I have diabetes.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 24, 2017.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Why is it that the things we like always end up being bad for us?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are ok man...Like you I have grown up on these forums. Please continue to monitor your health and avoid sugary things. Natural sugars like fruits are okay but youll learn they pack alot of sugar too...but still a smoothie is better then soda. I also think you should avoid any sweetners as they are just as bad for coffee.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Time to bring broccoli and celery to the tailgate fellas!

Also beers are hard to consume as they are packed with sugars and so bad for us...Sadly the Jets cause alot of us to drink our misery away.

4. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Jersey born and bred bro! Maybe i will get you some history books that were not written from a pro American perspective. Or i could just have you speak to some of my professors. If thats too much just listen to Public Enemy, Bob Marley, or read the last speeches of MLK before your uncle murdered him.
    And by the way...that goat would come in handy if you give me those 40 acres and a mule you still owe me.

5. fansince90

You dont live my life. Your grand parents didnt drink out of Negro only water fountains. My great grandparents witnessed/experienced things you may not even be aware of.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U know this thread is quite important to those who have the disease.I'm sure U R aware that the disease strikes both races equally it does make choice between the races. How ever it appears U R turning this thread into a racial thread which was not the intent of the maker of the thread. I suggest U contact the mod & start a new thread concerning racial problems in this country & have the mod made a sticky for that subject as well

7. fansince90

U didnt read what i was replying to. Someone made an insensitive, ignorant comment and then said he was only kidding. What a B.S. excuse used by so many racists when theyre called out!

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

9. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Dude I feel you. I am type 2 I found out after working a 80+ week then doing a software deployment over seas then flying home for oral surgery and felt like crap. I went to the er after going for blood work and not feeling better. My blood sugar was over 600 (stress related and turns out it is hereditary). Turns out in talking with my parents every male member of my father's family is a type 2 diabetic.
    While scary I did change the way I live, I drink less (quit smoking a few yrs before) eat better.

10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'm very happy to hear you've got your illness under control and sharing your experience. I know what it's like to be told you have a potentially deadly disease. In my case it was cancer, but I've been cancer free for many years thanks to state-of-the-art medical care I received. It is also the reason I advocate that everyone in this great country should have access to high quality medical care.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

strongest son of a bitch I've ever seen

jetophile likes this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've been very busy as of late but i wanted to thank you all for these posts. Means a lot and very appreciative of the information and knowledge that's been shared throughout this thread. I'm doing awesome and feel better than ever. Every morning my blood sugar is between 122-133. I workout doing cardio exercises for 45 minutes M-F after work and have completely changed the ways i eat & eliminated those sugars and high carbs. I also go for a late night swim with my wife and daughter before bed (the perks of living in Florida lol). Thnx you all this thread has been good for me to read through.

Brook!, westiedog1 and RPOZ51 like this.
  13. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Wow just reading this. Wish you all the best buddy. Glad you were able to catch it when you did and are making positive changes to turn your life around.

14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

That is a very inspirational testimonial! Good luck, man. Thanks for sharing! May our Lord God watch over you and yours always!

westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did his legs fall off yet?

74 likes this.
  17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Did you fall off the face of the Earth yet?

[Where the hell have you been all this time? :D]

18. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I was in the hospital a couple of weeks after fracturing my thigh bone. The guy in the room with me had just had his foot amputated due to neuropathy. He didn't stop smoking and eating badly even though he was diagnosed with diabetes years ago like you. And even in the hospital, his family brought him KFC.

Your biggest challenge will be to give up unhealthy food and behaviors.I recommend you go 100% healthy eating. Learn to love the taste of clean healthy food. If you stick to it you'll be disgusted by the sight of greasy and sugary foods. Good luck.

Brook!, NY Jets68 and westiedog1 like this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Just wanted to thank you all for all of your kind words wisdom and knowledge about diabetes and to also give you a quick update. My health has been and is better than it's ever been because I realize that knowledge is power.

I've completely stayed away from sugars and every morning even though I have type 2 diabetes I thank God when I see my blood sugar levels are between 121,128 etc sometimes 132 at the highest. Going from 448, in my opinion that's a miracle and that's why I say that knowledge is power. Now that i know, I can actually live until I'm in my seventies and eighties and hopefully 90s due to the fact that I'm now educated enough to eat healthy and live better.

So I really do thank all of you on here for giving me hope, strength and support after I told everybody what happened to me. I appreciate that.

What I've learned about life throughout this whole ordeal, most importantly; is to always tell your loved ones every single day and and to remind them every chance you get that you love them. When I was in the hospital for the first time ever I was scared with IV's in my body for the 1st time ever. I was worried. And when I see my wife her mom my daughter in the room with me on my bedside etc I always knew they loved me I always knew I had a family but right then and there I realized that I have to eliminate the sugars from my life, eat right, begin to exercise and live for them. As I seen in the hospital as they live from me.

I'm glad our Jets have yet to win a Superbowl because 2017 my life changed forever and when we finally do win the big one and when we finally do go to the big dance and win our first Super Bowl since 1969? I hope that all of us are with our loved ones and celebrating the right way.

#99 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Real happy to hear you're doing better. Keep it up.