Quincy Enunwa signs second-round tender

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 14, 2018.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Smart move by the Jets. Despite Enunwa's breakout 2016 campaign, no one is going to give him a long-term deal (especially one the Jets can't match themselves) after he missed the entire 2017 season due to a neck injury when they have to give up a 2nd round pick, as well as the money. This ensures he will be a Jet in 2018 and if he bounces back and is a similar, or better, version of his late 2015/2016 self, I'm sure the Jets will do right by him and give him a long-term deal before next season. He fits the mold of the type of player this regime wants and he's still young and will be seeking only his 2nd contract.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well said all around. Excited to see him back out on the field.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Just had a thought about Enunwa: Is it possible the Jets let ASJ walk because Quincy can play that role but much better?

The Jets already have some solid blocking tight ends. They added depth too. Pryor and Anderson work better as outside WR. Kearse can do either.

Could Enunwa line up inside like a TE and have Kearse and Anderson on the outside, or Anderson and Pryor, etc? I think that would be really tough to defend for defenses. I think this likely has to be part of the Jets' plan.

almbleamal and JetFanInPA like this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Having Enunwa and Pryor is like having two TEs on the field. They both should be a good red zone presence. Unlike many TEs Enunwa can actually block.

almbleamal and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think they're high on Leggett.

The Dark Knight and FJF like this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I really hope that he stays injury free for the duration of his career here, but that neck thing, NOT good. Neck surgery (cervical spine) ain't no joke.

If I were him? I would cash out and call it a day. Go Quincy just the same, and I wish you a gazillion TDs against the Cheats.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  7. jetophile

I would totally masturbate to that if I had a penis.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Who says you need a dong to masterbate? :O

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. jetophile

Mostly the Jets just turn me off, so it's a rough gig. Rats. :/

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

getting Enunwa back is the most under the radar thing that the Jets are going to get entering next year.

FJF likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Enunwa is a wide receiver, that gailey used him at te/hb when he was behind Marshall and decker does not make him one. He will be moved around a lot but he is a wr. With the potential to be elite

12. jetophile

Somewhat unrelated, but I just came across another NY Post clipping *caught cheating re: the Cheats in my Studio. The Super Bowl! That beloved yellow rag ran that asterisk all year as previously explained in another thread a few mos. ago. I was just going through some extraneous stuff and started shrieking. It's a crap photo, but hahaha. Screw the Cheats.

[​IMG]

Sam Hammer likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You don't have to have a penis to masturbate! ;)

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

I really appreciate Enunwa and hope he regains form. It'll be a misfortune if not. As a fan I'm willing to be patient with his overall production come 2018. Him just showing signs of life once on the field will be good enough for me because recovering from injury is a process. Kid was already an N.Y household name but imo was on the verge of becoming an NFL star. Just love the way he plays the game. We all do. The way he grinds while on the field. Works hard as a blocker. Puts the team before himself. Doesn't complain about touches. Fearless kid over the middle. And a humble one too. Reminds me so much of the likes of Coles, Chrebet & Cotchery. Some of my favorites imo true underdogs who rose to the occasion once their jersey number was called upon. If Enunwa re-gains and comes to form with either McCown, a QB from this years draft class or just imagine in preseason Teddy Bridgewater striking deep to Enunwa down the middle of the field; the type of script could write a movie after.