Screw it, the Jets need to make the trade for the 3rd overall pick, no risk, no reward

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Deathstroke, Jan 27, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't get your point. Are you saying that the Colts could trade luck to some team because that team is willing to take a risk? If so, the scenarios are different. I may be mistaken, but don't think there was a salary cap when Brees was traded. Now there is, and Indy would take a huge dead money cap hit if they traded Luck, plus their fan base would more than likely revolt.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm pointing out that it isn't unprecedented for a team to trade a young injured QB with elite potential. The dead money is an obstacle, but another team could offer to take part or all of the cap hit.

3. NCJetsfan

Giving up high draft picks for an injured QB who has hardly seen the field (if at all) in 2 years is disincentive enough. Do you think another team would be willing to take the cap hit as well? IMO that GM had darned well better have thoroughly checked out Luck and made sure that doctors said that is healthy and that there is no reason phsiological or psychological that he couldn't and wouldn't return to being the same player; otherwise, he's getting fired, never getting another job in the NFL, and would go down as the dumbest GM in NFL history. He'd let Mike Ditka off the hook.

4. HomeoftheJets

Say it's Draft Day and Rosen or Darnold is available at #3. The Colts draft Rosen/Darnold and trade Luck. The team trading for Luck offers to take the cap hit so they don't have to give up high draft picks. Win-win scenario. The Colts can start over with a new QB, and Luck's new team gets Luck and keeps its picks.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, i can't understand how anyone can think an QB who has never played an NFL snap and history has shown has at least a 50% chance of being a bust is a better option for the jets then a proven pro bowl QB and 3 high draft picks.

Mario, almbleamal and FJF like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Because the proven qb wasn’t turned into a franchise qb from a pumpkin by the gang green fairy god mother on the final day of some mystical 5 year rebuild .

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

If it was one or the other, I could see a possible trade, but I'd still be shocked beyond words both for Indy to trade him, and for any other team to take that risk.

8. HomeoftheJets

I don't expect the Colts to trade Luck, but if the Colts can draft Rosen/Darnold, they think Rosen/Darnold is better than Luck, and another team disagrees then a trade should happen.

9. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

Well done Mac, well done

No risk, no reward

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

BooYah

Deathstroke likes this.
  11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

You called it

Deathstroke likes this.