Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's an option that he may be forced to take if things don't go well after the first few picks and he can't get above the 6 via trade. Saying he needs to trade up doesn't mean he automatically can. I believe he tried to trade up for Tunsil.
    There's always the chance he can nab a Chubb and target Jackson or Rudolph afterwards if his hand is forced that way and he feels good about one or both of them.
    Of course they'll be the obligatory mass hysterical meltdown in Jetland when the top 4 are gone. So that should be entertaining anyway. The kicker is it also buys Mac/Bowles time anyway prolly, and that's some serious salt on some peoples wounds, lol

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Idk who this dude is but

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Don't worry, you can always go to cbssports.com (and probably any other sports site loaded with "experts") to see them change their mock mock drafts every freakin day until then....

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

LMAO! If they draft Jackson, it would be typical Jets

5. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

This...if they don't, the off season has been a waste and the HC and GM need to be let go.

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I say B no way Macc trades any draft choices. He'll use them to give him more chances to mess up. He is always the BPA guy. You're right the Colts are the wildcard but now with Buffalo signing McCarron who are they targeting?

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Trading up, trading down all pipe dreams. Sure it's possible if you have a partner who is desperate for somebody still on the board when you pick assuming you aren't desperate for that player yourself. The same trading up, there has to be somebody you want that nobody else does.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  8. stinkyB

Hypothetically (since this is all hypothetical bullshit and smokescreens) what if they drafted Jackson.... because they were able to land Barkley?

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

His falls at 6 have been pretty good.

Now if he could just nail a few picks later in the draft we'd be ok. Something is wrong with the Jets scouting department. This is 3 regimes in a row that can't draft to save their life. You could argue that the only thing that has salvaged the recent Jets drafts is their willingness to take BPA on the 1st and the rest of the top 5 teams reaching for needs.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's really his only saving grace. Later rounds in the draft have a pepper of good play but most of them are invisible.

I guess not his only saving grace. His FA grabs have had a few positive results. He's definitely not Bradway.

Br4d likes this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Something went horribly wrong with Barkley from now until April 26th if he is there for us at 6.

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I think I'm at the point at this moment after the FA dust has settled that the Jets will sit at 6 and see what players fall to them, whomever they covet. The only other option is to trade down. I don't really believe that Mac would trade up and lose 2nd round picks to fill the needed positions.

13. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

This draft is so deep at RB - that may be the issue - but if he falls to 6 that would be interesting. Jets may have their phones ringing off the hooks.

14. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

Must trade up IMO. Mac lost the right to hold on to those picks by letting Bowles keep McCown in and winning meaningless games last year. Say goodbye to at least one second round pick our #1 next year and possibly another 2 or 3. No choice if he wants to keep his job. Next year will not be nearly as rich with QBs and we won't be picking #1 or #2.

15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about doing something like this back when the Bills had the two picks around #20. I'm not convinced anyone the Jets will have available to draft around #6 is really going to be the savior long term. I also like the idea of Quenton Nelson but if you made a deal like Rex says you could still draft Will Hernandez to help your offensive line more or less just as much and now NEXT season you'd have two shots at maybe getting Drew Lock. Who actually looks like he may be a savior.

I have a hard time believing the Jets decision makers aren't at least considering something along these lines. Maybe it gets rejected but I'm sure its at least an option they are thinking about.

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's not so much the draft scenarios, it's the same comments about them from the same people on every fucking thread.

17. stinkyB

Wrong like drafting Alex Smith #1 overall and watching Aaron Rodgers fall to #24 (or around there)?

abyzmul likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think anyone understands the draft.

Nobody.

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I don't believe this for a second. The Jets rarely leak information to the press under Mac and Bowles. Although, I could possibly see it being true because the Jets could go BPA with Chubb, Minkah, or Nelson at 6 and then use the 2 second round picks we have to move back up for Jackson.

EDIT: This guy is a beat writer for the Islanders so take it with a grain of salt LOL

LAJet likes this.
  20. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

I’m far from being a draft expert but if CBS Sportsline is right, the QBs are going to be gone when Buffalo gives away the store and the Jets will have nothing left at No. 6, if that is the case and Barkley is there then take him and run.
    Let’s face it not one QB is a can’t miss, all have a drawback whether it be seasoning, injury prone, bad last college season, head case, supposedly bad arm, get Barkley if he is there keep your picks and let a can’t miss running threat make a decent or better than decent QB ( possibly Bridgewater) Get through the year with a possibility of 9-7 with a couple of lucky breaks 10-6 and watching from week 12 on the graphic played not nonstop on TV playoff picture Jets are in the hunt.
    The way everyone is talking about these 5 or 6 QBs does anyone realize that Kuyper and the experts will have a new 5 or 6 QBs in the 2019 draft mentioned non stop starting in June 2018.
    Move up in Next years draft if you need one that bad due to it not working out this year.

jonnyd likes this.