Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

We have disagreed on whether Darnold or Rosen is that guy, but I'm in full agreement with your stance on this.

Will I cry if they go the Cousins route? No, especially if they also get Barkley, Nelson, or Chubb and some other upgrades, but I'm looking for a dynasty, not an occasional playoff appearance.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

LMAO nice one!

and yeah it's ntohing but clickbait. the NFL doens't do fully guaranteed LTD. no way is mac dumb enough to do that. If that's what it takes to get cousins in green and white then consider me out of the cousins for QB camp lol. I trust mac is not that dumb. cousins will get a litle more (maybe 10%) guaranteed money then jimmy g just got.

you just have to remember how the NFL works. a guy who started only 7 games in his career is now the highest paid player in the NFL. over guys like brees,m brady, ben who have had HOF careers and won SBs. that's just how it works. don't get too caught up in "pay for performance"

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I think the bolded is delusional. The chances of that happening, especially to the Jets in general, and to the Jets coached by Bowles specifically, are slim and none. I want a realistic chance of getting to a SB, not some pie in the sky, miraculous, once in a blue moon luck.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

BS!!! Maybe not according to the oddsmakers, but if one is realistic, there are teams with "no chance," and the Jets would be one of those teams.

5. NCJetsfan

Dude, quit spouting your nonsense! Petty would not be getting paid more than Cousins off of one season of decent work. That's NOT how the NFL works.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Let’s solidify Cousins’ nicknames now.

I’m going to call him Kirky.

So drunk I doubt that’s funny.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How is it delusional to say anything could happen? It could. It would be delusional to say I guarantee the Jets will win the Super Bowl if they sign Cousins or draft Darnold. I don't know how you can think Cousins and the Jets will just be an average one and done playoff team though. There is so much that goes into building a championship caliber team. QB would be part of that equation, not the whole thing. Bowles being the Head Coach definitely makes things tougher. That is for sure.

TonyFtLaud, GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  8. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I hear you loud and clear. I wanted the same thing, but it didn't happen. I also don't want to go 9-7 every year, floating around in mediocrity forever. But, we haven't been a 9-7 team even for 6 of the past 7 years and I believe Kirk Cousins, although I agree he hasn't proven it yet, is more than just a 9-7 QB. I believe that if he is in a better environment ( and while the Jets are certainly not New England, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. when it comes stability, I do believe they are better off than Snyder & Co. in DC ) he can excel and become a QB who routinely brings his team to the postseason and can win while in the postseason. I have always been a Cousins fans since his days at Michigan State, I was thrilled when he overtook the hype-filled, but never built for the NFL RG3 and I am hoping to land him here, because I truly believe he is a Top 7 or 8 QB in this league and can be the difference maker for this organization. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last, but I believe in Kirk Cousins and I believe the Jets can be legitimate contenders in the AFC for the next 5-7 years with Kirk Cousins.

joe, TonyFtLaud, nicg4360 and 2 others like this.
  9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this. The fact that there are actually Jets fans who are opposed to Kirk who has been a VERY good QB in this league since he's started, when we've had no QB for almost ever, is so mind boggling. Jets fans constantly bitch we have no QB but whenever a good one hits the market they stick their noses up. It is SO WEIRD. Sure we can draft a guy and hope he pans out, but when a franchise QB is available that is the obvious top choice. It's really that simple.

Last year alone, if we had Kirk we probably are in the playoff hunt down the stretch. He is exactly what we need. I personally view him as comparable to the Matt Ryan tier. Not Arod, not Brady, but damn good.

10. NCJetsfan

Because that kind of thing just doesn't happen to the Jets. You sound like you may be a relatively young Jets fan. If so, I can understand that kind of hopefulness/optimism, but if you've been a Jets fan since SB III or before, I can't. Besides, I'd rather never get to or win another SB than to "luck" into it. Those are always tarnished and not really valid imo. If the Jets win another SB, I want it to be because they are the best team in the league and clearly deserve it.

11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

whether it be Kirk Cousins or a rookie QB... I just hope to get the push notification some time next season stating:

"The New York Jets have finally found their franchise quarterback"

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

WTFFFFF ... so if we get Cousins, the Jets would "luck into" a SB? Am I hearing this right?

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Are you shitting me?

14. TurkJetFan

Jets fans drive me crazy sometimes I swear.

Jets fans: WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB. BUT NOT THIS ONE OR THAT ONE OR THAT ONE OR THIS ONE OR THAT ONE OR THIS ONE.

its ridiculous.

15. TurkJetFan

MY MIND JUST EXPLODED. Aside from that statement being INSANE, nobody LUCKS into a super bowl. That is so ridiculous of a notion that I can't even respond to it intelligently.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That has to be one of the most asinine things I've ever read on this website and that's saying something.

Edit: I wouldn't say the Giants "lucked" into a SB win but luck sure was on their side. Regardless, you're gonna tell me you wouldn't sign up for a bunch of luck and a ring? Get outta here.

17. TurkJetFan

I don't even know where to begin. First of all, I would be happy to 'luck' my way to a Lombardi. Second of all, you cannot 'luck' your way into a SB. What does that even mean?

Attackett likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, this thread has officially hit rock bottom ... I would love to "luck" into a SB ... I guess they want the rookie QB to play for 8 years, throw for 500 TDs first, THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THE JETS BE WORTHY

19. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I don't understand what makes people so sure we will be better off with a rookie qb rather than a proven commodity. I get it cousins has made it to the playoffs once. A rookie QB hasn't either and we don't know if they ever will. Every single rookie QB has the potential to just be a Sanchez do-over.
    Why is it a given we are going to the Superbowl if we draft a QB at 6 and with Cousins we are a 9-10 win team only. If you can tell the future hell yea sign me up for the rookie but to say we are winning the AFC championship and going to the big show and be set for a decade is foolish. Beyond that to say we can't win the AFC with Cousins is nieve. Of the four QBs who won went to the AFC and NFC championship 2 were backups and one was barely a starter quality...and one of those backup QBs showed up a FQB in the Superbowl.
    Signing Cousins could set us back 4-5 years if he proves to be average. Yes. A rookie QB at 6 could also set us back just as badly and with the jets the odds are against that QB as soon as he walks in the building.

GasedAndConfused, Metstrife and FJF like this.
  20. TurkJetFan

Bolded is the bottom line. It's not rocket science folks.

nicg4360 and GasedAndConfused like this.