Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Agreed but he has the skills to be a damn good QB in this league. I am not saying back up the truck for him, but a 2 year team friendly deal will not hurt in the slightest.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Jay Bizniss

Nobody in their right mind is giving Robinson a long term deal coming off a big injury. If he doesn't take one, he will be sitting at home come September.

With the right mind and right pieces around Bridgewater, there is no reason he can't be a top 15 guy in the league. He is only 25. Remember we could get Teddy and also draft a QB. I am not saying he has to be our only choice.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't think he's going to get a longterm deal, but he will absolutely get better offers than a one year "prove it" deal. Alshon got those offers too, but he chose the deal he chose knowing that he can work his way into a nice longterm deal. Robinson doesn't have that luxury because he has no clue how his body will respond. So he kinda can't bet on himself but he also won't get the big money big year deal. Seems like the perfect time to offer 3 years with incentive-based triggers.

4. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I'd sign up for Robinson, Bridgewater (still draft a QB at 6) and shore up the O-line throughout FA

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Jay Bizniss

3 year deal with an out after year 2 sounds good to me.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How is it not the worst plan? Teddy still limps. When he played last season, he supposedly played poorly. If he plays poorly here or still isn't healthy, that leaves McCown and Hack, and still leaves the Jets with no future at QB. IMO that plan should get Mac fired immediately. IMO he either has to sign Cousins or either re-sign McCown or sign another vet like Teddy AND draft one of the top 5 QB prospects (Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, & Jackson). Anything else would be a disaster and Mac should get fired.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He may prefer SF because they have the best QB and HC, but the Jets could give him the most money.

9. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I saw a few people suggest maybe the Bridgewater/McCown report is a smokescreen. A smokescreen to what? The draft isn't until late April, well after free agency and when Bridgewater would be signed.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wonder if the Jets could still lure him despite having a much more uncertain QB situation than the other teams

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

$ talks, but if I'm ARob I'm going to San Fran over the Jets TBH. Unless of course Kirk is signed right away.

Goddamn, Kirk is going to dictate SO much depending on where he goes. It's amazing to think about.

12. I'm sure you wanna go OL & likely Nelson..which is a whole other discussion. But unless Barkely slips what other offensive option is there at 6 other than one of the QB's slipping or the guard? Trading down makes a ton of sense but are they really gonna go in that direction? You don't have to like it or agree with it but there is more than enough sound reasoning & logic behind taking a QB when you look at the whole situation.

For one many believe QB IS the place to start the process of building an offense. The QBs playing style dictates the pieces you put around him which makes filling in the blanks alot easier. Beyond that the QB allows you to utilize free agency to a much fuller extent b.c many offensive free agents will not go to a team unless they are drastically overpaid or there is a QB in place. The draft is not the long term proposition it once was. Many positional players are bound to move on within 4-6 years for financial or other reasons.FQB is an exception. Drafting and hitting on an early round QB gives a franchise a chance for continuity,productivity & flexibility in a number of different aspects. Thats before considering where this team is currently at,where they've been historically at the position & the QB rich draft thats before them.

The one place the Jets have historically been able to nab premium offensive talent is at OL. It stands to reason if Cousins goes elsewhere we could easily land Norwell, Robinson & Jensen/Richburg. Additionally if the Jets are able to stay at 6 OR somehow keep one of the 2nd rounders after a trade up..that area of the 2nd round is going to be a sweet spot for offensive talent. RBs,WRs,even OL. It's not as if there aren't options tfor the Jets to improve a surrounding cast around a rookie QB.

I understand & respect that there are other ideas & methods to rebuilding an offense..but let's not act like the premise is somehow short sighted or severely flawed.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

sammy watkins wont be tagged, either

14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Whose better Watkins or Robinson?

15. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Robinson is coming off a major knee injury

Watkins is always banged up

pick your poison

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Robinson by far. He's a true number 1, and guys get over early season acl tears easily now days. I think we should go after him.

NCJetsfan, grkmanga31 and almbleamal like this.
  17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s by far. I prefer Robinson too buts he’s only had one good season and is coming off a big injury. I would say Sammy has more talent but for one reason or another hasn’t put it all together. If he ever does, look out.

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If we can't sign Kirk, I'd go all in on getting Robinson here. He can truly elevate our WR group and with Enunwa coming back, it could be real good. No matter who's behind center, a WR like Robinson is a huge boost

19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I doubt we can sign either of them without Kirk. Money talks but a WR especially needs to know he will be able to put up #s for future contracts. Those guys will have options, they will want to go to a team with a good QB

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

How the hell is Allen Robinson only 24 years old?