Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's pretty much common opinion everywhere that Darnold will need a little work before he starts, where ever he goes. So if it's him that's how it should. But I think you're right whoever it is.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Pretty amazing they were able to move up to the 3 spot without giving up a number 1. Good move

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The Browns front office got fired for not getting the QB with all their draft capital accumulation. John Dorsey knows this. They didn't bring him to the Browns to continue playing games with the draft and the roster.

The Browns will take their QB, because they can get their top preference of the choices available, and also know that when they get to pick 4, they almost certainly get Barkley anyway. Even if they somehow don't land Barkley, they'll get Chubb or Fitzpatrick there. There is no downside to securing their preferred QB.

The Jets don't have this luxury the Browns have. The Jets are forced to do what they are doing.

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

With our second round history since I became a fan in 95 I could care less about trading our second rounders until the end of time !

xxedge72x likes this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm ecstatic !

xxedge72x likes this.
  6. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I'm happy with this, finally a move that seems thought out, planned and a vision in mind.

7. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Mac is hit or miss. So if you think about it, we've only given up 1.5 picks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Huge move from Mac. Finally a shot at drafting a QB with some promise. There must be some magic in all those green St. Patty's hats.

Go Jets!!!

NCJetsfan and xxedge72x like this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Like I said, the teams in the top 5 don’t want to trade back out of the top 10.

Anyone trading up is either going to have to trade into the top 10 first or empty their savings account.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

What if Barkley is available?

11. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I like the move. The fear was they'd end up with no one and we'd be waiting another year to get back to the same place.

I assume Barkely and a qb, will go in top 2. The question is would the jets consider saquon if he were there at #3?

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

For the Jets, he’s a luxury pick. I’m not sure the Jets have the luxury at the moment.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. xxedge72x

You take the QB. Barkley is awesome. Everyone knows it. He still can't give to a franchise what a good / great QB can.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Oh snap. Edge is all in on Broadway Baker.

xxedge72x likes this.
  15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

But which one? I like Mayfield but not at 3. If it goes 1) Darnold 2) Barkley do we take Rosen or Mayfield? Watch Allen hype heats up come draft day and Macc picks him lol.

16. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

Mac likes Rosen, he went to see him play several times and met him at the combine. So I'd say it'll be Rosen if he's available. Oh, and the only pro day the management went too see was Rosen's.

17. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

They have had scouts at every qbs games this year including Jackson and falk.

Mac has been to both rosen and Mayfields pro days this week.

Darnolds pro day is on the 21st and Allen's on the 23rd.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

18. xxedge72x

Been so for months. I was the one who asked Cman to elevate the Mayfield post in the draft forum to sticky status during the season since he wasn't getting talked about much at the time.

I've spent way too many hours watching publicly available film of all of the top QBs in this draft. Way too much time reading articles, reviewing statistics, and other context. The conclusion I came away with months ago is that Mayfield is horribly underrated, and that the criticisms of him are over-amplified. Valid, but over-blown in their weighting.

I think Rosen and Darnold are both worthy of top of the draft selections. But based on all the time I've personally spent on this, Mayfield feels like the right choice to me. We haven't had a quarterback as accurate as Mayfield since Pennington, and Mayfield is so much more talented than Pennington ever was. And beyond the talent, Mayfield is a natural leader. He's a perfect compliment to Jamal Adams, and gives this team an identity they've lacked for a very long time. He's the perfect foundational piece for this team.

As far as QBs go this year, my opinion is Mayfield > Darnold > Rosen >> Jackson >>> Allen.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This would be getting the pick to get one of two guys and then flipping it if both are gone when the #3 is on the clock. It would be doing everything possible to maximize the value of the pick and not lose overall on the trade up. It might even be doable if the worst came to pass and the Jet's two guys were both gone at 3.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If 4 QB's are gone in 5 picks at least one team made a major mistake.