Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Dec 28, 2017.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Point taken.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Ealy is a really difficult player to put a price tag on.

He has occasionally shown really productive flashes, followed by stretches of very little impact.
    I think that's been the case wherever he's been. Just enough to keep you very interested, but not enough to make a difference.

For someone like that, definitely short term deal or very little in guarantees.
    either catch lightning in a bottle, or have a way out.
    Under those terms I'd Ealy back.....if he'd go for that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

oh relax, just having a little fun

4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

GET HONEY BADGER!!!!!

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm sure the honey tweeter..excuse me badger, is enjoying all the love on twitter from across the league. He might take all offseason to pick a team just for the attention

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Has he even had visits? What's up with that?

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He's probably not in a rush. He knows he's going to get paid by someone.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I know that he plans to visit the Jets, Giants and Packers at minimum. I'm not sure when this actually happens. I'm sure he'll want to visit tons of teams. I would do it just for the free high class dinner :) Yesterday on twitter people were saying that he will command 11-12m per year. It seems worth it if we sign him and cut skrine, it will be like getting him for just 5-6m this year.

I still think that it's overkill on a team that still doesn't really have an offense, but if that offense starts clicking within a year and Bridgewater or draft pick works out, the team could be deadly. I see him as an unnecessary luxury at this point, but it would be sweet.

9. Don

Richardson signed with Vikings on a 1 year deal..lots of those this time around.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Pheww I was worried the Jets might end up resigning him after I'd heard that rumored earlier in the offseason and given their gaping hole at DE

CBG and FJF like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

People give Mac a hard time, but that deal was great. Received a solid WR who kept things calm on offense in Kearse and a 2nd Round pick. The Seahawks got Richardson, who did not do much, they missed the playoffs, then he signs with the Vikings. Sometimes when evaluating trades, it is hard to pick a winner. Not this time. Maccagnan was great.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We honestly may give up 70 sacks and lose two quarterbacks for the year but who gives a shit with how elite this secondary is going to be, right?

It worked out well last time going aging shitty offensive line, below average pass rush and ELITE highly paid secondary.

ColoradoContrails, CBG and Red Menace like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Did I miss the draft and the rest of free agency?

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Not as badly as we’ve missed the top two offensive lineman available for an overpaid cornerback.

The fact that we’re focusing on Tyrann Matthieu is so dumb. Should be focusing on Jensen.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

guess Sheldon didn't get that Suh money lol

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. I'm disappointed that defense continues to be the priority w. this team. Dont mistake me there. It was like clockwork that ASJ signed w. JAX that a few mins later it was announced Claibourne was re-signed.

That said I'll take TM over Jensen. I think Jensen is overrated & comes from a gap blocking scheme when we're trying to switch to a zone. I don't think Center is an impact position but for extremely rare instances..we simply needed someone who wasn't a liability like Wesley Johnson was...hopefully Long is the answer.

Above all else the Jets need playmakers regardless of position.TM Fits that bill & we may have a pipeline to bring him here. He's still very young & is a scheme fit. For a team that does not draft playmakers at all...this would be a rare opportunity to land one.

Unfortunately offensive free agents are not going to come here until a QB is in house,a surrounding cast is prioritized & possibly Bowles is gone.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Where do you see that the Jets are focusing on Matthieu? I haven’t seen anything that suggest there is any truth to that. Would be awesome though if there was as he could be a building block player.

Jensen is very overrated on here, he doesn’t seem to be generating much interest throughout the NFL. I would’ve liked Norwell as well but other than him it wasn’t a very strong OL FA class.

I’m ok spending on D in FA as long as it leads to drafting O talent, which many of us have been clamoring for for years now. If they continue to ignore offense in the draft then everyone has a right to be angry, until then though I’m gonna remain hopeful.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Says who? Eric Decker signed here with no options at quarterback. It happens all the time. Offensive players go where they’re given the most money.

The only players that can be picky about their supporting cast are quarterbacks because they know they’re getting paid regardless. Every other position goes where the money is.

19. Don

Jets resigned Pennel..3 yrs, 12m

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS,,exactly THIS !