Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Geno was a proven - if not spectacular - vet who was the reigning starter so it wasn't a surprise he would've started him.

Did he really give Hack every chance to beat out McCown? Or had he already decided McCown was the guy from Day 1 and was simply giving Hack some development time? I think the latter.

I guess BB did acually choose the vet Bledsoe over Brady, but he sure didn't waste any time in giving the job to Brady when Bledsoe went down. I think Bowles would've gone back to Bledsoe once he was healthy.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I hear Kellen Clemens is still in the league.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Serious question, why would you be sick if we sign Cousins and 3 of the top QBs are available when we draft 6th?
    That's the absolute best case scenario.
    Forget the BS click bait articles about fully guaranteed contract, 60 Million first year, 35 per year.
    A realistic contract is going to average $28 mill per year , with an out after 2 years.
    That means Mac can draft the QB of Choice, groom him for a year or 2 and release or trade Cousins or if Cousins is playing at a high level , Trade the drafted QB.
    It also would make the 6th pick extremely valuable. Could be traded for multiple picks.
    It's honestly the best case scenario.

FlaJet, FJF and GasedAndConfused like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Even if Jax can't do it because of the Bortles commitment, his "agent" would still likely choose one of the other teams over the Jets because of the drawbacks to signing with the Jets as stated.

5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

He also beat
    Rams, Giants, seahawks, Cardinals, Raiders, 49rs, Broncos
    He also put up 30 points against Vikings...In a loss
    And 31 points against Saints...In a loss

#2085 BudJet, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't think an agent is going to think much about what you brought up if his client is staring $60 mil in guarantees right off the bat. There's a human element involved though, and I think that's where the Jets might be in trouble. He'll get the most money from us, but has a better chance to win NOW with the Jags, Vikings and Broncos. I feel like the Broncos are on a downward swing and I don't think he'll end up there. I thikn the Jags won't even go after him. I think the Vikings will stick with Keenum.

BudJet and FJF like this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So...

When I point to the media or beat writers as a source, it’s BS.

When you do it... It’s okay?

Glad to know you and Cimini are the cap experts, I guess we are golden then.

Sign this beast!

You’re hilarious man.

You do realize there are a lot in the media suggesting the opposite as well, right?

You find a pencil dick like Cimini as your source and I’m supposed to be impressed or convinced now?

Okay...

8. TonyFtLaud

I think he did give Hack the opportunity to win the job. McCown was clearly head and shoulders above both Hack and Petty
    When your starter is in ICU, it's an easy choice. F Mo Lewis! :mad:
    I just don't think there is anything to suggest that Bowle's would play an inferior vet over a rookie or better young player. He has not been in that position with a QB but he has started rookies.
    That sentiment that he won't play a young QB comes from the Tank crowd who wanted Hack to play so they could celebrate 0-16.

GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

Why do you keep calling Cimini a source? There's no source when you're talking about potential contract details. What I was doing was directing you to yet another answer to the question you've been asking but ignoring responses to. It's really really not as hard as you're making it out to be. Once again, you have all the answers, you just don't want to hear them. Why can't you actually respond to what is being said rather than responding with a bunch of garbage about how much better you are and how everyone but you is deflecting and fill it with hyperbolic shit no one is actually saying.

You're a classic internet commenter.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I voted to trade up with the Colts, and my choice is Sam Darnold. I like what he has to offer long-term. I can see Sam being the best QB in our division in a few years.

I'm not a fan of signing Cousins. While he would be near the top of the list of QB's we've had in the past 20 years, I just don't view him as a guy to take us that extra step. He certainly won't be worth the amount of money he will be getting. He brought Washington up to be a .500 team. We've seen enough of that. It's not fair to him, but a Cousins signing reminds me too much of the Neil O'Donnell signing, except that Neil appeared in a Super Bowl and wasn't wildly overpaid.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Dude. For the most part, I have quality debates with people on here. You are still deflecting.

I was thoroughly deligent with you to start out, like I am with everyone, till you proved to blanetly disregard and manipulate the conversation.

Now I just don’t care to debate anything serious with you because you just don’t get it.

You haven’t gotten it this entire time.

I understand what you’ve been attempting but it’s pointless. I can see through the bullshit man.

It’s time to move on.

12. BroadwayAaron

I'm just going to keep asking why you can't respond to the actual answers that have been given to you. And before you say they haven't... and let's just pretend they haven't... why don't you check the Cimini article? He breaks it down the exact same way plenty of people including myself have. Why not answer that?

Probably because it's easier to pretend no one else understands but you.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I agree 100%
    One of the main reasons I want to sign cousins is the flexibility it gives us on Draft day.
    Not to mention he is a plug and play Qb in a system he already knows.

Any Qb that can put up 30 points on the Vikings AND 31 on the Saints last year is a friend of mine...LOL

FJF and FlaJet like this.
  14. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

you clearly dont understand how the cap works

this is a bit of a tangent, but regarding that afc championship game, tomlinson was out with a minor knee injury and sulking on the sidelines while rivers played with a completely torn acl ... i know that wasnt the point of your post but you seemed to dismiss his effort in that game when its remarkable that he even suited up

matt ryan and aaron rodgers will also be pushing the bar higher this offseason

you have yet to explain how signing cousins hinders the jets future cap situation ... as i asked you last week, please explain

i agree that the broncos are on the downswing, especially their offense. but the jags will go after him if they can (meaning bortles can pass a physical).

the vikings will have a new coordinator and offensive system in place so, other than a lesser price tag, i dont see why they would be inclined to stick with keenum

15. TonyFtLaud

I don't think the Vikings are really in the race for cousins. They can tag or sign Keenum for less, not mess with the chemestry of the team and the reality is, they can't afford him. Too many key players to resign next season. It would hurt them more than help. Losing Diggs,Barr, Kendricks and others would be detrimental to the teams future.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:D Closed and moved to the NFL Forum. That will be a sad day for many!

playtowinthegame likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

No no no, you see that's not how this works. What happens is he says something, you challenge it, he responds deflecting, you respond again and then he starts telling you that YOU are the one that doesn't get it and can't provide an answer.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Its hard to not be excited about a Cousins + Barkley tandem. If we get Cousins, I say we trade up and still get Barkley

ColoradoContrails and FlaJet like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

trust me, i give rivers all the credit in the world not just for that game but for his career, i was just making the point that he's never carried a bad team to a SB which apparently to some people here is the only measure of a good QB so essentially the anti-cousins crowd feels that if we don't have the next "brady" lets just keep hoping to get lucky until we find him

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

Cousins and Barkley completely transforms the offense in two moves. I wouldn't trade up though... I'd prefer to take the best player available and you never know, that might be Barkley. I still think he ends up in Indy considering it looks like Luck is a go.