Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Do what you have to to get Darnold. He's a future star. If you think Buffalo makes a trade with the Giants for him then you have to trade again.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

To the Fans upset about giving up Draft Picks:

The Jets DID NOT want to give up draft picks. Don't be upset with the Front Office over that. They tried to get Kirk Cousins like I wanted them to. He chose to go to Minnesota, thus the Jets were forced to make this move today if they wanted a Top QB before the 2018 season. It was 100% the right move and the Jets have actually had a pretty solid off-season plan so far. Nothing wrong with being aggressive and forward-thinking. Clearly some team would jump into the #3 spot ahead of the Jets if the move was not made. Who knows what Denver would have done at #5 too? Not like they traded 2019's 1st Round Pick and 2020's 1st Round Pick. I could understand being upset over that. Instead, the Jets get a franchise QB, and go into 2019 with 6 Draft Picks currently, including their 1st Rounder.

Its a good day to be a Jets fan. :)

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

HTF is Allen not a project himself btw ?

Out of the three he has a better chance of hitting you 70 yards away than 7 yards and as we seen with Petty, you need an accurate QB at the short to mid range throws before you worry about hitting somebody with a hail mary once a game.

4. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I sure hope that's not the pick. Overpaying for a QB is one thing. Overpaying for a RB is an entirely different ballgame.

NCJetsfan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree with that. Darnold would fit in our present system and has been a higher-ranked QB. Allen is considered the lower of the 4 by most "experts." The Jets would probably have to make significant changes to their offense if they get Allen unless they plan on trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. That would mean that they'd have one offense in 2018 for Teddy & McCown and another for Allen.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

also if you go by the value chart, jets got raped hard. out 1st, 2nd, and 4th would be 2212 points. the 3rd pick is worth 2200. could have gotten the colts 7th as well or swapped positions with them in the 5th or so.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maccagnan either has already or will attend all 4 of their pro days, if I'm not mistaken he has been to Rosen's and Mayfield's already and will attend the others in the next two weeks.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The chart is meaningless when potential franchise QBs are in play.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Make no mistake about it. We set the market, albeit by “overpaying”. The price only goes up.

egelband and TonyFtLaud like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Likely, we'd only get one pick, not multiple picks, and if anything Mac would be schooled by Dorsey. It may be fun to dream about, but not very realistic imo.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

So you’re rage quitting over 12 points in value? 12 points is worth a fingernail of a franchise QB.

ColoradoContrails and egelband like this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Correct. He was at Oklahoma and UCLA. He intends to be at Wyoming and USC.

Important thing to note. Rosen’s impressive pro day was outside in windy conditions which is unheard of.

Mac was there. Trade happened. Firmly believe Rosen is the target.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I don't trust that Mac will make the right choice, but I hope that he will. As another poster said so well, trading up and making the right pick are two different, separate acts. Trading up was the right move to insure we get the best QB prospect we can. I applaud Mac for that, and it restores some of my faith in him. Now he has to make the right pick assuming he has a choice. If he takes Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, or the wrong QB at #3, I'll want his head on a pike.

14. tomjet529

tomjet529 Member

yeh, if we tanked, like we were SUPPOSED to, we wouldnt be in this mess, Indy ROBBED us!

15. NCJetsfan

Yes, I think we've all been driven more than a little batty

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I expect this to happen.

I also expect him to be employed by ESPN as a college analyst in 7 years.

legler82 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes but the key is "will they still be on the Board" ...Eli is older so NYG will go QB..I would be shocked to see Cleve or NYG take Saquon B...looks like 2 QBs gone already . Do any of those 2 like Josh Allen ?? Who knows haha ..then the Giants will try to fleece us

#577 NYJetsO12, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    MizzouJet likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't think it's Rosen he wants, I think it's Mayfield. Hear me out-

The Colts GM Ballard today in an interview said the Jets called them with interest "4 or 5 days ago" and they had been going back and forth.

4 days ago was Mayfield's pro day.

For better or worse I think it's him they want

19. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

We HAD to get a QB. That is a fact that dwarfs all other concerns.

20. NCJetsfan

Because the Jets haven't had a quality QB since Chad, QB is their #1 need by far, chances are that none of the top 4 QBs would be there at #6, and the chances of any of the other QBs will develop into a FQB are slim and none.

Of course we're (Mac, the team and fans) desperate. If your team doesn't have a QB, you have no chance of winning the Lombardi Trophy. Mac has failed in 3 years to find us a QB. The Jets haven't been to the playoffs since 2010 and the heat is probably on.

I don't get how this is so hard to comprehend or how anyone could be satisfied to just add an OG, DE or RB and a couple of other players instead of a QB.