Cimini: McCagnan doesnt view Mayfield as top 3 pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Mar 17, 2018.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Theres nothing wrong with letting a qb sit a year. This is a lot of information to absorb.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. This is the first I've heard anything about Allen not being good on the run.All the tape ive watched & everything I've read couldn't be more opposite.Quite the contrary.He's good on bootlegs, he's good on rollouts & he's a threat as a ball carrier. It's one of the main reasons why i LIKE him for Bates system.

I respect your opinion & you usually have substance behind your opinion. Where is this idea he doesn't throw well on the run coming from?

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Actually thats very true. He is much better on the run

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Actually I don't think I ever insulted you for any opinion we disagreed on.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Deleted post

6. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I actually like Allen throwing on the run. The problem is, he bails out of the pocket too fast and many times his head is down and he makes a predermined decisions to run the ball without ever looking up to see if people are open.

Also as good as Allen is when he does throw on the run (which is about 1 out of every 4 rollouts)...

Mayfield is better (much better actually)...

My biggest issue with Allen is the easy throws he misses. The ones that sail 3 feet over the receiver on screens, or fall 3 feet short at the wr’s feet. I’ve never seen a quality NFL qb who makes these type of poor throws on a consistent basis. I’ve also never seen a college qb who makes these types of bad throws transition successfully to the NFL.

I’m sure a lot of NFL qb gurus feel they could fix him, but as a Jets fan with our history of project qb’s (Hackenberg, Petty), I’d be fine letting someone else try this time.

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Definitely a fair point. Though Mayfield wasn't 5'11 or even 5'10 1/2 as some rumored. He is a legit 6'0 and 3/8ths. So a hair over. Official measurements.

Mayfield is 22 and some men do grow taller in their early 20's. It's not impossible for him to top out at 6'1. That should be fine with Brees at 6'0 and Russell Wilson 5'11.

Tarkenton was 6'0 and Sonny Jurgensen 5'11. Flutie 5'10. If you have the talent you can overcome the height thing.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. forevercursed

We'd all be supportive of Allen and praying he proves us wrong if the Jets draft him. But even though he's more polished than Hack was, he's still far too unpolished and not ready. He definitely would need to sit for a year. The smart thing to do may be to sit him for two years.

Mac doesn't have two years to slowly have this kid coached up and brought along right. He needs to draft more of a finished product that by the end of this coming season, it is abundantly clear that we have our QB of the future. If we're questioning if we have the right guy or when is this guy going to be NFL ready by early 2019, Mac is gone. Bowles is gone.

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It'll be an interesting two, even three years :confused:

10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Sorry, thats not true. Hes not inaccurate. And hes much more accurate on the run that Mayfield. I dont care what that clip says. BTW, the clip you posted says he is a day one starter

#370 LF911SC, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. LF911SC

If you think he has the best overall arm talent you need to stop. And this is from someone not convinced he cant play in the NFL. Allan easily has the best arm, he has an all time arm. Darnold is easily 2nd and Rosen beats out Mayfield. Arm talent is velocity and strength, not getting where all those who want to claim arm talent for their guy when comparing him to Allan get this from. There are throw Allan has made on film that none of the other three can ever think of making. Doesnt make him the best QB but he easily has the best arm. By far

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dude get over it. Hes not accurate especially not more than mayfield. None of these qbs are day one starters. Im done replying.

13. LF911SC

I have no need to get over anything, your'e the one who is going against the scouting reports and rankings by almost everyone. Youre not going to argue and try and convince anyone while you do just that. Stop posting videos that say Darnold is a day one starter to prove your argument that he isnt a day one starter

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Whatever you say is right. I mean youre the most intelligent poster here. Tell me what arm talent means again? Lol clearly you dont understand that either.

15. LF911SC

I know this much from reading posts, you are saying what you want to be true and nothing more. Dont make this into a pissing contest, ive insinuated and said nothing about intelligence. Im well aware that youre in way over your head.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You dont know shit, youre just like the other morons who think posting more means you know more. You dont know anything. Arm talent is more than how hard or far you throw a ball. It includes accuracy, placement, timing. Mayfield and Rosen have the best arm talent in this draft by far. Darnold misses easy throws frequently to wide open men, his mechanics are errati6and his throwing motion is elongated and funky. Mayfield and rosen flick the ball with their wrist and get ad much torque and velocity on their throws as him. Dont get me started on allen. Hes the most inaccurate of them all and the fact that some of you actually think hes a first round talent is simply amazing. Theres a reason GMs get fired frequently. Its for taking stupid risks on players.

Wtf makes you think, if a guy wasnt accurate in college hes somehow gonna be more accurate at the higher level? The reality players dont typical develop these skills in the pros. Ignore numbers homeboy, watch ball placement. Darnold is all over the place. I dont know who said he has the highest ceiling, i dont see it. Then again many of these same people said mariota was the second coming and hes still sucks.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I didn’t watch Allen play, but I watched a lot of Darnold. Fingers crossed he’s Cleveland’s pick.

18. forevercursed

I don't think Darnold is more accurate on the run than Mayfield.

What's troubling is Darnolds completion percentage dipped his 2nd year as a starter. Not to some terrible level but it still went down. And the turnovers went up...again not to some super troubling level but you'd like to have seen him build or at least maintain on his first year starting.

Darnold also admitted to having issues with his confidence. You can applaud his honesty but it's not something you want to hear from a QB. Mayfield is always supremely confident in his abilities. His performance has improved every season. And he's more seasoned as a starter

Walt White and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. LF911SC

Moron, you said you were done more than a few times. That no one is out to convince anyone, yet again you keep doing just that, But I'm a moron. I was warned Mayfield fanboys are insulting twits when challenged. You think you know more than me, you've watched imaginary video that makes him a NFL QB, just pint sized. Run with it and have a good night.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Now way to bow out. Go pretend to study film.