Your ideal off season for Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

What would your dream off season be like? This is mine.

Either sign Cousins or trade up to get the QB you want. No matter what don’t go into new season without an exciting QB on the roster.

Beef up the OL. Spend money there in FA and draft one in high rounds. OL can blanket a lot of the issues on offense and will give you a chance to stay in the game.

Sign at least one shut down corner and our secondary will be great.

Bring in another WR depending on what happens with Robby Anderson. Keep Kearse and we should be good.

What are your thoughts on a dream off season for Jets?

Mainejet likes this.
  2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We trade down and come away with guys like Arden Key and Frank Raginow who have dropped due to injury or off-field issues but have top talent.

Getting Norwell, Fuller, Richburg, Cousins, etc. in free agency. We need some pro bowl talent to build around.

Fill holes at center, pass rusher, corner, and QB without reaching in the draft.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Since I'm dreaming how's this? We sign Kirk Cousins for $20 million per year, and he becomes the next Drew Brees. On draft day, Josh Allen falls to us at 6, and the Bills trade us 3 first-rounders for him. Saquon Barkley gets caught with a bong and falls to 21, where we take him. Then we draft OL with the 22nd pick and our second rounder. Meanwhile Brady can't get over his SB loss and falls into a deep depression, unable to play anymore. Belichick realizes he can't win without Brady and retires. Josh Allen plays like Hackenberg, and Tanny drags the Dolphins into cap hell. We go 13-3 and Cousins leads us to our first SB win since 1969. After the season is over, NCJetsfan says we got lucky and we should still fire Bowles.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sign cousins and trumaine johnson .come out of the draft with chubbs,price and penny.
    championship!

5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

A lot like your picks. I think there is a good chance of us getting chubb if there is a Qb frenzy picks 1-5
    Price has a chance at falling to 2
    Penny has a good chance of falling. He isn't even rated top 5 RB...crazy

Of course this is a dream. Having Chubb fall to #6
    And being able to sign 4 of the top 5 or 6 FA
    Sign QB Cousins
    Sign DB Tremain Johnson
    Sign OG Norwell
    Sign WR Robinson
    Draft DE Chubbs (luck of our draft)
    Draft C Price
    Draft RB Penny (steal of our draft, don't know why he is not considered a top 5 RB)
    Draft DB BPA
    Draft LB BPA
    Draft OL BPA
    6TH & 7TH ROUND BPA

101GangGreen101, Brook! and FJF like this.
  6. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't usually attack other people on this forum, but I gotta say, none of these are realistic in any sort of way. Honestly, it's kind of embarrassing the way some people think that all these studs are just gonna come here and change everything. If we are being realistic, here is the best Jets' offseason possible:

-Sign Kirk Cousins for $30 million

-Draft Saquon Barkley No. 6 Overall

-Chad Pennington announces un-retirement due to Jeremy Bates being named OC (Bates was Chad's QB Coach in 2005)

-Kirk Cousins yields starting job to Chad and gives back $25 million.

-Curtis Martin comes to work as the RB coach to mentor Saquon Barkley who grew up idolizing Curtis and the Jets.

-Tom Brady gets caught in a scandal involving excessive estrogen ingestion and is fined $500 million dollars. Bill Belichick breaks under pressure and admits that he had Goodell destroy the damning spygate evidence. As a result, the Patriots superbowl wins are revoked and given to their respective opponents.

-Lionel Messi agrees to terms with the Jets as the new Kicker, Bartolo Colon becomes the NYJ Punter.

-Scientist at the University of Nottingham become the 1st to clone a human, which just so happen to be 3 younger versions of Wayne Chrebet. They see what's going on with the offseason, and automatically take minimum salary to sign with the Jets.

-Mike Maccagnan breaks the record for the most drunk Dunkin Donuts cups and, as a result, the NFL awards the Jets 5 compensatory 1st round draft choices for the amount of circadian rhythm imbalances Macc had to undergo.

Big Cat, nicg4360, Red Menace and 4 others like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Lol. I said dream but didn’t say pipe dream. :) I love those dreams but within realistic possibilities, what are some ideal moves Jets can make?

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Dang, I was ready to lay out my master plan for trading Wilkson and the #6 overall for Aaron Rodgers then signing Kirk Cousins as the backup.

FJF likes this.
  9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Woody moves the team to England to play cricket. We get new owners and an expansion draft to start over.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

They also change the name to the London Sillynannies.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  11. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I would not sign Cousins, but other than that I am in total agreement. Fans just need to remember we will not be instant SB contenders because of one great off season. It will take GREAT drafting for at least another year and another FA period. Then we can see how we stack up against the league's best teams. Mac has shown the ability to do neither thus far in his tenure with the NYJ and that's reason to wonder if he'll ever get things right.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Well if we are dreaming...

Draft Allen #6
    Draft Key in the 2nd round after he slides
    Draft Penny in the 3rd round

Trade 4th for M Bryant

Sign Weston Richburg
    Sign Tremaine Johnson
    Sign Adrian Wilson for the slot

Fills a lot of holes now and builds towards the future.

14. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I could care less about draft predictions after 1 at this point. All I want is a whiney new QB for this team. I'm leaning towards the finished product, want Cousins but if that doesn't happen I will be happy with a top of the draft QB. Rather have Cousins because there's no guarantee with kids, not even anything close to the guarantee that any of these kids develop into a player equal to producing as much as Cousins.

15. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

It would be pretty cool to draft Mayfield at 6 who turns out to be minimum Russell Wilson talent. Still want cousins but since this is just "dream".
    If not Mayfield Chubb at 6...the only defensive player I could stomach mac to take.
    RB in the second....Penny maybe. With our 2nd in the 2nd...go best Center available.
    Sign Robinson.
    Spend the rest of the cap shoring up offensive line and a Corner.

That would be pretty sweet imo.

16. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I would be pretty thrilled if we landed Barkley at 6 and traded back up into the first round to grab Jackson. If the Jets could ever build an oline in front of them that could be a lethal pairing.

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson sells the team.

JetLifeLo, Brook! and papapump like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With no starting caliber RB, you would have gotten lucky. To think that team would go 13-3 is nothing short of delusional.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Sign Cousins
    Watch TGG cry
    Sign Allen Robinson
    Sign Trumaine Johnson
    Sign Norwell

Draft Barkley at 6
    OL in round 2

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Re-read my post, specifically the part about Saquon Barkley and the bong.