Rockinz Jets Mock 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Ok fellas here it is! We still got a long way to go with free agency around the corner but the combine has my football juices flowing!

Here is a mock of what I would like see the Jets do.

1. Browns - Barkley RB
    2. Browns* - Darnold QB
    3. Colts - Chubb DE
    4. Giants* - Nelson G
    5. Broncos - Rosen QB

6. Jets - Josh Allen QB
    This kid is going to be special. He has all the measurables, skills and drive to win. I saw at the combine how accurate he was especially on deep balls. The kid was throwing 70-80 yard passes on a dime hitting the receiver in stride. He also comes from a pro style offence and that will only help him be on the field day 1.

2a. DJ Chark WR
    By drafting Allen we need to get him someone who can take to top off a D and build a repor with him. DJ is fast and has nice size. He kinda reminds me of M Bryant.

2b. Anthony Averett CB
    Nice cover corner with solid size and speed. I hope he will still be there by 2b but there is a chance he’s gone...

3. Rashaad Penny RB
    Even Mayock admits he has this kid ranked too low and underestimates him. Penny is the full package and it’s perfect that Barkley and a few others are getting all the hype so we can snag him in the 3rd round.

4. Geron Christian OT
    He can play both RT and LT. Totally underrated for how good he is in run blocking. Would be a great BPA pick in the 4th.

5. Chris Campbell CB
    The kid can play but didn’t have a stand out combine. On the field he used his instincts to his advantage. I think he can become a starter.

6. John Atkins DT
    What would a Jets draft be without a DT?! Atkins is a solid try hard player. He’s big, strong, wide and is good at run D.

7. Matthew Thomas OLB
    I’m going to finish it off with a boom or bust pick. If he can put on a few more pounds and trust his eyes more he could become a starter.

westiedog1, FJF and BacktoQueens like this.
  2. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

Allen is not a year 1 starter. He needs tons of work on short-to-intermediate accuracy, as well as pre-snap reads and adjustments. His IQ is also so-so according to FO reports so he needs time in the classroom to learn the mental aspects of playing the game. Clark is good but there is going to be players of similar value at more dire positions of need available that will preclude us from going WR at that spot. Averett has been known to be extremely adverse to contact, and doesn't play up to his ability. Again I'd believe we'd have other CB's higher on our board at this spot. Penny I like and would not mind at all if he came to our team in Round 3. He'd be an excellent complement to Powell and Maguire. The rest I'm not going to nitpick as 4-7 is a crapshoot and really as long as they fill out depth at certain spots we'll be fine..

#2 Dsmiles13, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Is Chark the real deal or a combine warrior?
    I don't know much about him other than crazy speed and a cool name.

Would love to see some Oline emphasis in rounds 2 or 3, or Chubb in round 2, but overall I'd like it as I believe Allen is going to be good after some seasoning.

Rockinz likes this.
  4. Rockinz

Chark was a track guy so he could be an OBJ type or a bust. I like fast WRs especially from LSU. I think he’s worth a 2nd all day. The combine might of moved him into the first round though

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Projected to be a decent pro. Inconsistent QB play hurt him in college.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

good effort.

Rockinz likes this.
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I stopped reading after "I saw at the combine"

Watch his tape.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

If it fell like that, I'd much rather see the Jets take Mayfield over Allen.

9. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Chark was the star of the Senior Bowl as well. Lauletta won MVP but his (and Mike White's) success owes a lot to Chark being nearly uncoverable.

themorey likes this.
  10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Allen is the worst QB in the draft. With that said he's exactly who the Jets would take. We will would be in for more losing seasons.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Just don't want to take a chance on Allen. Going back to JUCO, this guy never completed more than like 56% of his passes. Agree that he is who I fear the Jets will take... I would feel less bad about drafting him if they also sign Teddy Bridgewater. Still, I'd be glad to take a chance on any of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield at 6.

Otherwise seems good. Clark would be an exciting pickup. I'm guessing OL is well-addressed in free agency

12. Rockinz

Allen is the best QB in the draft. 2 years from now you will see what I see in him. He’s Dan Marino 2.0 and if we pass on him it will haunt us the same way it did when we passed on Marino.

You can’t teach the talent he has

13. Rockinz

If you can’t take a chance on a 6’5” pro style QB with the biggest arm possibly ever. Who can you take a chance on???

FJF and BacktoQueens like this.
  14. JetFanInPA

A QB with a track record of success

15. BacktoQueens

How are you defining success? Rosen and Darnold had terrible seasons, one terrible bowl appearance, and one no show bowl 'appearance'.

16. JetFanInPA

Good point, but terrible is a stretch. Somewhat disappointing maybe. With Allen it's the lack of accuracy and inconsistency that concerns me most.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

Especially one with crazy athleticism, that extends plays, plays well in the elements, and has excellent character and leadership traits.

That's where I'd take the chance...

Sam Hammer likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

Didn't UCLA go 0-6 on the road? that is only somewhat disappointing?
    USC wasn't quite as bad, but for all the hype about Darnold it fell well short......especially getting romped like that in their bowl appearance.

Allen is inconsistent yes, and he will need a learning period imo before taking the field.
    He was also playing on a terrible team in college, and it's not like he has mechanical issues with his throwing motion.
    He often played under Center and his footwork isn't bad dropping back either. He was constantly under pressure though which I believe was a big part of his footwork inconsistency. I believe that can be improved. He'll never be Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins with accuracy, but he can be accurate enough while being dangerous in both short yardage and long field situations.

#18 BacktoQueens, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Somebody that's more accurate. We already have a rocket arm on the roster, his name is Hackenburg. I don't think it makes sense to bring in 2 of the same type of player. Bring in Rosen/Mayfield, then we can battle in camp with accuracy vs brute strength and see who wins. Supposedly Hackenburg made some improvements over the off season, but I'll believe it when I see it.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He's more Ryan Leaf than Dan Marino. Marino was a stud Day 1 in college. He just had a coke habit towards the end of college. That is why he dropped and that is why the Jets passed on him. Allen accuracy is terrible and we already have an inaccurate QB on the roster in Hackenberg. Allen also played in a weak conference and still sucked. Unlike Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold who played against top teams. But like I said watch the Jets and Maccagnan take him anyway. The guy is a scrub.