Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

further North ,,,,I hear they get more snow up the street lol

FJF likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

THAR SHE BLOWS! A GALE IN YE FUTURE!

[​IMG]

xxedge72x and CBG like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

stinkyB

What are we looking at? Translation please. :)

4. stinkyB

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stinky and others the weekend is still up in the air but depending on what happens next Tuesday or Wednesday could be interesting

6. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Europe about to be slammed from a siberian front

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NOTHIN IS OVER UNTIL WE SAY ITS OVER,,,models moving back and forth,,,,time will tell

8. stinkyB

Yep..... I have a project deadline due on monday, so I just hope it doesnt come together then... I'm free to play hooky for the 2 days after and chase swell...
    Guy I do work for just gave me an unannounced deadline for another bi-annnual project we do for friday.... "I'll be out of town tuesday and wednesday"... "WHAT? you just got back from Hawaii!?!"... "Yes I did" :D

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Go get em Stinky!!!!

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

well,,,,,,,still very interesting,,models looked colder today,,,,,hmmmmm,,,,,,lets see what late night stuff says. BTW one model says nothing another says downpour and another says snow,,,,,good luck figuring this out without understanding any of the science involved

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So are we getting "NAMMED" ????????? This A.M nam is a pretty thing for snow lovers,,,especially NW NJ and interior NY,,,thoughts ? ps good morning Steve Miele aka "The Spoon" !!!!

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

All rain man,all rain. Puts a damper on the pre move Friday but I should be clear for Saturday

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

all above freezing as far as the eye can see, seems like winter 2017-18 is dead and buried just like the New York Rangers, Knicks, Nets, Jets, and Giants

Brook! likes this.
  14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

You can include my Isles in that group as well. I hate Snow...the Garth kind not the white stuff. Still going to wait until April until I run the gas out of the snow blower as March can be a funny month. In like a lion out like a lamb I believe the expression goes.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay I feel your pain but I think this might happen it all depends on where the LOW develops and closes off,,,yesterday it appeared that it would close off well after passing us and that New England would get snow today it appears it might happen right over us or South of us,,,,,and forget temps because what I have learned is that systems can create their own cold air , it all depends where this system develops and when that lifting / cooling happens---I wish Jay was around because this is complicated . Todays models playing catchup with the dynamics ? The Nam says we get a lot of snow even the coast,,The Euro says not as much but similar,,GFS ,,,is the GFS might have to put up the bat signal this system could surprise / shock many but what do I know I'm a novice.---thoughts ?

16. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Will study in tonight and be in early tomorrow...I will say this...holy crap on the track...seems to blow up and then comeback a bit of a loops...albeit small. Have no idea rain snow line but that is the second part of this storm..the first part is major major beach erosion and major winds...missed this. CBG just sent the signal to me a day too late...let me study it later tonight.

Thanks for the heads up CBG!!

CBG likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just read a note from my favorite Belmar Fishing Boat saying this storm will be bad along the coast. They have no idea when they're fishing again but they have no intention of going out until after this storm passes. Is this the one we've all been waiting for (and fearing) ?

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman,,tides are high ,,moon is near full,,,,,its could be real bad along the coast with flooding and erosion. Winds will be strong ,,,it all depends ( unless Im wrong ) on where this LOW closes and the track. This could be rain along the coast, heck it could be rain for many but if the Euro solution or the NAM solution are the right ones then many people will be SHOCKED at what happens. Are those models picking up the dynamics of this storm better than others ? Possibly ,,,,,but heres what Im going with right now , I would say the NAM and Euro have this correct or at least more correct than the GFS ,,,,,,,,bad storm on the way grounds already soaked and wet heavy snow is possible with strong winds,,,,,,,maybe FJAY should move more often ( sorry brother ),,,,,,,,,still time for things to change but I am staying up for tonights Euro after midnight to see what it says.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just watched Bernie Rayno s periscope,,oh my he is all over this,,,,,he is a weather god much like the Jayster,,,,,,,,he says 3 -6 for NYC and could see even higher amounts there,,ps on the north n west side of the low a foot,,,sorry Fjay , you knew this and called it right ?

FJF likes this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Still a little hope for me c.

CBG likes this.