Bridgewater to sign with Jets (1 year deal per Mortensen)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RichardCaster, Mar 13, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I wish you made a thread on it

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Agreed...I think the bottom line is that He is theeee insurance policy if Mac cant move up and get the qb he wants. McCown is the backup if he gets the draft pick. I really do believe there is no doubt the Jets move up.

This nonsense every year of winning enough to NOT get that guy will never end. The Jets spend a ton of money this year and we win just enough to NOT get that guy. It ends this year...because if it doesn't happen this year, with the load of draft picks to trade...it will not happen next year..and MAC is gone anyway. It will happen this year.

Some will bitch we gave up too much...but its happening

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hasn't he started enough garbage troll threads already?

Jets69 likes this.
  4. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

To late for the jets lol. Seimian is traded! To the Vikings.

NCJetsfan and CBG like this.
  5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I’m with that, man. Time to go and draft QB1. If we have to trade up to get him then let’s go all in. No more half measures.

Brook! and jaywayne12 like this.
  6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

McCown has said he'd be fine tutoring a rookie QB to eventually take over. I have no issue with them promising the starting job to him. He knows he won't have the job for long and he's fine with it.

What the Jets really want is the rookie QB they bring in to light things up and win the starting job outright. Then they'll have no problems going back on that promise. They are absolutely drafting a QB in the first round. Pay no mind to the mindless mocks that don't have them moving into the top 3. They are and they're getting Mayfield or Darnold.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

one more can't hurt ;)

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I hope so, but until I see it, I have my doubts that Mac is willing to take the risk and move up. I do agree that the QB situation will work itself out one way or another. Last year, neither Petty nor Hack showed that they should be the starter over McCown. Maybe it'll be different this year. :D

Red Menace, NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  9. forevercursed

How much money will Siemian make in 2018 vs. Bridgewater? (honestly I don't even know)

Both Siemian and Bridgewater will end up backups who (hopefully) barely see the field in 2018.

Depends on what kind of pick went back to Denver for Siemian. I would've been fine with Trevor here over Bridgewater if it meant cap savings and just some low pick.

10. forevercursed

Yea but to make the full 15 million he's probably gotta be starting a divisional home playoff game for us or something far fetched

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The Tedy move is a prospective move. It's a gamble on the future with the hope of scoring on a QB talent. McCown is short term stability. They're gonna draft a QB. If Tedy blossoms all the better. Not sure if they have the goods to go get Darnold but Baker may very well fall right into their laps.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. forevercursed

They can absolutely get the guy they covet. Browns are open to trading 1 and 4 and the Colts are open to trading 3. I don't think you can really take a chance that they guy they want falls into their laps. It could happen but generally we're not that blessed. Gotta move up and get Mayfield or Darnold. Ante up this year

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Are the Browns really open to trading the top pick? They can get the potential franchise changing player of their choice with that selection.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Okay. If that's who they really love. Just not sure how they move up. I'm still waiting to see how they all rate. I'm not convinced that all four are going that high anyway. I think Allen and Mayfield could slide a few spots. Also, I question that Mac will over pay if he doesn't have the guy rated that high, but will take him at the 6th pick.
    Lot to be gleaned yet how this will go down. If he goes for a guy up top with a trade he loves him. But he will pay dearly. We'll see.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. forevercursed

Allen I think has the best chance to slide out of the top 6. Mayfield I think is definitely gone by 6 so they'll have to go up and get him.

This is one of those years where Mac won't be crucified for paying dearly. We'll probably be saying goodbye to next years 1st, one of our 2nds this year...and more. Not sure what that more will be.

westiedog1 likes this.
  16. forevercursed

But they also have the 4th pick and if they trade with us, they'd get the 6th pick too. Maybe Allen is the Browns guy and they can grab him at 4, grab another great player at 6, then have our 1st rounder in 2019 and our 2nd in 2018. They'd do it.

17. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

It would have been a shrewed move. Siemian can fill the same role as Bridgewater with a minimal cap hit and an extra year of control.

Jets69 likes this.
  18. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Hell no. Trevor Semen is beyond terrible

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Bridgewater big upside..Siemian zero upside

Bridgewater might never return to form (and more) but Siemian has the talent of a backup and will never be anything more...might as well go with the low risk, high reward option

Not sure why anyone is against Bridgewater

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Mccown was not promised a starting spot. He was told he’s the starter entering camp. Not a big deal. And the media removed the context.

Brook! likes this.