Jets re-sign Ben Ijalana

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 16, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thank god you are going away to fun and sun and you don't have to experience storms,,,,,and if you really get bored you can sign on and read what a bang up job Mac is doing on the O LINE while you lay poolside

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he drafted shell our starting RT last year so.....

sometimes the draft falls certain ways, you have to improvise. I doubt he goes into a draft saying i'll never draft a lineman, but i do know in the past he believes in not drafting them high but instead drafting them low and developing them. Doens't mean he'll always stand by that with the right opportunity in the draft or that he can't change his mind.

Jets69 likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

He drafted Shell in what round ? That the only guy in 3 drafts that you can throw at me ? If so read my quote again " Mac does not draft O lineman " !!!!!!!!!!! Don't go throwing 6th or 7th rounders at me and no supplemental guys either,,,,,,who has he drafted,,,,?????? No one

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Messed up that post. Here for another week. But yea, mac does underwhelm when it comes to the o line.

5. GasedAndConfused

he's had 3 drafts. he's used 2 5th rounders on lineman.
    sometimes that's how it falls. i'd rather have him not draft one then reach for a 6th round prospect in the 2nd round (like we did with ducasse) in his 1st 2 drafts he only drafted 1 DB and it was a 4th rounder. then in 2017 he drafted 2 DBs with the top 2 picks plus 2 more in the 6th. sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles. it doesn't mean he goes into a draft with the mindset of never taking an offensive lineman.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red Menace and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Got to have something to complain about, never ending with this fan base.

8. GasedAndConfused

i know right. it's kind of tiring. i mean earlier this week before you could officially sign anyone people were bitching mac was lazy and doing nothing then he signed a shit ton of players. plus made a huge bid at cousins which fell through but had a great contingency plan in place and executed it well

Jets69 and BudJet like this.
  9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I really think mac has plans to Draft OL maybe not to start this year. That's why Ben got a 1 year deal to hold the fort for a year.
    I would really like to Draft and start Price at center and roll Long over to LT and hold on to carpenter for 1 year for insurance

#29 BudJet, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  10. GasedAndConfused

you don't move a C/G over to LT

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If he had taken an OL instead of Hackenburg I guess people would have a lot less to bitch about but until Mac shows that he knows how to judge talent or draft expect people to give him well deserved criticism

12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

My mistake....I ment to say LG, that's why I said to hang on to carpenter

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

but you lack perspective. I looked at the draft, only 1 lineman was taken in the 2nd round after the jets picked hack. it was an OG whitehair to chicago. Now i don't know much about the guy and he's started every game for 2 years, but googling his name on bear forums shows the bears fans aren't very high on him. so who could he have possible taken instead of hack for the o-line?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So because the Jets have not really addressed the line since Brick n Mangold were picked you are willing to cut Mac slack for not addressing what I any many others felt has been a need on every draft day before and since Mac has been here? Because you feel that there were no impact players on the O Line you are cool with the Hack pick being thrown away by our current GM ? I think he could have picked almost any other position rather than waste that 2nd round pick on Hack . Don't you think maybe MAC could have traded out from the wasted Hackenburgh and
    address the line ? You can say I lack perspective thats fine but I say we lack offensive lineman its been glaring for quite a while.Mac not only chose that year to not address the line but in each year he has selected . Also it will be all well and good if we finally after all this time ind an FQB at # 3 this year but keep in mind whoever plays qb has to stand behind this current line that was addressed thus far with only the addition of Long.

15. GasedAndConfused

we needed to address QB too. mac took a swing and missed, but it's not like he passed up some pro bowl lineman in the process. you can't draft something that doesn't exist. he's had 2 drafts, drafted 2 lineman, and 1 is our starting RT and pretty solid. and he didn't use a high pick on him either. he's had a total of 22 picks almost 10% were lineman.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Bowels yes he swung and missed VERY badly by taking Hack way too early if at all .The guy was a 4th rd pick at best . Do you mean to tell me that after we took HACK there were no lineman on the board ? Hell even Tunsil who had a shit year for the Fish saw the field,,,,,and Decker was picked around there also and would have been a better pick than Hack . I mean you and me can get this wrong and debate but our GM can't, he gets paid to get this right. He swung and missed badly on Hack and I pray he hits # 3 outta the park on draft day . He was better off taking any position than Hack but I stray the guy has not addressed the O line and if you want to argue that 10 percent of his picks were lineman than my rebuttal is maybe he should have made better selections late regarding lineman or heres a grand idea , he should have spent earlier / higher picks on a position in dire need the O line ! I will be happy to agree to disagree with you here on this one .

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

CBG, you're good people but damn dude, Enter key.

18. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Macc sticks to his convictions. I will give him that. He thinks he can find value in the later rounds. That's how he plans to pick up linemen.

19. GasedAndConfused

every swings and misses. you can't complain about that. you have to look at his misses vs other GMs and in that regards mac has done a better job then most over the past 3 years

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jury is still out on last years draft his first 2 sucked ass,,,,I get it he can do no wrong I hope you are correct about him