Bills to trade with Giants for second pick speculation

Discussion in 'Draft' started by semperfigreen, Feb 17, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

thats the best you can expect. getting anything else is gravy. i can't go into the draft thinking/hoping to draft the savior. odds are he isn't in this draft

zace likes this.
  2. FJF

the list of qbs that do not need strong pieces around him is as follows:
    brady and thats debateable.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hey only time will tell right? Either way lets hope they get it right

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  4. FJF

there's enough options where he should be able to,right?

zace likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would add Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Ryan, Carr, Roethlesberger to that.

Again, I'm not saying Cousins is chopped liver, but he's going to need help, and Macc hasn't shown he can build a complete, above average team in three years so far. And of course, there's no guarantee that anyone he drafts won't need that much help either, but it's possible they become like one of the guys above. I personally wold take that chance, especially if I could get Rosen or Darnold, but I doubt Macc will.

nicg4360, NYJetsO12 and CotcheryFan like this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The one issue that would put the lid on your idea is that the selfish rivalry that has always existed-whether those admit it or not - based on pass history during drafts, the odds are not in favor. I don't see the Jet org calling them.

7. FJF

Bens only won with a strong run game and d.
    Brees has 1 , the year they had a strong d, Vilma,will smith, Darren sharper all playing at pro bowl levels.
    Rodgers hasn’t been able to pull that team to another vlt.
    Rivers good qb but no wins.
    Carr? Yea, doesn’t belong in the same paragraph as Brady
    Ryan, a lot of talent on that no ring team

Red Menace and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's not gonna happen. That's way too high of a move up.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not saying these guys didn't need any help, but they can win a SB without ALL the pieces in place, and I don't think Cousins can. I guess we'll find out. If he's a Jet, I'll be rooting for him to do it.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’d put Cousins on the same level as Ryan, Carr, Rivers. which is the next tier to Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson.

almbleamal likes this.
  11. FJF

I’d say below rivers and Ryan,(slightly)

Red Menace and Attackett like this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yea I’m not saying he’s the 7th best QB or whatever. After the 4-5 true elite QBs in the NFL, 50 people will order the next 10-15 QBs in 50 different orders, in which Cousins is a part of. Ryan may be better than Cousins but he’s had Julio and a dominant run game helping him out, which Cousins has never had.

FJF likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets are looking to trade up I think they will call the Browns first, then the Giants, then the Colts, etc. They won't want to give away direct confirmation that they are calling around to people that might want to trade in front of them. So they'll limit calls to the teams that they have priced out as effective trade ups.

I also think they're more likely to put the groundwork in place for a trade and wait it out to see if the player they want is still available at the spot. The Giants make more sense than the Colts if the Jets are looking at 2 QB's as an example. They can put that trade in place before the draft knowing they will get one of the guys they want.

I don't think a trade up is a good idea, however I doubt the Jets will put any team off limits as they evaluate the possible deals. None of the teams in front of the Jets are in the AFC East and that's the only really acceptable reason for not talking to a team in this context.

14. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Glenn has never made a pro bowl and has only played in 17 games the last two seasons combined. His value is at its lowest right now, a there is a decent chance he is released next month.

The single biggest impact player the Giants could draft would be Saqoun. They could rebuild their oline through free agency, but no one else can help jump start Eli. Giants have at best, two to three more years of Eli Manning.

15. I think trading down makes a ton of sense for the Giants. Once you get past the Eli's,OBJ's & JPP'S...that roster looks mighty barren. Going QB makes sense..but w. how bare the cupboard is, taking a guy who will be sitting on the bench for at least a half of a season & is replacing a team legend does have its pitfalls. W. their scouting Dept & all those picks they could get things on the right track in very short order.

Buffalo is in a tough spot....awful lot of ammunition for 1 QB. Keeping those picks & making them could transform their roster very quickly; Then again...they could pull a 2015 Idzik just the same.

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The bolded portion of your post caught my attention. You really contradict yourself.
    You claim Washington isn't interested, nor have they ever been interested. Then say Cousins turned down lucrative contract offers from them?
    Washington did everything they could to sign Cousins long term, offering a player what was the most guaranteed money in league history at the time, would indicate that they were very interested in signing Cousins long term. Franchising him twice would also indicate more than just interest in keeping him long term. He turned them down twice and while they still wanted to keep him, he wasn't willing to negotiate a long term deal with them for 2018 and beyond.
    We can speculate on why he didn't want to stay in Washington, could be the lack of talent , could be unhappy about the back to back tags, exposure to injury and no future guarantee.
    He still went out and performed. That doesn't equate to quitting.

nicg4360 likes this.
  17. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

From what I've heard and read Kirk cousins appears to be a class act kind off guy....loved by teammates and fans. It's fairly well known the Redskins FO are all business and not thought of very fondly...in fact Dan Snyder is not liked on many circles of the NFL is putting it lightly. I think cousins felt underappreciated and when he got continuous franchise tags slapped on asking him to prove himself (and he did) a long term contract did not materialize. As it's been said he may have been offered a contract but I'm guessing by the time it was his decision was made to just play out the final franchise tag and become a FA. Gotta hand it to cousins he played high quality football on an average team and a team that continued to question his ability.

FJF, TonyFtLaud and BomberJet like this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not buying that the Bills would give up that much, it sounds like wild speculation. Why would the Giants want to give up the #2, when they likely won't have a pick that high again for a long time and could draft a much needed RB Barkley in that spot or even a new franchise QB if they deem it worthy. I also don't buy that the Giants would refuse to trade with the Jets. That very well could be the right move for them and would enable them to draft extra oline.

#38 Sam Hammer, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I've seen mock drafts with that exact thing happening. I trust Rosen more than all the other QBs in the draft, so that would be fantastic! Standing pat at #6 is a big risk though, if they don't sign Cousins.

#39 Sam Hammer, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Because it's the off-season and reality doesn't generate enough clicks!!! :rolleyes:

Sam Hammer likes this.