Suffer the little children.. American Style

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Any bets the GOP will try to raise the voting age to 21 now?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is complete bullshit.

This is complete bullshit.
    Shocking that the made up bullshit you posted and applied to conservatives is insane.

Show me where anyone said this.

74 and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I know when I went to buy a shotgun I had to wait for them to run a background check. Most people I know are fine with background checks, a major problem is people not doing their job which includes those doing the background checks and those entering information needed to do the background checks.

FJF likes this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

If most people are fine with it, then why are people still paying and voting for politicians who refuse common sense legistlation?

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

They voted for Trump, for crying out loud. Not once. Not twice. Throughout the entire Republican primary processes THEN the presidential election. Republican party is a train wreck now, but they didn't need to elevate Trump to the presidential candidate. AND THEY STILL DID.

P.S. Okay. Hillary might be the crooked politician that these Russian trolls were hollering about all along. Maybe.

But even so, she wouldn't:

1. pull out of Paris summit
    2. pull major heist in tax system just for the rich.
    3. promote hate crimes [look at the newspapers at early period of Trump's presidency]
    4. cut all kind of support for the poor and the needy [again, check the newspaper. Like HUD fiasco.]

Anyone who thinks [she is not much different from Trump anyway] really needs to get his/her head checked at a local hospital. Probably he/she is suffering from a severe form of mental retardation.

Still need more explanation?

P.S. Trump softened his stance against NRA. Like we all expected him to.

#25 Zach, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Cman68 likes this.
  6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Stop with the talking points. What common sense legislation are you talking about? About 80% of purchases undergo a background check, sure they could up that a little but you will never stop all private party purchases.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  7. Greenday4537

80% is pretty low when it comes to dealing weapons that were made for killing. I love target shooting but come on, that's why they are around. We need to stop allowing people to sell them without licenses and background checks in all 50 states. We need to do a better job of tracking sales. We need to be able to hold sellers responsible for constantly selling guns that are used in crimes. If the majority of guns sold by a shop are used for crimes, they need to be held accountable. Thanks to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, it's pretty hard to do. We need to unify laws in states so you can't purchase a gun in a neighboring state super easily then bring it back to your state which has tougher laws. Mandatory safety training. Restrictions in all 50 states on storage of guns and ammo to prevent accidents with children. Incentives to give up guns for those who shouldn't have them.

There's a lot we can do that doesn't actually hamper law-abiding citizens' second amendment rights but conservatives keep claiming nothing can be done.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Maybe, we should have stricter penalties for those dealing and carrying illegal guns. I mean if we are just playing catch and release with guys like Dontray Mills what’s the point of new laws?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tr...f-justice-plea-bargain-for-dontray-mills/amp/

The Waterboy likes this.
  9. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

What support has been cut for the poor and needy? Plenty of "poor" people seem to be living pretty good lives around me.

10. Greenday4537

I don't know for all 50 states, but in Rhode Island, if you give someone a gun (illegally) and they turn around and use it to murder someone, you can also be tried for that murder. I'd have to ask my wife about New Jersey with her being a prosecutor but Wisconsin doesn't have too strict of gun laws which just furthers the point of states needing to have universal laws.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

12. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

You are up in arms over "proposed" tax cuts?? You do realize that a majority of these items will never see fruition in their current form and will go under revision multiple times and come out as completely different changes when finally passed.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It wasn't proposed. It WAS cut. Housing support, domestic abuse support, all these things that the poor people needed have been cut. [I can't seem to find the link for it actually. I am still looking, so give it some time.]

14. Greenday4537

FYI, asked my wife, 100% going to be prison time in NJ.

15. FJF

that was a federal case under obama's presidency. 27 illegal firearms, running them into chicago for the gangbangers and he walks.make all the laws you want unless you are truly ready to put all offenders in prison for substantial parts of their lives , it will just make the illegal activity more lucrative, it won't stem the majority of gun violence, the stuff that happens every nite, the real scary stuff when you are hoping a bullet doesn't come thru your wall. the stuff the anti's should be up in arms about but aren't.

16. FJF

again, that was a federal case, the gov't(under the president you voted for) you want to protect you from the guns let the guy walk

17. Greenday4537

Well, it was a plea bargain and the judge (appointed by Bush, not Obama) decided the defendant was unlikely to ever recommit. So far, correct.

18. FJF

but there is no deterrent for the next guy. penalties are deterrents not just punishments.at least they should be. there should have been no plea, 15 year mandatory minimum if you get caught with a gun you shouldn't have. 20 year mandatory minimum selling guns illegally. 5 years if you are negligent in filing paper work that would have prevented a shooter from obtaining a weapon . no plea bargains, all the shit you are proposing has no teeth when they just plea shit out. the laws we have now are fine.enforce them better

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I always find it funny when people who are all about gun control start twisting themselves in pretzels with reasons not to be more strict on enforcement of existing laws. If the idea is really to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals how can you possibly not be for giving out harsh penalties for criminals who break the gun laws? It's almost like they have an ulterior motive.

20. Greenday4537

So, your argument is that we should waste the courts time, waste the prosecutors time, possibly waste a public defender's time, and spend a shitload of money throwing people in prison for decades even if it's been determined by professionals that there is very little chance they'll ever commit a crime again? I'm sure you are fine with donating a few extra percent of your yearly salary towards taxes for this specific purpose.