Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

My question to all the people who don’t want Cousins is this:

If not Cousins, then who do you spend the cap space on?

These days the free agency game is very risky because most of the top guys in the prime of their careers end up getting franchised.

Poor drafting over the years has left the Jets in this position, but ideally you use the cap space to re-sign your own guys. Unforunately guys like Coples, Milliner, and Richardson didn’t really work out.

Brook!, FJF and GasedAndConfused like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

because both are coming off major injuries. bradford is a huge injury risk and it hurt his value. even with that 2 years ago minnesota paid him like a top 10 QB and his injuries showed up again. they also traded a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder to get bradford.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What are you even talking about? I’ve been calling Cousins a top 10-12 QB for months now. Don’t you think placing someone outside the top third of QBs implies that I’m well aware he has plenty of holes in his game? That just seems like logical deduction to me but I guess not so: I’m well aware he has plenty of holes in his game.

I don’t pretend to have inside knowledge on the Skins at all. Every stat I’ve posted is pretty easily accessible on the World Wide Web. That’s why I’m baffled as to why you’re still trying to pin a 9-7 record on a QB when you can just do the research and see the actual problems with the 2015 Redskins.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

apparently they want us to be the browns and never spend money. didn't everyone here get pissed at idzik for refusing to spend money? now they don't want mac to spend money.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont think youre reading all that right. How would we have over 80 mil next season? Cut half the team and not replace them? We wont have nearly that much once we resign guys.

Rivers made it past the the wildcard round in 3 of his 6 playoff appearances. Hes had runs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ok im done with you youre annoying as fuck. Youre pulling shit out your ass. You missed the whole point of the conversation. Only jets fans think its a good idea to pay the 10th best qb top qb money.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Whatever, im over talking to you

8. BroadwayAaron

Convenient. I’d just like to know how placing more blame on the bottom 10 defense instead of the top 10 offense for a team having a 9-7 record is scapegoating.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The 49ers just gave jimmy g the highest qb contract for playing 5 games. Not sure that works with your point.
    Anyway, paying upfront when you have the room to mitigate the cap hit
    going forward when you might need more is good cap management.

TonyFtLaud and Attackett like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The anti-Cousins crowd seems to have this fantasy of us drafting a franchise QB. Unless we trade multiple first-rounders, we're going to end up with Mayfield or Allen, and I'm not sure how you can think either of those guys gives us a better chance of winning the SB than Cousins. If we had the #1 pick, I don't think anyone here would want us to sign Cousins.

TonyFtLaud and BudJet like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

Stop it with your logic. We’re all just a bunch of Cousins homers that think he’s the savior and has no flaws.

12. GasedAndConfused

he's only made the playoffs 5 times
    2 times he was 1 and done 2006 and 2009 (lost to sanchez)
    2 times he lost in the divisional round 2008 and 2013
    1 time he made the AFC champ game (his one deep run) that was 2007 and he lost 12-21 he had gates and LT (2 HOFers) in their prime they had 4 pro bowlers and 2 1st team all pro's and rivers didn't make a pro bowl that year and their defense allowed the 5th fewest points in the NFL that season.

so the 1 time he had a deep run he had 2 HOF skill players on offense and a top 5 defense. in the past 5 years he hasn't even made a playoff

just for the lolz sanchez has won as many playoff games in his career as rivers

as far as the cap goes the links are there i'm not going to explain it again. if you don't get it, you don't get it, but just because you don't understand something doens't make it false. it would do you a lot better to go back and read up and understand what's being discussed so you can contribute to the discussion then it would for you to dismiss stuff because you don't understand it

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And i am already on record as saying its stupid, but thats what desperate teams do.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It was just as much a fault as kurt but you just again blamed everyone but him. Again he lost them plenty of games regardless of their defensive rank. Check the gamelogs. As far as this, the conversation is over.

15. GasedAndConfused

only ignorant people don't understand how the cap and value works. the bets players aren't the highest paid players. the highest paid players are the ones who are the best free agents who signed the newest contracts. it's supply and demand it's not 100% performance based. If you refuse to give a big contract to anyone but the bets at their position you'll never sign 1 player

16. GasedAndConfused

it's not a conversation it's people telling you facts about stuff and you choosing to ignore them and argue against it because you don't understand how cap and free agency works

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oh my bad 5. So really his percentage is actually better than i gave him credit for. But he had such a shit team and still produced wins!!!!!!!!!!! So hes 110 - 91 so he found success regardless of his team and they sure didnt have great defenses.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If not Cousins who do you want?

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I want them to draft a guy. Ok with rosen mayfield or darnold. Theres no reason they cant get one of them

20. GasedAndConfused

come on man, now it's borderline trolling did you not read the post? he had 1 deep run and he had 2 HOF skill players and a top 5 defense to get that. even sanchez had 2 deep runs in his career and he was a bust.