Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I initially wanted Kirk, and though I know that cap money has to be spent, the contract he's likely to receive could hamstring the team in other areas, especially if the cap's growth is relatively flat. My best case scenario now is for the Broncos to sign Cousins, since they're draft ahead of us. Rosen and Darnold will go one-two; and we'll pick Mayfield at six, rather than giving up a king's ransom to move up.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Then Cousins takes the Lebron approach and has no confidence in his ability to lift a team and he will be doing the Jets a favor.

Whether or not the reports coming out of FP are true, it seems a lot of sound bytes are indicating the locker room feels staunchly the team is on the way up and on the brink.

Don’t believe the media hype about Denver. They could be in the shitter for years.

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  3. The point..AGAIN..is that it’s the same song & dance every year..you guys are paralyzed by the idea of drafting a QB under any circumstance.

And by the way..I’m sick of being insulted by you.Continually downplaying every word I say & the “Again” narrative....

On that same note..

I responded directly to your precious allen Robinson bullshit..you never responded or acknowledged it..liklely cause it doesn’t fit into your “AGAIN” narrative.

Same thing w badgering me yesterday about folks saying Cousins would be here 10 years.Dont bullshit me & tell me you your fycking self didn’t say Cousins would be here for 7 to 10 years” earlier today provide your stupid ass link..but I think you know exactly what I’m talking about.

And why me exactly?What the fuck did I ever do to you?There are countless others w the exact same opinion as me voicing just as well. Am I a threat to your narrative? Do my words hurt you somehow? Up until the last couple days I had nothing but respect for you.But you simply can’t handle a differing opinion.You think your smarter than everyone else but your no smarter than the rest of us.Your argument is the furthest thing from foolproof so stop acting like the attitude & passive aggressive bullshit will change anything.

If you want to get serious w this debate the gloves are off.But if you continue to insult my credibility & intelligence..there can be no further discussion or respect.Thats your choice not mine

#1683 KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2018
    NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. I have yet to hear a single argument of any kind on how missing on a Qb in the draft will set a franchise back more.Please enlighten me

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This is why I am practically done here with the Jets and their yahoo fans..

Is it not interesting that the Redskins have embraced ALEX SMITH,a playoff caliber QB, and let Cousins loose

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I don't think it was so much in the end that the redskins didn't want cousins but more so cousins didn't want the redskins.

FlaJet, dogg and stinkyB like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You mean franchising the guy TWICE isnt a hint? ;)

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s the internet. Relax.

I never saw your response to the Allen Robinson post but could you blame me for giving up after having to ask 4 times? I’ll go check it out.

I have literally no idea what you’re even trying to say with the 7-10 years/link thing. I still never said it if you’re implying I did. You even admitted you messed up and thought I said it.

Don’t flatter yourself. I don’t care about you. The only reason I’m responding to you so much is because every time I read one of your posts I find myself asking “what the F?” most of the time. Hence why I’ve tried to ask so many questions.

Basically, relax. You act like I’m the only one questioning what you’re saying.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

dude.... c'mon

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

No, I don't like that.

I love that. :D

11. BroadwayAaron

“Will he even sign here” doesn’t change the fact that signing Cousins in no way, shape or form prohibits you from building a young core on offense that can form an identity and grow together.

I think maybe you forgot who the owner is. Woody left. It’s now Chris Johnson, you know, the guy who said there is no playoff mandate for 2018 and wants to spend on guys that will help in the future? And again you’re just so badly missing the point that if you bring in “all these guys” you CAN try to win now while still stocking the cupboard for the future.

FJF likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

22 more days to beat this horse.

FlaJet likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

22 more days for people to make posts that will undoubtedly be dragged back to the surface two years down the road when Cousins is playing in Minnesota and Josh Allen can’t complete more than 50% of his passes in a Jets uni.

nicg4360 likes this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I love the way everyone has been bitching to prioritize offense now that it looks like they will people are bitching because it’s not the way they want them to.

Cousins gives us something we have been lacking forever, a good QB. We still will have something like 70mil and all our draft picks to improve rest of roster.

LAJet and FJF like this.
  15. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

The Jets didnt have the opportunity to draft Mariota, Goff, Wentz or Trubisky without trading a kings ransom.

I would have drafted Mahomes and Watson over Adams, but only time will tell.

Also not sure what Cousins age is a negative. 29-30 is a prime for a QB. No reason he couldnt play for five years.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

thats not even funny

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. No worries. I wasn't stating my opinion was fact...just that the names in each respected category are who they are. While N.O maybe the only somewhat similar comp in the FA category...is anyone gonna argue that the Jets drafting Qb's in round 1 has actually gone relatively well compared to FA's & non 1st round picks?

18. I understand when draft day arrived the Jets didn't necessarily have the opportunity to draft many of those names w.o a trade up. However, leading up to those drafts some of those were thought to be possibilities at our given selection or in a trade down esp in the cases of Mariotta, Trubisky, Maholmes & Watson.

My point actually extends well beyond 2015...every year there is a large contingent on here & within the fan base that is vehemently opposed to going QB in round 1. As soon as the QB situation shits the bed come the regular season they all bitch & moan about QB & how it will need to be addressed next draft. As soon as the offseason arrives & draft season is upon us suddenly none of the QB's are any good & we should either wait till a later round or till next year.

Is it fear? Is it ridiculously high standards from college QBs? Is it a lack of respect for the position all together? I have no idea. But here we are staring at one of the deepest QB drafts arguably in history w. the 6th overall pick after a season in which we were counting the days till 4/18 in 8/17 to grab a signal caller & suddenly everybody wants nothing to do w. ay of the QB's & want to go defense....AGAIN. It makes zero sense to me....absolutely zero.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

Ugh. You’re so friggen exhausting, yet here I am like an idiot responding.

First, you’re acting like every person that didn’t want Trubisky didn’t want Mariota, every person that didn’t want Mariota didn’t want Mahomes. That’s lazy and foolish, and I can confirm that considering I wanted Mariota and wanted nothing to do with Trubisky. Some people like certain QBs and not others. I don’t think there’s a single person here that thinks going QB in the first round is a no-no. You can’t find anyone in any fanbase that will tell you that let alone this fanbase.

And if wanting an established NFL QB in FA then going with the best pass rusher in the draft at 6 doesn’t make sense to you then I dunno what to tell you.

Edit: I should add to this... if we had a shot at Rosen or Darnold, my opinion on Cousins would be way different. But that’s not the case. We are staring down the barrel of Josh Allen, aka Christian Hackenberg.

#1699 BroadwayAaron, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration. I too almost feel like I want them to take a QB with their first pick just to prove they're capable of doing it. But if they can't trade up, or whoever falls to them at 6 Macc decides isn't a strong bet to become the FQB, then I have to grit my teeth and swallow hard and say go with the very best player at RB, Pass Rusher, or OL they can get, or possibly even trade down if they can get a lot of quality picks in return. It's DEFINITELY NOT what I want, and if Macc passes on a QB at 6, and one of those available to him turns out to be legit, I want him fired immediately. But taking a QB at 6, just to prove they can isn't smart.