Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

And all it takes is one Super Bowl. Just one championship before I die.

TonyFtLaud, The Dark Knight and FJF like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

How is putting a record on a QB dumb? Do you realize how often that happens?

Ever year. Beat writers, media, the QB position is the most scrutinized position in all of sports.

We aren’t supposed to go there with KC? That’s comical.

Your reading comprehension is really bad though.

I was going to go further but you deflect so much it’s incredible. I don’t even think you realize you’re doing it.

I’m done man. Take it easy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You're just being ridiculous. I answered literally every single thing you talked about. You just don't like the answers. You're just another one of them.

So the media does something, that makes it smart? Newsflash: most media opinions are formed because they are brash and bold, not entirely logical, and will create clicks. That's your standard? Fine, just don't be mad when people call it out.

And even if you want to pin a record on the QB, you should probably take a look at extenuating circumstances. But you don't LIKE the fact that their defense was horrendous so you're choosing to pretend it's irrelevant. You're not fooling anyone just because you're speaking in single-line sentences with the conviction of a guy who just predicted the lotto numbers.

Have fun pretending everyone else is dumb because they don't agree with you.

GasedAndConfused and grkmanga31 like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sign this once potential 4th qtr beast!

BrowningNagle and JetLifeLo like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Finally some sense in this thread. Sign Sanchez, sign Geno, keep Petty and Hackenberg, then have a 4-Way QB competition. It would be pretty entertaining. Possibly add Tebow to the mix if it doesn't work out with the Mets, and have a 5-Way QB competition.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

same age as Cousins. Just entering his prime

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Same man, same. I got many years left, but we gotta get our shit together. If the last 40 years is any indication, we are probably fucked lol.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

A good second half in Denver or Indy, or a good first half in Pitt and we might already have a 2nd Lombardi trophy. So we're good sometimes, just not good enough. :(

#2068 CotcheryFan, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    MurrellMartin likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not in favor of signing Kirk, and while I do prefer Rosen out of this class, it's not "Rosen or Bust" either. I could accept Cousins, but I prefer the longer term solution/higher ceiling of Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield. And while Cousins is proven to be above average, he's not a lock to take them to a championship, but they're going to have to commit a huge chunk of money for several years - and the rumor is the Jets will guarantee the ENTIRE 5 years - to get him. I see the attraction of Cousins to many here - after over a 100 pages of posts how can you not? - and I can even see that Macc is probably going to go after him hard, and may well land him, but I really want to see a Jets dynasty before I check out, and Cousins isn't going to be the guy to lead that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I like how you constantly keep trying to spin things. It’s working to an extent because I truly don’t have the energy to go back and forth with you when you literally ignore most the stuff I post, then exaggerate the points your clinging to, proclaiming the things I find important to be irrelevant but the points your making are, while making it seem I’m disregarding your points.

Awesome job man! Ha

You are ignoring, reaching, and only want to stay in your bubble. Then you try to make it seem that’s what I’m doing.

Example. I have been very adamant about how signing KC to a monster contract will hinder this team from a cap perspective.

You post an article from RICH CIMINI about him breaking down the cap and how it will work out for us. Rich Cimini is your source mind you.

You post this. Throw out an I told you so type post, then turn around and tell me how silly it is to rely on the media and beat writers because they are not entirely logical.

I’m not working under the premise of fooling anyone. I’m just speaking my mind.

You, however, are trying really hard to run circles around me. I see what your doing and I don’t have time for it.

Again, go find someone that’s going to fall for it, I’m not that guy.

11. BroadwayAaron

You really are a special case. I posted an article from RICH CIMINI that pointed out WHAT TONS OF US HAVE BEEN POINTING OUT FOR DAYS, MAYBE EVEN WEEKS NOW. So like I said, you see the answers, you just don't like them. You can't accept any opinion other than your own, so you dismiss it. I'm not trying to do anything other than answer the questions you keep asking over and over and over. One of these times I realize it ain't me... it's you.

12. ColoradoContrails

In the end though his "agent" chose Jacksonville, which I do believe is in his best overall interest. Aside from having a better, quicker chance to win a SB, he also doesn't have to wind up in a situation where the HC and GM are let go after a year or two and another rebuild ensues, and/or the media crucifies him for not leading them to the SB in Year 1. I hope this is how it turns out in the end.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

I couldn't care less about the money, except that with the cap it ties teams hands beyond reasonable.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Blake Bortles just had surgery to his hand, so I don't see how he can be released until he's "fit to play", which means theyre on the hook for his 18mil option.....Given that, I don't see how Cousins fits in that picture, despite it making the most logical sense from an on field football perspective

nicg4360, TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

How is giving Cousins around $30 million a year going to tie the Jets hands in the next 3-5 years? Will it hinder us from adding FA after FA after FA? No, but it would be good if it did. We don't need to become Snyder's Redskins. Will it stop us in trying to re-sign our very minimal homegrown talent? No. The Jets have a TON of cap room from here on out, minimal homegrown talent to re-sign over the next 3-4 years and must spend 89% of the cap from 2017-2020.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m not gonna be broken hearted if the Jets don’t get Cousins although I have gotten to the point where I will be disappointed. Him signing with Jags(I don’t think it’s possible cause Bortles) though does nothing to help the Jets and would likely leave the Jets deciding between Allen, Jackson, or BPA which will probably be a defensive player.

If he doesn’t sign with Jets, I hope like crazy he signs with Broncos which would at least help the Jets.

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I agree he would start Bledsoe, same as Belichick did. He'll bill even tried to get Harbaugh out of retirement to back up Bledsoe because he didn't want Brady.
    Boles still chose Geno to start over Fitz. Gave hack every chance to beat out McCown.
    He had a choice both times, Geno got his jaw broke and Hack sucked.
    If Bowles had Wentz, Watson Jimmy G and McCown, Josh would not have been the starter.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  18. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

T-Minus 20 Days until Kirk Cousins doesn't sign Mac's desperate offer.

T-Minus 20 Days until this mega Cousins thread becomes like Hillary Clinton's campaign headquarters on election night.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

It doesn't necessarily prevent them from affording to sign other guys, but if Cousins doesn't prove to be the FQB, they're stuck with a guy making that much money and they're not going to want to sit him and give the job to a rookie or other guy, so Cousins becomes a roadblock to improvement. Who would take him off their hands at that price if he proves to be simply average? That's where the money becomes an issue.

20. BroadwayAaron

I don't even know why Jax was included. Didn't they say they are sticking with Bortles? Plus if he isn't healthy by March 14 they owe him $19 mil guaranteed... they won't be able to sign Cousins.