Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

With the number 3 overall pick the Jets select Minkah Fitzpatrick.....nothing would surprise me

James Hasty likes this.
  2. Penning10

Penning10 Member

I was thinking the same, but it was a preemptive strike by Mike Mac because Buffalo was supposedly looking to move up & Denver could conceivably go with a QB as well. That would potentially leave us with no Barkley and the top 4 QBs gone. If we waited til draft day, Buffalo could have beat us to the #3 pick.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

The Jets have never had the ability to be the worst team in the NFL...how many times have we picked 4th,5th and 6th. FINALLY...we have the 6th pick and for the first time our loaded up with 2nd round picks...in a QB RICH draft.

Fantastic move. Finally...roll of the dice? Lets face it...at least half of the qb's slated to go high will be busts...but at least you have a better chance.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah that was tough to look at.

James Hasty likes this.
  5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm flabbergasted. What a dumb trade.

1. We just wasted three second rounders, that's 3 possible impact players, to move up THREE FREAKING SPOTS in the first round.

2. The player we are targeting may be available at 6 anyway. Or worse...

3. The player we are targeting may not even be available at 3!!! This is the type of trade you make ON DRAFT DAY if the player you want is still there at 3. Why make this trade now?! For this price?! Wow...

I'm so pissed. I pray the Jets make me eat my words, but this was dumb. Just dumb. I pray Barkley is available at 3, that is the only way I'll feel kind of okay about this.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Plus I'm sure QB's get a markup. There's a difference trading up to 1 to get a QB as opposed to Russel Maryland.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the Eagles won the Super Bowl with Wentz picking splinters out of his ass.

Saying that Wentz helped the Eagles win it is like saying Indiana Jones changed anything about the fate of the arc.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Allen or Jackson + 3 second round picks vs Rosen Ill take my chances

Or even trade back for a haul

CBG likes this.
  9. NYJFan10

Well if you want to feel better look at our second rounders between David Harris and Maye, including Macc picks Hackenberg and Devin Smith lol

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We can't assume the Browns are taking a QB at #1. If they want Barkley bad enough, they could take him so the Giants can't. Then the Giants trade out with someone or draft Darnold, then the Jets can choose from Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield.

Heck, the Browns could be in love with Mayfield or Allen, etc and somehow Darnold drops to the Jets at 3. So many possibilities.

11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Bridgewater is only on a one year deal. Therefore, how can he be of value after next year?

xxedge72x likes this.
  12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Yeah mortgaging the future on the best passer in the draft would be terrible.

Dom, NCJetsfan, BomberJet and 3 others like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If they did something like this, it would be a full on fan revolt. All hell would break loose and they'd have to post 24hr guards around Macc's home.

14. NYJFan10

What you people aren't getting is the third pick might not be available in trade on draft day. Sometimes you need to make a preemptive move.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Rosen is not the best passer, but he does have a ton of concussions and durability issues, and is generally a douchebag.
    I can't get behind taking that at 6, let alone trading up for it.

16. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

Wait until draft day, yeah so you have to give up next years #1 to move up, he’ll be there at 6, how can you possibly know that? You want a guy be aggressive & go get him. You’re right you just can’t please them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vida and TonyFtLaud like this.
  17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Totally respect this opinion...totally get it.

I just do not understand a fan base that has been thwarted so many times in the past with good teams and no qb...for decades finally growing a set of balls and going for it. We are acting as if the 2nd round players we would have picked would be at least...pro bowl special team players.

We are talking about a franchise qb in a qb rich draft.

BomberJet and Cman68 like this.
  18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

This trade means the jets figure that there are only THREE good QBs in the draft. Browns WILL take Darnold at 1 and Giants pick Rosen at 2. Jets WILL TAKE QB at 3, either Allen or Mayfield. Browns will not take Barkley at 1 because they know they can get him at 4. The jets either do not like Allen or Mayfield, and did not want to get stuck with the #4 QB at 6.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Can't help the kid got hurt JH. Before he did Wentz was playing at a very high level so yeah, it was all good in Philly. We should hope our FQB delivers anything remotely close to what Wentz was doing.

Vida and TonyFtLaud like this.
  20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Then let it go and stay at 6!! The best part of this being a QB-heavy draft is a top talent would fall to us at 6 that WILL START AND IMPACT 2018! Someone like Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson would have fell to us and then we could have drafted more impact players in round 2. Now what?! A third string QB?! GREAT! That will totally help us this year.

rohirrim665 likes this.