Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

When RobA is not optimistic about a Jets move, we should all take note. lol

I agree with you Rob..

2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Exactly. On draft day, it all becomes King's ransom.

apjbfc likes this.
  3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm happy with this. The Giants weren't going to do business with us, and we have the Bills and Broncos to deal with. We still have next years 1st and can get one of the top 3 QB prospects, this is good.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Stop assuming the guy they want would have been there at 6.

This just assumes there's 3 guys they REALLY like. I'd say there's 2 they LOVE and one isn't named Darnold. Rosen and Baker seemingly all looked like they won't be there at 6. The Bills have gotten ammo to move up, the Giants may take a QB, Hell the Broncos may have taken a QB. The top 5 spots easily could have been 4 QB's and the Jets need a franchise QB. They had to make a move.

hwismer, Walt White and JetBlue like this.
  5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Because the top QB’s are viewed relatively equally makes it not a good trade? Why would two of the Qb’s being viewed worse make it a better decision?

On a 1-10 scare, if a 9 is worth trading up for, if all of them are viewed as 9’s, why is that a worse trade than if one was 9 and the other 8’s?

In the former you have guarantee getting a 9, as opposed to only having a 1/3 shot at a 9.

That’s just ridiculous. By your argument, if Luck, Peyton and John Elway were all in the same draft, because none of them would be the definitive number 1 over the others it wouldn’t be worth trading up to get one of them. That’s ridiculous, you trade up and take whichever the three is available.

Whether any of the QB’s turn out to be a Luck or Peyton or Elway is irrelevant so don’t try to dispute it on that issue. That’s simply an example of your argument with players applied to it; if you would trade up for one of them, despite none of them being the definitive number 1, you have to admit your argument has no merit.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The browns aren't taking a QB 1st they will likely take one 4th...don't they have the 4th overall to?I could see them taking Berkley with the 1st and then a QB at 4

7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Let’s fucking GOOOOOOOO!

Freddy Mondo and legler82 like this.
  8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

And what kind of ripping would you guys be giving Macc if we came out of this offseason with a billion dollars in cap space and the #6 overall pick only getting Bridgewater on a one year deal as a backup to McCown and a guard at #6, without a long-term answer at QB? Or worse yet, picking the Wyoming kid and having him Browning Nagle us while the guy in front of him is Favre.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

The Giants GM wants to build the OL because Eli has a few more years on him. I believe the Giants will either take Barkley or Nelson of they are available.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I applaud MacCagnan for having the balls to find an answer to the most important position on this team, finally. This is a great year for quarterbacks, and the Jets had the opportunity to be involved, and are doing just that.

We know MacCagnan is measured in his decision making, so I don't think they moved up to 3 without a comfort in the possible choices he'll have there.

Obviously his future will depend on how our new QB turns out. That said, I'm thrilled the Jets are trying here.

My preference is clearly Baker Mayfield. If we land him, I'll be full on celebrating. If we end up with Rosen, I'll still be content with having finally got a QB.

Very excited right now!

11. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Unpopular opinion. Mayfield is gonna be a bust. I’m sorry but I think he will be. Let the bashing begin

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I swear to god, if we redshirt the #3 overall pick, I’m gonna lose my shit.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd be really happy coming away with Allen or Nelson at the 6, while keeping all our second round picks to build out the team.

14. SmoothLefty21

SmoothLefty21 Member

Rosen or Mayfield, please. I have a feeling Rose will go #1 to CLE so I'm guessing Mac likes Mayfield enough to jump Denver.

If we traded up for Darnold or Allen it'd be the most Jets thing ever.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I wouldn't. We have done well in FA. Our secondary is dirty, backfield looks strong, and we have a potential franchise QB in Bridgewater if he is healthy.

16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Yes.

17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I agree with you....the problem is I see atleast 5 QBs and maybe 7 that have a good enough shot to be franchise QBs

I would bet a ton of money that one of the QBs picked 4th-7th has a better career than a QB picked 1st-3rd this year....I would also bet one of the top 3 is a flat out bust

We see it every year....these QBs are can't miss....and then they miss

We're just taking an extra risk and giving away valuable players in the process....if we're right then fine but doesn't mean we couldn't have been right picking at 6

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There something called DESPERATION and it's alive and well with our GM..Being DESPERATE also makes you move out of your comfort zone in life...ya do what ya gotta do...Mac was VERY SMART to do this because IMO 2 out 3 of those QBs are excellent but they ALL can be winners...look at that tape boys and girls

19. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Allen, who a lot of people have as the best QB in the draft this year, or trade down with someone who covets him, or just take Nelson or Fitzpatrick who would both fill big holes while giving Teddy, still young and talented a shot this year (and if he sucks, you’re in position to get your QB next year).

BacktoQueens likes this.
  20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I bet the Jets are moving up for Barkley. He wants to play for the Jets and Toilet Bowles really wants to bring back the 1980s offense of ground and pound.