Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

problem is i dont belive browns will move out of the #1 pick contrary to most think browns will not pass on Darnold there is no way , but i just wish we move up to 1 for him i think he is worth that.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll necessarily take darnold, but i do believe they will take a QB 1st overall. it could be rosen or allen too

3. RubenDias

i dont belive that , it can get you fired to select a QB not named same darnold first overall , at least thats my eye test the other dont look like NFL QBs . Darnold is Andrew Luck or better.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is pretty high standards for a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 50 years. I'll take a Super Bowl however I can get it, and that includes being the #6 seed, Cousins at QB and Bowles at HC. I think most would agree.

nicg4360, TonyFtLaud, LAJet and 2 others like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

that's what people said last year, now this year not so much. there isn't a clear cut number 1 to choose. it's a toss up at this point with rosen, darnold, and allen. mayfield is at 4 and jackson at 5 as far as the top 5 in the draft. for me personally it's darnold or sldie back and get jackson, but overall it could be anyone of the top 3

6. RubenDias

you and everyone has the right to think that way , i do not belive that i do belive there is only one top 5 QB in this draft , the others can be good but more as a surprise i think what you take is what you get with darnold but thats just my preference of skillset maybe i dunno , he feels safe in my eyes i would rather lose my job selecting sam darnold then any of the other guys.

joe likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lol ... chill dawg

All Gas No Shake and TonyFtLaud like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

implying we get all of that ... but Cousins hasn't had a full complement of those tools.

I look at a players ceiling, by observing their college tape, and the skill-sets they will bring into the league, as well as team drafted on. I look at Cousins and Mayfield, what exactly does Mayfield do, thats much better then Cousins?

it will take 3 to 4 years to get to that level of production for Mayfield. That's if he gets there.

FJF, GasedAndConfused and TonyFtLaud like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

sounds like you read my post wrong lol. i'm saying for me personally darnold is the only one worth taking top 5, if we can't get him i'd rather slide back to the 10-15 range get extra picks and land jackson. I don't like mayfield, allen, or rosen personally.

draft wise however the "experts" all think that allen, darnold, and rosen are the top 3 and any of them can be the number 1 pick and many of them have all 3 going top 6

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You have to realize NCs agenda to understand his postings. He will say anything to rationalize not taking Cousins because he fears Cousins signing would translate to success .
    That would mean Bowles doesn't get fired , which is more important to him than success.

11. 101GangGreen101

I like Darnold too, I think he's stuck between being a Jameis Winston (bad mechanics at times) type player or an Andrew Luck type player (his ceiling).

Rosen is really good, but the concussions scare me too. He might slide to 6, it will be tough to pass on him.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Luck is something that may happen now & then but the season is 16 games long not to mention the playoffs. People that agree with luck being the reason a team gets to & or wins a super bowl aren't looking at the season from full season standpoint. You still need to get there to the SB to have a bit of luck to win a SB

13. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Darnold is NOT Andrew Luck or better.

14. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

#LuckTheBowl2018 I'm on board!

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Some people here would rather be correct than actually the JETS be..... case in point

All Gas No Shake, FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Some people say he only won 7 games this year..Don't judge Cousins by WINS & LOSSES he won 7...not great, but he also put up 30 points on a #1 Vikings defense & 31 points against a good Saints defence, both in losses. You can't not sign a Cousins because your team isn't playoff caliper team today. He doesn't have to be the last piece of the puzzle, he needs to be a major piece. And when the chance to get a proven top 10 Qb with at least 5-7 years left in him that has the potential to take a team to the super bowl if your team is a playoff calipers team, you take him. Cousins isn't going to do it on his own...and I don't expect him to, but at least he has the potential to help get you there when the rest of the pieces fall in place. Signing Cousins and drafting a player #6 fills 2 holes. Drafting Qb #6 fills 1 hole.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Uh oh... get ready for the "I don't care how great your point is, I'm blaming Cousins for the Redskins being mediocre" brigade.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If the draft was first free agents would likely lose money as teams would address their needs in the draft and devalue the need to bring in a high priced vet. You don’t have that dynamic in the NBA where meaningful player free acquisitions can be accomplished in the draft instead of free agency.

The NFL does it the right way from a players perspective, which I agree is the right way.

19. GasedAndConfused

and not to mention 4 out of 7 of tose wins were game winning drives led by cousins and 1 was a 4th quarter comeback against a tough seattle defense.

1) 10 play 70 yard drive for a TD against the rams with less then 2 mins left
    2) 9 plays 84 yards against the niners for a TD with less then 4 mins left
    3) 5 plays 71 yard drive for a TD against the seahawks with less then 2 mins left
    4) 8 plays 60 yard drive for a TD against NYG with less then 3 mins left

so out of their 7 wins, 4 times cousins led the skins to the game winning TD for a minimum of a 60 yard drive with less then 4 mins left each time but you know, haters say he can't win you game and blame all the losses on him
    not including the final game against the giants in a meaningless game where cousins was terrible
    in his other 8 losses he had 14TDs to 7INTS
    3 times he threw for over 300 yards
    2 more times he threw over 250 yards
    4 times he threw over 65% completions (twice of which were over 70)

the only loss i'd blame cousins for was the giants game and every QB has a bad day here and there and it was a meaningless game as well. even ben lost the game against the jags throwing 5 INTs during the regular season

EDIT: it gets better
    in the NO game he led a 6 play 75 yard TD drive with less then 6 mins left to go up by 14 points. should have won the game but the defense allowed the saints to score 14 points on drives of 3mins 75 yards and 48 seconds 87 yards to tie it up and go to overtime

in the Minn game the defense allowed 28 points in the 1st half plus an opening drive TD in the second half so 35 points in the first 33mins of the game. kirk still battled the whole way and they lost 30-38

against the SB champ eagles the defense allowed 24 points before the skins touched the ball in the 3rd quarter, he still battled back to only use by 10

#2219 GasedAndConfused, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    BudJet likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

What would probably make me happier than anything else, would be if the Jets signed Cousins and then traded Down with Bills and utterly exploited them to get their 2 first rounders and a bunch of other picks. That would be a great way to rebuild the oline and fill holes, plus the Bills could draft the next QB bust so we can make fun of them for another 10 years. :p