Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

but these QBs you take will be projects like Petty and Hack

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Colorado, yes, Minnesota, no. New Jersey's top income tax rate is 8.97%, Minnesota's is 9.85%, and Colorado's is 4.63%.

GQMartin likes this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I AGREE 100% AND IT IS ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE A EXPERIENCED PLAYER WITH A YOUNG ROSTER. COUSINS WILL HELP THE TEAM
    THE SAME WAY MCCOWN DID...AS A LEADER AND THERE WILL BE NO WAITING A YEAR OR TWO FOR A ROOKIE TO TAKE CHARGE. A ROOKIE QB WILL HINDER THE DEVELOPMENT OF OTHER YOUNG PLAYER WHERE AS COUSINS IS READY TO GO DAY -1. THE JETS
    HAVE TO MAKE A PLAY FOR COUSINS. IF HE GOES ELSEWARE ,THEN PLAN B- DRAFT A ROOKIE & SIGN MCCOWN.
    LET'S NOT FORGET THAT DRAFTING A ROOKIE WOULD ALSO , MOST LIKELY COME WITH THE PRICE TAG OF SIGNING MCCOWN, PROBABLY
    5-7 MIL that you wouldn't have to spend if you sign cousins. And the use of a roster spot for McCown.

FJF likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think the cap will go down, NCJetsfan brought up the cap going down. I was saying that even if the the cap goes down, QB salaries may not go down with it.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. Additionally as soon as “next year” or the year after arrive sudenly fans will yet again have excuses as to why we shouldn’t draft a QB..that’s exactly what happened last year & is happening again this year. This fan base is too scared to get out of its own way

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Signing Cousins is a no brainer and having a ready made franchise QB in his prime just sitting there for us is just about the luckiest thing that has happened to the Jets.

However I really hope Mac just doesn’t cross QB off the list and think the O is fixed. Signing Cousins will end up a flop if Mac doesn’t build the rest of the O around him with smart signings and high draft picks.

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Really? Were they all out at the same time?

Do you know how many Super Bowl winning teams actually make it all the way without key injuries on the team?

It’s rare. They happen every year.

Yet, the big name QBs still find a way to be winners. How do you suppose that happens?

Look at the injuries and overall talent the 49ers had last year. JG comes over and all of a sudden they win, what, five in a row to close out the year?

Why do you think that is?

Did Garçon and Jackson get those receiving yards in 15 by only playing a couple games that year?

The OL was ranked high in a lot of categories that year too, even and despite of injuries.

How many games they win, despite the production and QB? 9?

How far did their season last?

I want a winner. Cousins isn’t that in my opinion.

Despite all of that, how would his situation be any better here?

Why do fans seem to think if we sign him to a monster contract, we will be consistent playoff contenders all of a sudden?

Where is the reasoning and logic in that?

I feel like my point is being lost in the shuffle at this point.

My main point isn’t the technical aspect of those teams, who played how many games, etc...

The point is, is our roster any better than the rosters he’s had overall?

If not, then what makes you or anyone else think he will be the savior so many are suggesting him to be?

If so, please explain what about our roster makes you or anyone else believe that’s an accurate conclusion?

I’m looking at our roster and I’m saying we have A LOT of work to do yet before we can say we have enough talent to even make the playoffs, let alone a SB. Bringing Cousins in won’t change that fact and it certainly won’t speed that process up if we are handing out this monster contract on top of it all.

8. HomeoftheJets

Wentz could have easily won MVP if he didn't get hurt, and Wentz and Goff were both top 5 in passer rating. If that isn't lighting it up, I don't know what is. I don't see teams going back to old school football unless the league changes the rules. And they won't do that because they know that, despite what people on Internet forums say, scoring sells tickets.

FJF likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It is a scoring league and the Jets need a smart QB that can make plays and that's pretty much Cousins. We need a new C as well. You just dont like Cousins thats all.

But, why do people always say they are leaving? you know damn well you will be posting here regardless of the outcome. Jets can get depth outside of rd 1

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's from a private website of 'cap gurus' and not from Maccagnan or the Jets. I'm not entirely confident Macc is as good as they are with the cap or that Cousins would sign such a monstrosity.

but still under their proposals; in 2018, Kirk Cousins would have a $40 mill base contract and a $20 mill signing bonus. OR a $45 base contract year one and a $15 mill signing bonus.

That shit is wack

11. HomeoftheJets

The 49ers weren't as bad as their record before Garoppolo got there; half their losses were toss-ups decided by a field goal or less. And two of Garoppolo's five wins were also decided by a field goal or less. Plus the Rams sat their starters Week 17; if Goff and Gurley played the 49ers would have lost. Garoppolo's good, but he also got lucky and that luck isn't going to carry over to next season.

