Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, Mac's fate is now sealed one way or the other. It will take 2-3 years to find out if he swung and missed or hit a home run. If he wiffed he'll be gone in 2-3 years.

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The 2nd part of that is closer to the Jets historical truth. Not that I'm really one of those ppl that lumps all Jets past and present FO regimes into one catagorie, claiming its "Jet-like".

But that is the big fear that due to the investment and job security reasons they would pass on a more sure thing (Teddy) for the guy they traded up for. Even though he's an unknown.

I just don't know if Mac and Bowles have the balls to make a move like Pete Carroll did with Wilson and Flynn. Which is go with the eye test and not what you're invested in.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I am more convinced that it will be Baker then Allen honestly...Mac went to see Baker this week and Elway was there too...The battle for the sooner was on between us, Broncos, Bills, Dolphins, Cardinals. We made the push.

Now, the Giants can be bitches and trade out with a team like the Bills for a ransom or they just take Barkley or Rosen

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Seems about right...Either he rides out the 2-3 years or he becomes the GM of this franchise for the next decade

5. MizzouJet

MizzouJet Well-Known Member

I'm certain Macc sat at his draft board and had at least 3 QB's in his top 6 players, and he really needs a QB...and rather than sit there at 6 and pray the Broncos and Bills didn't jump him so any of the 3 were not available, he guaranteed he'd get 1 of the at least 3 he would have felt comfortable taking at 6.

Having a QB is just about everything these days, so if he feels strongly about these guys, I support the move.

6. MizzouJet

I think it will be Baker also...if Rosen is gone.

Otherwise, I see them taking Rosen.

JMO.

Poeman and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I don't think Mac had much of a choice here......if he waited the Bills could have easily leap-frogged the Jets sitting at #6. He needs a QB now not just for the sake of the franchise but his job security......he is probably happy with 3 of the 4 QBs and will take whoever is left standing. Did he slightly overpay in terms of draft picks ? For now probably.......but if he hits on this QB nobody will mind.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You wanna laugh? According to the NY Post Online edition the" Giants are in the perfect spot to switch with the Jets or other teams..of course the Jets would have to give up more picks than they just did but could sweeten the deal by dealing Darron Lee..a former first Round pick!" Lol

9. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I thought there was no way that the Jets could trade up without next year’s #1. This is very good trade.

Now, we need the Giants to fall in love with Barkley and give us as much choice as possible.

Last, if Rosen is indeed the guy, we really need to make sure that he will not have injury problems. I’ve heard that some teams are concerned about his concussions.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Macc making the right move moving up to get there QB. Can’t knock the hustle. Finally going for it.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It's definitely possible. I would love to see the reaction here if he traded up to the 2. I can guarantee the post would read he could have traded up to 2 for less. He was fleeced twice.
    The draft chart says the 6th pick is worth the same as.......

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Thank God it's St. Patty's Day this thread is driving me to drink.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What do you think We do?

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Whole World will not mind..

Mac beat several teams to the punch with this one..did his HW ..AND HE KNOWS THEY ARE ALL GOOD

This will be a Win ..and will dramatically change the Offense

Hmm..I wonder what 4th down Bowles is thinking ..lmao

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree. That was a very good trade. This shows that Mac can do some good things.

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

What I really like is it weakens the Buffalo Draft chances of getting a fqb or if they trade up it will surely cost them a lot of picks.
    I SAY WE JUST STUCK IT TO BILLS AND BRONCOS...AND ANT OTHER QB NEEDY TEAMS LOOKING TO MOVE UP:)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Florio said Jets talked to Cleveland about getting the first pick. Interesting.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Darnold, Rosen or Allen at #3. In that order.
    Mayfield hell no.

legler82 and BleedingGreen55 like this.
  19. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

No chance. Stop with Mayfield everyone. My god.

He’s a spread QB and undersized. You don’t trade up like that for a project.

It’s Darnold, Rosen, Allen. In that order.

legler82 likes this.
  20. MizzouJet

There's now a better chance of moving/dealing with the NYG at 3 than there was at 6 (which wasn't happening).

If I'm Gettleman, at the very least, on Draft Day I'm on the horn with Macc offering to swap #2 for #3 and extracting an asset for the privilege....and, Macc might consider it IF his highest rated QB (which I believe is Rosen) is still on the board.

Not far-fetched.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.