You guys are going to love TeddyB, are we going to love Sheldon Richardson as much?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Turboe, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Turboe

Turboe New Member

My first post on Gang Green...

Seconding what another Vikings fan said on here I was heartbroken to see TeddyB being sent packing this offseason and I will follow Jets games for the first time ever because unlike many players that leave my team, I want nothing but success for TeddyB!! Unless we ever play against you I will be rooting for him.

If Teddy is truly healthy (and that would be remarkable given the severity of the injury) you will have a stud on your hands. I went to Teddy's last game in purple before the injury. It was game 3 of the preseason (I know it was still preseason) when the starters play well into the second half. It was the first ever game in our new stadium and the place was electric as you can get for a preseason game. What I saw with my own eyes had me so excited for the season and Teddy's ever growing career. As was mentioned on here Teddy always had that "it" thing in the clutch that you want in a guy, the knock was always arm strength. Well before he went down he had bulked up and the long balls and strong throws I saw him throw that day were unreal!! You can see here: . I hope you see that same Teddy next season!

But my real reason for coming here tonight is to ask the people that know him best, what did we just get in Sheldon Richardson?? Obviously there were some issues when he was with ya'll or you would not have traded him to Seattle last year? What was the deal? I didnt follow his career close enough (other than to know he was a beast at least some of the time) but not enough to know why he wore out his welcome in NY.

So tell me honestly. What did we just pay for in Sheldon? I know as I said above many players that leave your team are dead to you as a fan, but I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Richardson is enormously talented. The problem with him is he seems to be competing with himself more than his competition. For the Jets at least, he was quite outspoken, and backed up that outspokenness with some off the field incidents that left us wondering what the hell he's doing.

On the field, when he's on, he's a terror. Totally worth it as a player. Its his commitment that causes issues and hopefully, for you guys, that improves over what we experienced here.

Franchize likes this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He’s had some issues off the field and his play really hasn’t ever been the same since his rookie year. One thing you can count on with Sheldon though is he will give 100% effort every play. I can see him putting up big numbers in the Vikes D.

4. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

When he is on he is a force!

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I personally don't like Sheldon off the field at all. On the field: he is a solid player for sure. Factor in he is already coming to a great defense, and he should be icing on the cake. Cousins and Richardson definitely make the Vikings a Super Bowl favorite to me. Welcome to TGG!

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If he learned anything from his troubles here and comes to play, you'll probably be very happy with him. OTOH, if he didn't learn his lesson here, or is just coasting/not really motivated, you're gonna be sorry the Vikings signed him.

As far as Teddy goes, I've loved him since he was at Louisville. I wanted the Jets to draft him in 2014. I'm really excited that they have him now. Thanks for the highlights! He looks really good there. I have to hope that he will look anywhere near that good for the Jets, as I doubt if our GM will trade up for one of the QBs this year. If we're gonna have a FQB any time soon, it will probably be Teddy. If he isn't healthy, then we're probably in trouble.

#6 NCJetsfan, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Brook! likes this.
  7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Oh no, don't tell me you have given up on the Jets drafting a franchise QB?

Teddy has 28 TDs and 22 Interceptions in his career. Another QB that throws interceptions, that's what the Jets need.

Sorry I am not so keen on this signing.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

He tried to start fights with fans on Twitter, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If you like d-lineman that notch 2 1/2 sacks (combined total past two seasons) in two seasons you're gonna LOVE Sheldon Richardson.

The guy became a locker room cancer here helped contribute to the Jets dismal 2016 season.

Plus he's had off the field problems and has voiced anti-police feelings in the past.

He's looking for the payday don't be the suckers who give it to him or you'll regret it

He's another guy I'm glad didn't come here this off season.

10. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

In a nutshell, Sheldon is a world class player on the field and a dumb ass player off it. If he has a good mentor/coaching, he could be an absolutely game changer for Minnesota.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So I just saw Richardson is only getting 8M. He turned down 11M to stay at Seattle because he wanted 15. Maybe that tells you something about the people advising him now. Also sounds a lot like the mistake Mathieu made too.

12. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Don't let him stand too close to Zimmer armed with a timeout...

13. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

From this video, he's seems a quick decision maker, and has a quick release of the ball, we can only hope those are still there...

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sheldon: Very Good player, but a knucklehead....
    Although I think this is a very good move for the VIKES.... should push their defense up a level for sure, as I think being on a competitive team will keep him focused.
    Just don't let him call any timeouts.

Just saw that video.... granted highlights of a preseason game dont mean squat, but he dropped some dimes on that one :cool:

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Emotional guy, but never gives up on a play. Which I loved.

16. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Sheldon Richardson is a sh*thead. He used to be a great player and his stats went right down the tubes. He's not the player he used to be. He's also a peace pipe puff away from a year long suspension. If you got him on the cheap, good for you, you've picked up a pretty good player. Just realize that any playing time you get from him is a bonus because due to his IQ , he's likely to get suspended again.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

guy has oceans of talent that said he stood in front of the entire team and apologized for an incident and said " it will never happen again " and you can't make this up I believe that very same day or the next day the story broke of ANOTHER incident,,,,,,Sheldon was a huge disappointment here ,,,lots of talent but not the heart or smarts

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I always felt he deserved the big contract not Wilkerson.I was hoping we would bring him back in free agency but our GM is a clueless dickbag

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I think the Jets will be glad in the long run they didn't get to pony up $30 mil a year for a player who is not a franchise QB. The Vikes laid out a lot of money for a minor upgrade at QB IMO. Bridgewater and McCown give the Jets better than league average at the position.

20. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I gave up on Richardson when he went to the media trying to get Mo paid. It was obvious he was just trying to set the stage for his own future payday while hurting the team, and guaranteeing that the team wouldn't be able to afford both. In the same event he was trying to sabotage the Jets in two different ways--not exactly endearing to the fans.

He's a beast when he's attacking the interior line, though.

Walt White likes this.