NYJFOREVER, GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There's a lot of gibberish here so I'll just keep it concise:

Kirk Cousins in 2015: 70% completion, 29 TD, 11 INT

WAS offense in 2015: 10th in points, 17th in total yards, 11th in passing yards, 13th in passing TDs, 6th in yards per pass attempt, 12th in drives ending in points scored, 6th in TOP

WAS defense in 2015: 28th in yds allowed, 25th in passing yds allowed, 22nd in passing TDs allowed, 26th in rushing yds allowed, 31st in rushing yds per play

You're gonna look at the facts and pin the 9-7 record on the QB? Laughable.

13. Yes I’ll still be posting but w a significant level of apathy,indifference & disgust. I’m not walking away..though I understand why others will. I watched less jets football this year than at any other point in my life since I was 7.Its the same crap over & over again.Offseasons like this pop up that offer the chance at change but we repeatedly go for broke w short term moves & continually shun offense & more specifically youth on offense.

Meanwhile fans bitch all season long about this fact but then when the offseason arrives & shit gets real they’re right back to clamoring for Defense & avoiding 1st round QBs like the plague

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

oh so you aren't leaving now? :D

No one is leaving this board dude, they are blowing smoke up each others' asses ... you got different mannerisms, your stock on the Jets is low and I understand that. Mine is too, but the Jets got an opportunity right now to do something even a blind squirrel can achieve. Ask the Eagles.

Mac is all about Cousins, he was a year ago and he's all about it now. Cousins is a great leader, hard worker ... he hasn't reached his ceiling IMO. I have to admit, the guy at times has those WTF moments (not every game), but he's surely not the only one that is that way in the NFL. Cousins has seen his weapons come and go. Injuries on the offensive line. Jet fans don't give this guy enough credit. The comeback he had against Seattle this past season was really good. 4000 yard passer, whens the last time the Jets had 1 of those?

Jets need to ensure Q is up to the challenge next year, Robbie might get suspended a few games, but I think the spotlight will be on Chad Hansen those first couple of games, go get some depth. Jets need to ensure that TE position is covered. Need a RB, this is a deep draft for one. You add Cousins to a bunch of youngsters with potential and you perhaps accelerate the learning curve. Jets need a new C. This can be achieved via the draft.

1 - Chubb (EDGE)
    2 - Sony Michel (RB)
    2 - Frank Ragnow (C)
    3 - BPA
    4 - QB(?)

Are you going to be mad at that? Those are solid additions, I think the Jets win 10 games and get in the playoffs, you build on that the next draft and you have a SB contender IMO. If you know what you got inhouse, the draft I think becomes a little simpler.

From day 1, I always thought the Jets never needed the most talented QB in the league, just a guy that comes through when they need him the most and can make the offense fun to watch. Good leader. That was Chad in some respects. Someone that is reliable, and I see that in Cousins. Mac and Bowles at times are clueless, but sometimes a strong draft and development of players will make coaches better too.

FJF likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Most of you guys have made up your mind about Capt Kirk..and frankly I don't care if the majority ignore all the glaring red flags surrounding him...THE MOST GLARING THAT THE SKINS ARE LETTING HIM WALK...

YES You can all be happy with several seasons of 9-7 or 7-9...but tbh:

SOME KC SUPPORTER TELL ME RIGHT NOW HE WILL GET US TO PLAYOFFS??????FOR SURE??

Know one can say yes ..which is why I would roll the dice on Rosen Dar Mayfield

ODDS ARE WE ARE BETTER OFF THAN WASTING BIG BUCKS

Recent History: Wentz Goff Mariotta Trubisky all potentially FUTURE KURT COUSINs...so what if costs 5 picks ??? It worked the SB Champ Eagles!!!!!!!!

Lose out on this Draft....one that is stacked with young talent and YOU will regret it

16. BroadwayAaron

"You can't tell me if Cousins will get us to the playoffs so we shouldn't sign him!

Followed by:

"Lose out on this draft (where not a single kid has played an NFL snap) and you'll regret it!"

I love this website.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it was an article on how it would be possible and they nailed it. it's the best cap site around that i'm aware of. and you think an NFL GM isn't smart enough to write up a contact that a bunch of people from a private site did? lol come on

18. “Don’t draft Mariota wait till next draft”

“Don’t draft Goff or wentz wait till next draft”

“Don’t draft Watson,Mahomes or Trubisky wait till next draft”

“Don’t draft Rosen,Darnold,Allen,mayfield,Jackson,Rudolph or Falk..let’s make a 30 year old stat accumulator the highest paid player in NFL history... wait till next draft..”

I love this web site

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

Penciling in Mahomes and Trubisky as guys we should be upset we passed on is another example "I love this website".

We also never had a shot at Mariota, Wentz or Goff so I'm not quite sure what your point is there. Again.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

works both ways

don't draft tebow
    don't draft russel
    don't draft quinn
    don't draft young
    don't draft lienhart
    don't draft RG3
    don't draft leaf

etc etc

the thing with the draft is it's a complete crapshoot. if you can hit on 30-40% of your picks your an amazing GM. it's almost like in baseball. a hitter that fails 7 out of 10 times is an all star. cousins is a known quantity and a bad draft picked QB will set the franchise back much more.