Josh Rosen at #4 to Jets

Discussion in 'Draft' started by StrongSide, Mar 11, 2018.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'll take Rosen any day of the week and twice on Sundays, he's that good. And he's better than any of what we hope or will have in the coming season. These forum follies nitpicking this and that - you can find negatives on any player - and this draft is no exception with the QBs. Just give the new QB a decent OL to work behind , no matter who is taking the snaps.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's not even close to reality.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets could probably move from 6 to 3 if they gave up both 2nds this year. This assuming that they guaranteed the Colts a QB pick in the slot (meaning no trades of the 3 pick). This would be an overpay but it's going to be a competitive market for that pick.

I think the Jets best move is to wait it out at 6 and then try to trade down if they don't like what they see there. This is a rebuilding team and adding another 2nd and taking a tier 1.5/2 QB in the mid to late 1st or later might be the better move.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No way. If they wait it out, they can forget getting one of the top 3 QBs. If Mac does that, he should be fired immediately after the Jets' pick is announced and not even allowed to finish the draft.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Who are the top 3 QB's?

I have enough trouble sorting out the top 2.

I think you don't overload a deal unless you are sure you are getting the best and after Darnold and Rosen are off the board (maybe before that even) I don't think you're getting a great player. I think you're just getting a slightly better lottery ticket and paying a huge price for it.

stinkyB and BacktoQueens like this.
  6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Top 3 to me are Allen, Darnold, and Mayfield, but to your point no one agrees on top 3 or even top 2.

Also agree it may not be worth the price to move up unless they absolutely have one guy rated a lot higher than the others, and if that guy is still there at pick 3.

FJF likes this.
  7. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Josh Rosen's pro-day is today at 3pm.

8. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Let's be realistic do the Colts really want to trade with the Bills???? Do they want to move all the way down and miss out on a blue chip prospect? They have a better option with us.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Move up to 3

It will guarantee you Baker Mayfield if Dar/Rosen gone

Now is the year to do this ..not next or the year after

At the moment we have an aging QB a crippled QB and an inept sec rounder..

Capt Kirks ship has sailed

The stampede for a QB is fast approaching

So if ya scnooz ya lose Mac

#29 NYJetsO12, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

My guess on the situation is the Bills best chance to trade up is 2 or 5 and the Jets best chance to trade up is 3 or 4.

If Macs guy is there at 3 then by all means go up and get him.

11. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I would say yes. The Colts have a lot of holes to fill, and I think they'd value quantity over quality, where as the Giants are less likely to want to drop that far back. If the Bills are going to get to #2, they may need to stop off at #4 or #7 first. I also wouldn't discount Denver moving up to #2 to ensure they get their guy.

12. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Why? I can see the Giants perhaps not wanting to gift us a QB, but why would Indy or Cleveland not be open to dealing with the Bills. If anything #12 & #22 for #4 would be a great get for Cleveland, especially if Barkley is gone.

13. NCJetsfan

Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold. It's not even close.

I disagree. The Jets cannot come out of this draft without a topnotch QB prospect. If they do, Mac will likely be fired and the fans will likely revolt (as they should!!!!). If in 5-6 years Mayfield winds up the best QB in the NFL, Rosen is the #2 QB in the NFL, and Darnold is the #3 QB in the NFL, does it really make a tinker's damn which one the Jets have? No. If they take one of Allen, Jackson, or Rudolph and he is a bust or only a backup or JAG quality QB, it WILL matter. Could one or more of Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold bust or wind up being only a backup? Yes, but it's highly unlikely. It may be likely that Rosen winds up out of the NFL in 2-3 years due to concussions, but it won't be for lack of talent and skill.

When you haven't made any serious attempt to address the most important position on the team since 2009, that's what you get. You HAVE to take chances (buy lottery tickets), and you have to do everything you can to increase your chances of getting one of the best prospects. In addition, those 3 are the best fits for the Jets' offensive system as it currently exists (some version of the WCO). With either Allen or Jackson, the Jets will more than likely have to make some serious changes to their offense/offensive philosophy, or they'll be trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Outside of those 3, Allen, and maybe Jackson, I don't think any other QB in the draft stands a realistic chance of becoming a quality starter.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

This part I disagree with. If all three didn't bust and became solid starters, this would be a pretty historic draft, on the level of 2004. Hey, it could be, but there are enough question marks surrounding each one to make it just as likely that only 1 of the 3 succeed. 2012 comes to mind, where the two most successful QBs results-wise were from round 3 (Nick Foles and Russell Wilson). Recently, Kirk Cousins has outperformed Luck and RGIII, mainly because Luck can't get onto the field (due to Colts not caring about OL protection). This year could be the exact same crap shoot.

Personally, I've warmed up to Mayfield, but there's definitely no consensus top pick this year. Whether that's because there's so much talent there compared to previous years remains to be seen. I honestly have no idea how to rank them as prospects compared to other draft QBs like Luck, the Mannings, Cam Newton etc.

stinkyB, Walt White and FJF like this.
  15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Good perspective. I still wanna see how this shakes out as we progress towards draft day. Lotta hype right now.

Cidusii likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

That's fine. I readily admit that I could be wrong, but for some reason, I think these three have a really good chance. They each have their drawbacks, but each has strong positives as well that could help them overcome those drawbacks and succeed. I think all three are pretty smart and have a desire to succeed.

Cidusii likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Okay just saw a clip of Rosen’s pro day. He shook Maccagnan’s hand. So the Jets brass were in the building.

Walt White likes this.
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Also of note, Rosen had his pro day outdoors which is out of the ordinary.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good to know he's interested.