Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

If they thought Bridgewater was a franchise QB they would have given him more than a one-year deal, they wouldn't have promised McCown the starting spot and they wouldn't be trading up now.

Vida, legler82, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  2. Hayden

Hayden Active Member

Fans: We need a QB!
    Mac: alright I traded up to get one
    Fans: You gave up too much you should’ve waited!

In an alternate reality
    Fans: We need a QB!
    Mac: Alright so I’m going to wait and see if one falls to me at 6
    Fans: Why didn’t you trade up!? #firemaccagnan #FireBowles SOJ! Just End The Season! 50 years of failure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vida, Freddy Mondo, legler82 and 19 others like this.
  3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Jets need a qb. They will now have one.

Freddy Mondo, NCJetsfan, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  4. NYJFan10

They should be fired if they traded all these picks for a RB who 50-50 is not even there at 3.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rob, its not just this year we're talking about. You need a FQB to be successful and if you have any shot at getting one, you take it. Yeah, we signed McCown and Bridge but both are on 1 year deals so neither really was more than stopgaps. After 50 long years we finally have a good shot at a FQB and you're pissed?

Macc should be commended for at least taking a chance. You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket so you pay the price whatever it is. Macc's future, and the Jets future depends on him getting this pick right. At least being in the top 3 guarantees that. Now if we had lost 2 more games last year, we wouldn't be in this position would we...

legler82, Dom, NCJetsfan and 5 others like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:D:D

7. NYJFan10

So I guess you were also happy not trading up for Brett Favre and settling for Browning Nagle.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mac knows he has to get a QB, or he's fired after this year. So he did what he had to do. If I were in his shoes I'd have done the same thing. Now he needs to get this one right, it will be the most important thing he's ever done as our GM.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

My guess for picks 1-6 as of now

1. Cleveland takes Barclay
    2. Bills move ahead of the Jets to take QB1 (Darnold?)
    3. Jets take Chubb
    4. Giants move up for Nelson
    5. Broncos take QB2 (Mayfield?)
    6. Raiders move up for Fitzpatrick

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I hate this trade. We gave up too much; and after the Hackenberg pick, I have zero confidence that Mac will select the right quarterback.

11. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

If the browns don’t take him I believe the giants will so I think we’re fucked.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Which 3 Qb's is the question... I don't remember reading anything about the Jets being associated with Darnold so my guess would be: Rosen, Mayfield, Allen.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The QB's out there this time around are at the Stafford level not the Sanchez level, and there are two of them, possibly three, that project as a potential FQB.

I've been a proponent of staying at 6 and taking the falling QB or BPA if the NFL got silly and took 4 QB's in the top 5.

However I'm not all that worried about this deal. Assuming the Jets don't do something silly, like not taking a QB, we'll have quality depth in the QB room for the first time since Vinny was the starter with Chad sitting behind him. That's something that is a necessary first step in finding the FQB who will lead the Jets to the promised land.

I do think the Jets need to figure out how to ensure that the OL is decent next year. The guy they signed to replace Wesley Johnson has a long injury history and has never been healthy for a full season. The Jets probably still need another solid pro in the rotation so that they start the season with a good OL and maintain that when the inevitable injury occurs.

The Jets did give up a 4-for-1 here. They really need to nail the rest of the draft, including the #3 pick.

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Not even. One of Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen will be there. Happy with any of them tbh.

15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Different fans have different opinions...

twown and Br4d like this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Your analogy is garbage.
    Allen plus Billy Price + RB Chubb + next years 2nd rounder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Rosen

not to mention I believe Mayfield will be there at 6.
    He's not an Elway prototype, and I don't think he's Buffalo's target. We blew a lot of second rounders here.

17. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

In theory that would be great. That would mean that two QB's were taken and the third would be available. If the Jets could recoup some draft capital from a deal with the Browns that else be fantastic.

However, the Jets have already bought the farm to move up to #3. The Browns would have to know that the Jets would have to pick a QB with the third pick or the Jets would be monumentally ridiculed. What incentive would they have to (idle) that's that they might take Barkley/Chubb?

18. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Bold move by Mac. This pick determines his fate over the next year, and this team's fate over the next 4-5 seasons.

In light of the news, I hope Darnold, Rosen, Allen, et al., hit the video room and practice field to get the 2 yard toss to the flat on 3rd & 7, and the delayed handoff up the middle on 3rd & 14 down before training camp starts.

19. theron

theron New Member

I don´t like it.All our Picks would have been Important to fix the Holes we have.I was pretty sure there was a QB available with our 6th Pick.
    Now seems the Rebuild will take another 2-3 Years

James Hasty and BacktoQueens like this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

they could've had one at 6..

the gamble taking one at 3 is just as high as taking one at 6 with this crop, except we've now thrown in a bunch of second rounders for good measure.