Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You should be banned for saying that!

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Who's to say Rosen or Mayfield will be better than Allen when it's all said and done? WHo's to say we couldn't have landed a franchise QB at 6 or in the 2nd round or even later?

The league is full of franchise QBs drafted lower than 3rd overall and the league is full of QB busts drafted 3rd overall or higher

It's not an either/or situation.....You don't have to trade to 3 in order to land a franchise QB. By giving away 3 2nd round picks in the process you're just making it absolutely necessary that you pick the right player. If you don't this franchise is dead for a decade

tbruner12 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold are the top 3 QB prospects. Allen wouldn't even be considered in the same class or tier as those 3 if it weren't for his arm strength and athleticism. There's absolutely no way, one of those 3 would be sitting there at #6. Allen, Jackson and the rest of the QBs in this class aren't a scab on the top 3's ass.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’m pre-apologizing for anything I might say should the Jets take Allen at 3. This includes: any and all of the “seven dirty words”, threats of violence, wishes of death upon people.

5. NCJetsfan

That's no point. It just dumb!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Yeah it's so dumb taking a sure fire prospect like Barley or Nelson when half of these teams drafting a QB are landing a complete bust

Sooo many 1st round QBs in recent memory drafted high down the drain

7. NCJetsfan

McCown and Teddy are both signed to 1-year contracts. McCown is old and mediocre. Teddy is a huge question mark due to his injury and rust. The Jets have to secure a QB of the future or Mac has no future as a GM in the NFL. The chances of getting the QB that they want at #6 are nil. It's that simple. It's not rocket science.

ColoradoContrails and MizzouJet like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

I think the Browns could take Allen, Darnold or Mayfield, and maybe even Rosen. I'm hoping they take Allen or Darnold. The Giants would then probably take Rosen, but maybe Barkley. We could then take Mayfield.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Remember that 70 per cent of this Board firmly believed Kirk C was coming here without thinking thru his decision ...lol So..For a lot out there THIS IS rocket science..but you are a good teacher hehehe

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Specifically who is every other pray tell?

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well I want either Mayfield, Rosen has grown on me but I still wouldn't say no to a Jet supporting superstar in the making RB.

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Absolutely......The Bridgewater trade is about potential future draft capital........he plays well the Jets could in theory A) resign him ( although doubtful if this FQB drafted at # 3 is the future ) B) trade him off midseason for a high pick next year or C) Let him walk and get a third round compensatory........I really like this Bridgewater signing - very shrewd on Mac's part - almost Cashman like...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

*fist pound*

14. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Which further solidifies the logic of Barkley. Blocking the Browns at #4

tbruner12 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Talk about DUMB! Trading all those picks to take an effing RB! OMG Some of you guys ought to find another sport, because you don't understand the value of QBs or the needs of this team

MJK and MizzouJet like this.
  16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah you won't have to worry about that one......this trade up was for a QB ( and his job security )...he pretty much guarantees himself another year at least. All in all I like the trade..

PS You don't have to worry about them drafting a RB in this draft now without those two second rounders......

17. NCJetsfan

I'd say it's an uninformed opinion.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

BomberJet likes this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This trade is for a QB, anyone suggesting the Jets are or should consider any other position are wrong. You make this trade to get a QB, that’s it and that’s just what the Jets did. Now which QB??

20. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I think Baker Mayfield is a Jet at 3. Rosen has concussion concerns and a rather frail body. You've got to go with the guy that's most pro ready, that's Mayfield.

I really think this will turn out to be an excellent choice. Maybe not this year? The Jets have MUCH better QB competition now, but I can see a scenario where Mayfield starts by week 8.