Jets sign Isaiah Crowell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 13, 2018.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What a douche. Fuck him.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  2. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I tell ya what, if some how Ronald Jones is in their laps late second , early 3rd rd, how can you not pass him up?

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If we can get past the fact that 95% of NFL players are douchebags this is a pretty good signing and fits nicely with Powell.

LAJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. I like the move tweet aside.He fits the rotation..much better than Darkwa from the Giants although for all we know he’s next to sign

5. dogg

dogg Member

That's what we are...the team throwing blank checks at Cleveland castoffs.

6. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

He made a mistake and learned from it. Decent pickup. Hope he does well for gang green.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

People need to lighten the fuck up. I respect the stand against his blatant stupidity or should I say ignorance about human life, but so much of it is background induced. He made a mistake, he paid and learn from it. What I hate is the idiotic criticism that his skill is not there. Averaging over 4 yards a carry behind a putrid team, and making our running game younger by a bunch, that was smart. Forte was simply out of gas. See nothing wrong with this move. Now can we please stop assuming that we are not going to draft a RB because of it. That is simply a worthless supposition. We will not loose one yard and probably gain many by replacing him for Forte.
    Gee wheeze. Some of you are indirectly already criticizing the draft before it even fucking occurred. I think you are secretly drafting the next " oh my God what the .....is this move" fill in the blank before it even occurred.

Mogriffjr and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I’m glad my employer doesn’t hold me accountable for all the stupid things that i posted on social media when I was in my 20s.

From a scheme standpoint, he fits in real well with Powell and McGuire. Our running game was best when Ivory and Powell were able to balance each other.

NCJetsfan and Walt White like this.
  9. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

I cringe at a lot of stuff I posted from 18-23 when it pops up on this day on Facebook.

We all make mistakes. Even the best of us.

when the president gets away with calling people a SOB on national T.V. how can we hold 20year olds to their social actions when people in more important jobs are not held to theirs or expected to behave to their station.

However I hope that Crowell has apologised profusely for that picture

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Okay did some digging on Crowell, and I like this signing as well. Per PFF, Crowell was the 2nd best RB in breakaway % since 2015. 1st was McCoy, Crowell was 2nd, 3rd was Tevin Coleman and 4th was Ajayi....so he has potential of breaking big runs with the best of them.

2nd, Crowell voiced displeasure with the Browns lack of sticking with the run (sound familiar?) during the season...so he's coming to a more run oriented team. He's rather durable (hasn't missed a game in the NFL). Looks like he's the workhorse the Jets have been looking for. I also like to mention that the Browns were mostly down in games (I mean 0-16, hello??) so Duke Johnson got a lot of time as the 3rd down back, and the back they used when they were down in every single game. Duke had 70+ receptions and is a bit faster and better receiver then Crowell.

Back in 2016, Crowell rushed 952 yards (4.8 ypc) and 7 TD's, while catching 40 balls for 319 yards...so he's capable of catching the ball out of the backfield.

Last year as mentioned, he rushed for 853 yards (4.1 ypc) and 2 TD's while catching 28 balls for 182 yards.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

You know the way this (probably doomed) ship seems to be heading now all of a sudden I'm almost thinking the Jets ought to just really go for beefing up the offensive line (Nelson?) and trying to pound out first downs with Crowell, Powell and whatever RB they are able to pick up in Rnd 2.

We lost Kirk Cousins, didn't get Robinson, obviously aren't going to have a dynamic passing attack relative to the rest of the league and our coach kind of leans in the conservative running game direction anyway.

That has been borderline proven to be the way to NOT win in the NFL lately.... but I guess at this point you almost have to try to be an exception given the cards we've been dealt.

12. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Was pretty meh on his signing but this brought me fully on board.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

There's this 1 qb who has the dopest highlights on YouTube. You've probably never heard of him, but we should look into him. His name is Geno Smith.

Btw, that was a Raven, not a crow. It was used for the wrestler Raven.

14. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

This wasn’t made or posted in earnest. Lighten up, man.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Sorry dude hard to tell context when reading, and I've had some drinks.

Brandon Moore's Butt likes this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

50 plus years of Jets football will do that. They play only 16 games so not a lot of wiggle room Mo for nonsense. But the Jets right now are hopeless and have been since Parcells left town. Expecting them to be a playoff contender is alot to asked. We still have Bowles and we still have Rodgers so we aren't stopping any good teams from scoring.

17. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Crowell is OK. He's a rotational player. An upgrade from 90 year old Matt Forte running straight up the middle and falling forward for 2 yards, for sure, but he isn't going to be a game changer for this offense. A nice piece. Their interest in McKinnon, who just signed with San Francisco, shows how they view their backs - no one is a feature back.

18. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He’s a good player...I’m totally against the cop picture tweet obviously but I’m over it, shit happens

He’s apologized and worked with cops I believe since then

Solid RB combo

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

RBBC is the new fad. Crowell and Powell/McGuire are a perfect combo, although I’d have rather gone with a guy like Chubb as the bruiser.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  20. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    that video reminded me of this immediately