Bridgewater to sign with Jets (1 year deal per Mortensen)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RichardCaster, Mar 13, 2018.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Agree w this. People forget this kid is 25 a former first round pick who was on the rise before going down. There is nothing but upside here. It’s a 6m deal which becomes fully guaranteed if he’s on the opening day roster. The incentives are nearly unattainable but if he attains them god bless us.

They signed bridge as insurance entering the draft and camp. This is a perfectly sensible signing.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

So is Bridgewater, obviously people clamoring for Teddy never saw him play in Minnesota, there's a reason he was let go, and Cousin's is there QB

3. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Really?...I'm pretty sure there was a catastrophic injury involved in moving on from Teddy. I get why the Vikings moved on ....to many unknowns and they need to win now.

4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

At this point in their careers it wouldn't shock me if Bridgewater and Siemian would be about equal in terms of production if you had them start 16 games each and compare

5. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Semen is worse. Not even close.

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I want Mayfield. You saying it now doesn't mean that's what it is tho. It's still not clarified. We'll see. If Mac doesn't rate him that high I'll say right now he won't do that, but would take him at six. For all we know it could be Darnold and Rosen and Allen he likes anyway. Just because we like Mayfield doesn't make it automatic right now that he's gonna due that.

If he trades up it will be because of his convictions and that's a good thing. I'm not arguing that.

7. forevercursed

Even if he's healthy they still would take Cousins, Keenum, and Bradford all over Bridgewater. But yes the knee injury is what originally caused him to lose his job. They also had no intention of ever giving it back to him

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Cousins yes, I'd definitely take Cousins over Bridgewater. Bridgewater has more potential than Keenum, so he's a better fit here. For a team that's trying to win now Keenum is clearly the better choice. I don't know why anyone wants Bradford at this point, he's a walking injury wreck. The Cardinals were crazy to give him 20M.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. forevercursed

Bridgewater never had a big upside. He didn't when he was drafted and he didn't after his first two seasons. The guy basically played in a super safe offense where he was never asked to do too much because they knew he couldn't do too much

Where are the teams beating down the door for him? If Rodgers or Brees messed up their knee like that a few years ago, teams are still going to be falling over themselves trying to acquire them. Bridgewater had no serious suitors.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  10. forevercursed

Yea the injury concerns are extremely troubling for Bradford but when he's healthy he's above average. It's a big big chance they took that the modern day Chris Chandler doesn't fall apart

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's coming off his fourth major injury, he averages 10 starts a season, and the only time he was ever above average was with the Vikings in 2016.

12. forevercursed

He was above average for the Eagles in 2015 too. And pretty good for a weaponless team in 2012-2013. But what can the Cards do at this point I doubt they're crazy about him too. But they don't have a chance to draft any of the top qb's, never really in the Cousins sweepstakes. They have to go find a QB somewhere and talent wise he was the best of what was left. They didn't make a long term commitment to him

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Would have loved to have brought the 2015 version of Adrian Peterson and Norv Turner along with him here.

Spot on post, although he did have upside coming out of the draft. He was regarded as the best QB in the draft at one point in time.

We just have to take a QB at 6. Or move up for one. We cannot sit still with this guy, who hasn't stepped onto the field other than to throw an INT real quick at the end of 2017, in almost 3 years come Week 1 of 2018 and while we all like him as a person, McCown can't be relied upon either. We have to take a chance on a QB this year. We have to. We cannot have a QB depth chart of these 2 and Petty or Hackenberg. That would be a complete and utter disaster.

#453 MurrellMartin, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You couldn't be more wrong here. I am going to save myself some time and just give you a link to read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikings/comments/4fo3va/in_defense_of_teddy_bridgewater_oc/

You aren't a first round pick if you don't have upside lmao!

15. forevercursed

He had an upside. He never had a big upside. I will stand by that.

I've watched plenty of Bridgewater. He ran a simplified offense, does not have an arm that can push the ball downfield, and was absolutely protected/coddled with the intention of him not losing games. He doesn't put the ball into tight windows. His release and throwing motion is spotty. The ball flutters on him. He can't throw people open. He outright misses open guys (as in doesn't even notice them not just that he can't get the ball there)

Watch the games, don't just rely on write ups from Bridgewater fanboys. He had two unimpressive years and got seriously injured. Mentioning him with Brady in the same sentence is absurd. The Vikings have seen the absolute most of Bridgewater, he's healthy now, and they had absolutely no interest in him whatsoever. They went right to Cousins with no hesitation.

16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Play the 25 year old before the 50 year old Turd!

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He may still have it, if he's healthy. He is 25 years old. Sure, Teddy doesn't have the potential to be the league's best QB, but he is good enough that you can win with him and not in spite of him. Again, they ran a ball controlled offense and he didn't have to do much those first 2 years and they had AP and a good defense. His release and throwing motion is fine in comparison to a player like Cam Newton. He has awful mechanics. Teddy throws with excellent anticipation and accuracy. That was the book on him in college and the information I posted above shows the same thing. His skill-sets do mirror a little bit like Chad Pennington. Very smart QBs, with good pocket presence and footwork.

I've watched Bridgewater since his days at Louisville, and I watched him plenty with the Vikings, please do not tell me to watch his games lol. I scouted this kid on this message board. I think its you that hasn't watched him play because you said he has no upside, that is absolutely untrue. Do you not remember when he threw close to 300 yards and 2 TDs on the Jets, years back? Personally, I don't think you read one lick of that link.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The guy that called him Tiny-Hands Teddy is awesome.

Reminds me of Thomas Two-Yards.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Where’s jstokes?? lol

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm sure he's around, clicking the Like button on all of his old posts.