I really cannot see how you Allen supporters dismiss all of these shortcomings.

8. LF911SC

I stopped pretty early on but the first 3 TD passes are awesome throws. On any level.

9. ColoradoContrails

I've used the comparison to Hack before, although agree it's over the top. Still, Allen has some serious flaws that may not be fixable, or fixable in a reasonable (less then 2 years) time frame when considering he's being considered a possible #3 pick.

And fair or not, many fans WILL call him Hackenstein the first time he bounces or skies a pass, and it may turn out to be self-fulfilling prophecy. The undeniable reality is that Macc drafted a guy with very similar physical traits who has been a total bust, and if he drafts Allen that's the fear that will live in most Jets fans minds until he proves it false.

10. ColoradoContrails

If the Giants want Barkley, agree, they can't trade back, but if they want Chubb or Nelson they probably can.

11. ColoradoContrails

They were nothing special IMO.

12. ColoradoContrails

I don't think it's accuracy per se that's his problem. I think it's decision-making. Even in the video posted by one of his fan boys a few posts back you can see the poor judgment, from deciding to run out of the pocket too soon, and then once running, forgetting to look for a receiver, and just being a runner, and not a very gifted one at that; getting sacked when he could've thrown the ball away; and making throws a few beats too slow.

In the pros these faults will become even greater. Maybe he can learn from them, but it won't happen overnight and do you think Jets fans will have that patience? I don't.

13. LF911SC

Don't know what more is to be expected. They were perfect throws. Don't worry, admitting the obvious isn't a knock on your guy, lol

14. LF911SC

They're not getting either of they trade with the teams that would want to trade up. Dolphins, Bills or Cards pick too far back to get them Chubb or Nelson.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Denver. I think that's what is going to happen honestly.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

Almost as angry as those who are anti-Mayfield.

17. ColoradoContrails

Broncos?

18. ColoradoContrails

They would seriously take Chub over Barkley? I would be shocked!

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

That’s what some of the experts seem to believe. I don’t think I’d be shocked at all, in terms of positional value pass rusher is more important than RB. Especially when you consider they just brought in Hyde and still have Duke Johnson which is a pretty nice tandem.

Pairing Garrett with Chubb is a scary thought for opposing QBs

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..if they take defense in the first round again they will have a an outright revolt to deal with..oh you were talking about the Browns..