Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I don't think ive ever been so happy and scared about the same situation in my life when it comes to the jets and their high possibility to land Kirk Cousins. On one hand its like damn he's been putting up top 10 numbers for the last 3 seasons and we could really use a guy like this on our team... then the other hand it's just Kirk Cousins and I can see him being so average here, keeping us in that same middle of the pack area that we've been in to keep us mediocre year in and year out. Do you guys really see Kirk turning this franchise around for the better? Part of me does and part of me doesn't. I think deep inside I still want us to draft a QB with our first pick even though it can be extremely risky.

Mac has some career defining decisions to make ... at least for his career with this franchise.

2. How bout saying he's instantly the answer at QB over the next 10 years. I've seen that one thrown around enough where i don't need to supply a link.That proclamtion along w. blindly being ok w. throwing a fully guaranteed boatload of cash definitely suggests "savior" status.No?

Lol,...for 34 M's fully guaranteed & passing on the best QB draft class in at least 13 years...he better damn well be the savior!!

#1382 KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
    CotcheryFan and Mainejet like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Kurt you have watched the Jets. Cousins is clearly the best QB they would have since Pennington or if you want to be technical: a healthy Favre in 2008. Why wouldn't you want that? That is the part that confuses me with anti-Cousins people. Even if he turns out to only be Top 15, that is much better than anything the Jets have had lately.

MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Well I would recommend signing off the site and not watching any Jets games for the rest of your life unless they are in the Super Bowl. Because you gotta make the playoffs before you make the Super Bowl. You cannot get 3 weeks of byes and magically make the Super Bowl.

The only teams that talk Super Bowls are ones that consistently make the playoffs and have high expectations. Only a dumbass goes around spouting off we are making the Super Bowl when the team is rounding up to a decade of not making the playoffs.

You set goals to make the playoffs, win the division, hopefully make it to the Super Bowl, and then win the damn thing. The only team that sets the bar at the Super Bowl is the Patriots. We are the damn Jets and haven’t won the division in like 14 years. How in the hell are we gonna make 3 leaps and say Super Bowl or bust. We don’t have Rex as our coach anymore man.

By your logic, if a player cannot get us to the Super Bowl then we shouldn’t sign him. Fuck the playoffs, Super Bowl or bust... yah right. Aren’t you familiar with baby steps by now? We are the Jets.

#1384 Martin&theJETS, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    jonnyd, NYJalltheway and FJF like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Pay the man! QB is the only position that matters.

If the Jets were picking in the top 3, I'd consider rolling the dice in the draft. At pick #6, the Jets could possibly be left drafting the 4th best QB in the draft. That assumes someone else doesn't trade up to #3 or #4 before Denver and Jets picks.

I think Cousins is the 10th best QB (though statistically he's been top 7 last three years) in the NFL. The fact that you can have him for 6 to 8 seasons and actually use the 6th pick to build around him has tremendous value.

The AFC is so bad right now, that their is no reason the Jets couldn't get into the divisional round, if not further with Cousins and some other players. He's young enough that you can keep building around him.

dogg likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you’re going to sit here and tell me that there are people calling a 30-year-old quarterback the answer for the next 10 years then you are going to have to provide a link because it sounds like you’ve made up a mound of bullshit.

Speaking of making up a mound of bullshit, where did you get the $34 million figure from?

jonnyd likes this.
  7. If he was being paid as a top 15..rather than the highest paid player in NFL history...and was coming here to compete(and likely start) rather than being cemented as the QB over the next 10 years no questions asked...I'd be all for it.

Signing him is only a short term fix & in all likelihood prematurely ends the rebuild. To me this roster is still at least a year away from contention cap space/draft picks be damned. As such Cousins to me is just piling shit on top of more shit

Mainejet likes this.
  8. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Considering the Jets are scheduled to pay Wilkerson $20M in 2018, $30M for a QB is a steal. QBs actually change games.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I mean he's pretty consistently averaged around 28 TD'S / 12 INT's and around 4400 yards a season. You wouldn't take that for the next 5-7 years? And he's durable. I mean it's FA So of course he's going to be overpaid but he's about as sure thing at QB that's out there and a team who hasn't gotten that consistent play since like Pennington. I'd love to develop one of the new kids coming out but I'd also be behind getting Cousins as well.

