Cimini: McCagnan doesnt view Mayfield as top 3 pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Mar 17, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

How many times have you seen Mayfield throw the ball into tight windows? Rarely, its not how that offense is designed to work. He throws lots of short, safe quick read passes. Doesnt have to look off of his receivers. He throws lots of wheel routes, he better be accurate, comp % wise. I'll take Darnold and Rosen over him for all of these reasons, Drew Brees? The last arm I want outdoors in the NE is Drew Brees. Out of the 4 QB hes 4th arm wise.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Watch tape on mayfield, hes very accurate. Rosen is the only qb in this draft who is even close to him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. LF911SC

Close to him? Rosen and Darnold are better than Mayfield in every way imaginable as a QB

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Darnold isnt anything close to accurate on throws. Hes erratic.

tbruner12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. LF911SC

Darnold throws downfield, throws NFL passes. Looks off defenders and throws WRs open. Apples and oranges. Not erratic, had a drop off early in the season and then got a lot better as the young players gained experience.

Mayfield scares me in a NFL offense, Darnold doesnt.

SettlerDawg and GasedAndConfused like this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Look its ok you like the guy, but dont ignore his faults while glistening about what you like. Hes not an accurate passer, thats the bottom line.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll find something to complain about next year's quarterbacks too.

8. LF911SC

Youre pretty much on your own thinking Mayfield is comparable to Darnold.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there is a weird love affair with mayfield on these forums. if you don't agree be prepared for some insults to be thrown your way. I've already been down this road with some people here and all i did was get insulted.

FJF and LF911SC like this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Actually im not. There are scouts who believe the same. Ive already stated cosell feels very strongly about mayfield.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

napoleon syndrome

FJF and GasedAndConfused like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Darnold's upside is the highest in this draft. Is he rough around the edges? Absolutely, but the kid is the ultimate gamer in the clutch. He could be like Big Ben but w/out the rape issues.

GasedAndConfused and LF911SC like this.
  13. LF911SC

OK, a handful of fans who think the Heisman means success in the NFL or fell in love with him when he grabbed his crotch and screamed "fuck you" because, you know, he has moxie. Or love that he said hes the most accurate QB available.

And Cosell

BTW, Darnolds not inaccurate, it was listed that his accuracy needs to improve on the run out of the pocket.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes in accurate in the pocket too. Because his mechanics arent perfected. Like I said, im not trying to tell you to hate the guy, but dont gloss over his weaknesses either. Im not going back and forth with you all night either. Youre not changing my feelings on him. Darnold needs a lot more work of hes gonna be successful in the NFL. Thats not to say he can't, but he is certainly no day one starter or honestly even a year one.

15. LF911SC

Hes got the better body, arm and smarts compared to Mayfield, not even close. He ran a pro offense, not some gimmick offense that gave Landry Jones bloated numbers. He is the best of the group when it comes to look off defenders and throwing WRs open. Hes the lower risk by far compared to Mayfield. Its not close, i could care less if one out of the many call Mayfield their top QB.

16. LF911SC

Not trying to change anyones mind, just putting down what Ive seen and what most are saying. Youre entitled to your opinion, we all are.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I honestly dont think any of these qbs are day one starters. They all need time, thats why im glad Mac did what he did.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Believing that Mayfield can be a good NFL QB means there's a weird love affair? I'm one of the Mayfield believers and I haven't insulted you or others who don't believe he can be successful at the next level.

19. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Same, have not seen anyone insult people for not believing in Mayfield. For those critiquing his arm strength and his accuracy, you need to find better arguments. He might have the best overall arm talent in this draft. Arm talent to me does not solely mean the ability to throw far or hard.

20. Thats why it's so frustrating to see anti QB folk bitching about none of the QB's being ready to start day 1 along w. the surrounding cast not being up to par. Well yeah...that's why we're gonna take our guy, let him develop for a year behind the scenes & start improving the offensive talent next offseason when said QB is handed the keys. I have yet to see even a fraction of this acknowledged by that crowd.

zace likes this.