Anyone Wants To Wake Up Our GM?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Mar 13, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm concerned about every QB that is better than what we have signing somewhere.

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Sky isn’t falling fellas.

The one thing I like about this staff is that they keep things close to the vest with no leaks!

Once they sign Kirk, Mac will start to make trades. If they don’t sign Kirk then they need the picks to make moves at the draft.

In the end I personally think we will sign Kirk, trade for a wr (M Bryant/D Bryant) and either trade or draft a RB.

3. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

This is all Mac’s style. He doesn’t like making splash. Unfortunately, it leaves anyone who’s neither a player nor an agent out in the dark. It could be that Mac hasn’t done anything. Or it could be that he’s already got deals in place, but won’t announce them till FA officially starts.

So it’s still a couple days too early to panic. I’d be nervous if the Jets haven’t traded/signed anyone or acquired draft picks by EOB Friday.

4. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

I get that with the cap space people want to see signings, but as good a player as Robinson is, WR (with Enunwa coming back) is actually I think one of the positions that least needs help. We are desperate at corner, QB, pass rush and OL and I personally would much rather see us use it for the right areas.

Way to go yet I don't think the sky is falling in just yet

Now if Cousins doesn't sign and they get leapfrogged in the draft, then the sky is falling in

5. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Just purged the roster and will build through the draft (hopefully). And dont 'reach' (trade up) for one of the so called franchise Qbs.

I would prefer to trade back preferably.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If we don’t get a top center then I will get pissed. I did not want one player that has signed. Besides it’s all about the qb anyway

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I said this in the other thread, but again, were Robinson or Watkins realistically going to sign here? Or Norwell? And would people have been happy with Case Keenum???

Way too early for the sky to fall. I want them to make a few significant signings, but do want this offseason to be more about the draft

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I just want O-line and kearse back at this point.. wish ASJ could've stayed...

I have faith that Demario Davis will stay.

I also wouldnt mind if Ealy stayed

nicg4360 likes this.
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The only signing that I really wanted was perhaps Norwell and Robinson. Now, it's ok that we sat out the first few moves, but with 90 mil in cap, if we don't sign Cousins, this board and the New York media scene is going to be a shit show.

boozer32 likes this.
  10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah. The Jets may have to bury money in their backyard like Escobar.

Red Menace and grkmanga31 like this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This board is a shit show no matter what we do. There are over reactions and trolls on every side of every headline. Its best to jsut sit back and enjoy the show.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yes because it typically does fall ....nothing ever goes right for us.

boozer32 likes this.
  13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Its a very similar chart value.

In the top three rounds the Bills have picks 12, 22, 53, 56, 65 for a total of 2955 points (almost the value of #1 over all)

The Jets own picks 6, 37, 49, 72 for a total of 2770.

Pick #3 is valued at 2200.

So the Bills have more ammo this year to over pay for a top 3 pick if they desire to do so.

I fear more that they stay put and rebuild the right way with a ton of good cheap young players.

14. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Lol, agreed. The hot takes are going to fly regardless, but I gotta say, I'm going to be crushed if we miss on Cousins and proceed to miss on a bunch of other FA's.

Talk about an epic failure if we miss on Cousins, fail to make any significant free agent signings, and proceed to allow the Bills to trade up into the top 5 and have us not take a QB. Macc and Bowles would be run out of town

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We lead the league in cap space yet we haven't made a move ....not even any news about us doing anything but bringing in a guy from the Cowboys scrap heap for a visit...

JetLifeLo likes this.
  16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

No, the sky isn't falling, but I was hoping the Jets would get aggressive with either bolstering the Oline (Norwell) or adding a playmaker (Robinson/Watkins) to help a rookie QB or Cousins. If all the Jets do is add Cousins, the whole regime could be in trouble.

As much as I hate Bowles, I don't think it would be good for the Jets to fall completely on their faces. Especially after signing Cousins.

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmao who was that guy? I don't want any no names from a shitty defense. Sometimes I don't think Mac realizes he's the GM of a NEW YORK team.

boozer32 likes this.
  18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I believe he was referring to LB Anthony Hitchens

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

$16M APY with $30 fully guaranteed is ridiculous for a guy with little production and who can’t stay healthy. Why anyone would’ve wanted Watkins at that is beyond me.

$14M for Robinson I would’ve signed up for in a heartbeat.

Harpua likes this.
  20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm upset we missed out on ARob. Wonder if the Jets even got a phone call in with him.

Big Cat likes this.