FJF likes this.
  10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Making the divisional round doesn’t matter. If it’s not the Super Bowl he is worthless and in no way increases the franchise’s potential /s

FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. In this very thread there are folks stating he will start for the team "for several years". I'm not going to supply a link given its right in this thread & i do not want to single anyone out..thats my intention.

*Edit- you yourself just said 7 years,,,7 is closer to 10 than it is to 2-3..no?

34 M was the number folks were throwing around for awhile now. He's absolutely going to be the highest paid QB in league history...what difference does it make if I say 30-32-34...? Call it a mound of bullshit all you like...you make him the highest paid player in NFL history & assume we are playoff bound...for THIS team..he better damn well be the savior

12. BroadwayAaron

Nowhere in this thread did anyone say he can be the quarterback for the next 10 years and nowhere on this website, let alone in this thread did I say he could be the quarterback for the next 7 years. So like I said, forgive me for thinking your posts are just one big mound of hyperbolic bullshit.

13. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

And if Kirk goes to Denver or Minn for significant less money that will forever cement the eternal oppression that this franchise faces... a great athlete once said "you can attain any level of success in this country but to some you'll still just be a New York jet" if they offer him all that and he doesn't sign, can't blame Macc it's just the vile bigotry we face that no one person can defeat.

14. Ok..my mistake..similar screen name threw me off. I'm at work...so I hope you can forgive me instead of insulting my intelligence as you just did. I'll let it slide given I unintentionally put words your mouth.

but you know damn well I've had this opinion going back months...and you know damn well I'm not full of bullshit.You just don't wanna hear the truth of the matter,

From this very thread

"I mean he's pretty consistently averaged around 28 TD'S / 12 INT's and around 4400 yards a season. You wouldn't take that for the next 5-7 years? And he's durable. I mean it's FA So of course he's going to be overpaid but he's about as sure thing at QB that's out there and a team who hasn't gotten that consistent play since like Pennington. I'd love to develop one of the new kids coming out but I'd also be behind getting Cousins as well."

Mainejet likes this.
  15. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Constant rising cap, in a year he will be 5th highest and year 2, 10-15. SIGN HIM

FJF likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

All good, and for the record I disagree with5-7 years. But I do think you will get a high level of play for 4-5 years and luckily contracts rarely go beyond the fourth year.

Also I haven’t really seen any numbers above $30 million per year thrown around but let’s say it is $34 million per year… The difference between the two is a slot receiver, a serviceable lineman, some edge help, etc. So that’s why I think it’s important to use the actual numbers being thrown around.

17. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I think the Jets should go for their QB when they have a high first rounder. If Cousins makes them medicre they will never get a shot. When he leacves it is ground zero again.

18. We're good Big Mo!

We can just agree to disagree.

Go jets

19. BroadwayAaron

Not necessarily true at all. You can take a shot and a quarterback over the next three drafts and have somebody waiting in the wings. Look at what the Chargers did with Rivers and Brees. Favre and Rodgers. Brady and Jimmy (except they blew it).

FJF likes this.
  20. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

But that's not what you posted Martin? Do you need me to repost what you posted? Not any where in your post is there any mention of the SB? Just the playoffs. You obviously think making the playoffs is gaining status. Making the playoffs means jack shit unless you win the tournament or shall I say WIN THE SB.

Cousins does NOT,and I repeat does NOT win you a SB. He gets you the Herm Edwards award for making the playoffs as a wild card. So go enjoy the Herm Edwards league your mind thinks the Jets play in.

I'll stick to reality. Reality is Kirk Cousins gets you MEDIOCRITY. I'm not interested in mediocrity. I want the Jets to win the SB.