Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wednesday looking like a hit,,,,,,battle stations battle stations,,,,,,we have another one to watch!!!!

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

up at this ridiculous hour so I'm looking at model runs n maps,,,,,,,good looking setup 4 days out,,,,,close to the benchmark and cooler air to work with than the last system----but I'm still a novice what do I know ---battle stations ----this is not a drill !!!

Brook! and FJF like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Current situation, running around frantically looking for a belt for the blower.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay,,,,was a wee bit concerned about you keep the updates coming on your situation,,u get power back yet ? Hope so.......Wednseday needs be watched and theres another one that needs be watched 8 days away,,,,,,,,then it probably all ends, Hope u are hanging in there Fjay, ps let me know the make and model and I will see what I can find if anything,,,auger or drive info please

FJF likes this.
  5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Wednesday system much different than last system...very tight core center and its all about track whether its a snow event...or snow to mix back to snow.

Because its so tight...so is the output. A more east track over the ocean would produce all snow...but less of it. A more tighter track to the coast would produce more precip....but mixing WILL be an issue for those within 30 or 40 miles to the coast. Right now NWS is going with 3 to 6...but that could change. Pretty strong storm that could be even more powerful. Looks like heaviest precip is last Wednesday morning til late evening but could stayed scattered through very early Thursday morning.

Then you have the latest GFS run (below link) that is getting close the latest NAM run (below link) and if both of these happen...all hell breaks loose....AGAIN

GFS: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2018030418/gfs_asnow_neus_16.png

NAM: http://forums.accuweather.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=350694

Regardless....a powerful little guy.

CBG likes this.
  6. FJF

Everything is moved, power restored. Tv/internet both rescheduled for tomorrow. Found a belt hopefully install that tomorrow. What a rough few days it’s been .
    checked the gfs at noon. That’s a good set up for Wednesday for sure. 4-8 possible for most.

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

gotta admit I love when the caped crusader makes these appearances ---keep em coming Jayster

FJF likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

go relax--youve earned it

Brook! and FJF like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Still time models will probably still go back and forth,,,,,but right now many have this in there sites. Funny how the Euro seems to be more east then others again and kind of on its own , it appears that it was similar with past storms this winter, too far east . PS storm still there and real close to the benchmark-----how you like me now-----Thoughts ?

FJF likes this.
  10. FJF

Wsw has been issued for Wednesday to Thursday

Brook! likes this.
  11. jaywayne12

holy man...models have gone nuts...and I mean nuts..checking it out now

Brook! and CBG like this.
  12. jaywayne12

quick look and they are pretty consistent...even EURO hopped on board.

West of NYC/LI....6-12..with some showing over a foot...and I would go on the higher side ..IF..IF..IF...there is no mixing...no mixing? A foot....minimum.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

there's going to be mixing

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay I am having a tough time figuring out South Jersey,,,,Im guesstimating 3 -6 in South Jersey,,,,,,,,,, more or less ? Im talking near the beach and also Freehold area

#12434 CBG, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Weather.com says 5-8 inches for Madison for Wednesday. Snow day I guess. Nice!

CBG likes this.
  16. jaywayne12

AS GG mentioned above....closer to the coast will have mixing issues but Freehold is off the coast...so that will be a tough call. Again, track will determine whether the mixing is an issue or nonexistent. This very close to the coast track seems to be getting closer to a consensus which would mean mixing. Hell, you could have areas right on the coast that are mostly rain.

But..struggling with that scenario. I truly don't believe that will play out. The NAM is on fire lately and it wants to put almost all snow to the coast except parts of L.I. Tough call.

Also...strong intensity like the last storm will provide a colder pool to play with. Unlike that last storm, this one does actually have a cold source to feed off of. Too many things coming into play to eliminate a mostly all snow event for many.

Tell you what...looking at the setup and features of this storm...I just wonder if this one will take baby steps to continue growing numbers over the next 24 hours. Believe the big numbers are already there...except I believe all the 5-10...6-12 talk is only because mixing issues. Some models want to give about a 4 hour period during the day Wednesday where its rain and snow. If that is correct...yeah...6-9..if its not correct...and you get just a brief period of sleet mixing in? A foot plus for a decent amount of people.

Freehold is more likely to have major issues than P.P. but again...the track...the track.

Unlike the last storm..with this storm...snow lovers want the track to be 20 to 50 miles more off the coast than some models have it...which I believe is more likely.

Brook!, jilozzo and CBG like this.
  17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

First of all, when did you get back dude???????????????/ Aweome to see you posting...however, youre talking about this snow bullshit????? How am I looking?

18. jaywayne12

jonnnyd!!!...wow..miss you bud...will update in a bit

jonnyd likes this.
  19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Accuweather saying an inch at most for me. Can't wait for warm weather. I'd rather be tracking hurricanes.

20. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

So Long Island is the tough nut to crack on this eh? If what I've been taught here is correct, this is a classic Miller B storm and working at a school these snow totals are very important to me....please bring good news.