Coffee and Health

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by TonyFtLaud, Mar 14, 2018.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Get lite salt. Add 1/4 teaspoon to water and flavor with Mio electrolyte. Tastes like Gatorade.

Also yeah the chills sensation seems to be a by product of ketosis. I also get a slight burning sensation as well which lets me know I’m in ketosis too.

[​IMG]

Dunno if you blood test but keto mojo has strips for 1$ / strip which is a good price.

Brook! likes this.
  2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Is it me or does it seem that every year there's a new study contradicting the previous study on Coffee and Health...

RPOZ51 likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Coffee has been known as a diuretic for a LONG time.... that's nothing new. It does have some beneficial benefits too (aside from the obvious)

Ditch all the sugary sports drinks.... Coconut water is the jam! (buy the natural stuff, no sugar added. I stock up when I see it on sale)

but if you're gonna drink gatorade and the like, mix 1/2 gatorade, 1/2 water.... this is what they told us to do in fire school before we had a big "burn day" drill (the joys of wearing turnout gear all day in the FL heat, THEN going into a fire heated building)

but back to the topic, I'm good for one large coffee in the am (prob 2 "cups") then occ one later in the afternoon if I'm draggin, or need some added motivation for physical activity.

I also chug a full pint of water (or 2) first thing as soon as I wake up every morn (8 hrs without water while youre sleeping) so you're low, plus excess "douches" out your insides while you have an empty stomach. ;)

4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Yes! And not just coffee.

I never get the feeling that these studies are very scientific. They usually seem to be anecdotal, or based on very broad assumptions and surveys.

Something is good one day, and bad the next. Eggs for instance. It's very frustrating when you are trying to "do the right thing."

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I've been on a fairly strict vegan, low added sugar and "junk" carb diet since last August, and I don't have those cold sensitivity symptoms.

You also listed some other factors there. It's hard to know what affects what when there are so many variables in the equation.

That - and our systems are very individual. Things that have a significant effect on one person may be less so for another person.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Isn't coconut water an even stronger diuretic?

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

no just the opposite..... I've done field studies in the hangover recovery dept.

Brook! likes this.