Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Do you know what his salary was that year?

$660,000. His cap hit was under $720K.

What this means is that the Redskins were able to pay a lot more for supporting players than they have any year since then and Cousins has not been able to get them back to the playoffs while making franchise tender money.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You can’t play “our track record “ card and advocate for drafting a qb at the same time

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

If the Jets try to move up, it'll probably be after Free Agency hits and the QB situation is clearer. Moving up pre-draft is also super risky if the player you want isn't there anyway (i.e. moving up to #2 and the QB that you covet as a GM goes to the Browns).

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Except he's NOT a top 10 QB. More like a top 15 Quarterback padding stats in a pass heavy era; Same way "Fitz magic" broke several team records despite being pure garbage 2 years ago.

And as for O'donnell...Hmm..over priced slightly above average QB a certain segment of the fan base was DESPERATE to throw money at b.c they never wanna do the hard right & draft our own guy. Sounds pretty damn similar to me..in fact N.O was almost the exact same damn age Cousins is entering free agency. And if you really wanna poo poo on the whole argument...At least Neil had made it to a damn super bowl before landing the deal. Instead of padding stats in a losing effort like Kirky

Mainejet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. FJF

you know how many draft picks they were missing from the rg3 trade?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

And FTR ..as I posted this morning Brett Favre, who also had SB rings, came along via Tannenbaum in more recent history ..WHERE DID THAT GET US...he was a little older than Cousins but 2 or 3 times the talent

All this team does is REPEAT MISTAKES with RETREAD QBS..time for a change

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Am I miss interpreting what some folks here are insinuating without taking a breath about the Redskins? Such as the Redskins are actually a better franchise when it comes to the draft and personnel selection. All of the sudden they are gurus for seeing how over rated Cousins is, after franchising his ass for as long as they could, and now they actually went with Smith? The same Redskins that mortagaged the farm for a huge 1st round draft bust QB, completely overtaken by Cousins shortly thereafter? The very own dysfunctional Redskins?
    No sir, the Redskins did not get in cap hell because of Cousins but because of their own massive incompetence and ego starting from the owner.
    I'm not in the camp of signing Cousins, nor Im a huge fan of our CS, but using the Redskins as a measuring stick is laughable BS. Those here that are shitting on every pick Mac makes with their fool proof after the fact Hindsight make it look like the other 31 teams make good choices year after year, pick after pick. Starting with the sorry ass Redskins. Embrace with an even more mediocre 2018 season with Smith, oh mighty Washington..while Cousins finds great happiness with the Vikings all the way deep into the playoffs.
    We have plenty of challenges, mercifully, looking up to the Reskins is not one of them.

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  8. FJF

a little older = 10 years?

9. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

y
    Another very good point that most of the yahoos on this site simply cannot grasp. Snyder has no qualms about spending like a drunken sailor if he thinks the player is worth it. Yet Kirk Cousins, Snyder has suddenly gotten cheap? It should be so obvious, but you can't possibly pound common sense into some of these yahoos.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ahahahahahah

The worse ones I've got on ignore

11. FJF

have you seen snyder's track record? the fact that he doesn't want him is a pro cousins argument

12. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

If the Jets go into the draft needing a QB I think it’s unwise for them to stay at 6. Especially if Darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2. I think after those two players and Mayfield, there is a significant drop off at QB (I am not a fan of Allen at all from my experience). To hope Mayfield slides to the Jets would be foolish IMO, as there will be teams calling about the 3 and 4 picks and it would be relatively easy for someone like the Bills to make the jump up, especially at 4 with Cleveland’s second pick. Unless the Jets are enamored with a guy like Lamar Jackson or Allen, they should move up. But if they love all of 5 qbs and would be happy with any of them, stay at 6 of course.

13. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Right, you're supposed to forget their FO told KC to fuck off three years in a row even though he's the one that bailed their asses out for the RGIII trade.

And they only had to add a very good, very cheap slot CB + draft capital to make that greedy sumbitch go away?

Their internal scouting is off the charts.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Dan Snyder isn't a good owner, but it is possible that he was told by the football guys that Cousins isn't worth top QB money.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

And their football guys have been top notch for years now.

16. I get the skins aren’t the greatest franchise in the world but are we really gonna 100% discount their feelings on Cousins while also 100% blaming them for Cousins lack of on field success?

To do so & then go on to sign Cousins to some headlining type contract essentially means we equate the Redskins to 90s Bungles,Matt Milllen era Lions or God forbid Richie Kotite.

While Mediocre,often misguided & occasionally self defeating I don’t think the Redskins are incompetent..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I have a feeling you make a lot of assumptions based on what you want to see happen. To say those numbers are meaningless and some of you have to come up with nonsense like chocking to make top 10 numbers go away says it all. He's a top 10 QB no matter how many times you say he isn't and how many games you say you saw him play. You want to draft a QB, fine just say it. Why do those fans feel the need to tell people it's because he's overrated.

18. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Padded stats due to the rain means the other 30 starters stats are padded the same way so why is Cousins penalized because of the era? Why do 5 jump ahead? 5 with less production, most on better teams.

NO was never as good compared to others as Cousins is. I'm poo pooing nothing. NO was a mistake, a lot of it was he couldn't stay on the field.

That you think calling him Kirky or trying to convince anyone that his stats are padded says you've missed the actual facts of the argument for KC. Anything to try and make the baseless argument that they're the same to QB, which to anyone who has seen both is actually funny

19. First of all, nobody is saying NO & Cousins are the same player...but they are extremely similar level players & the team is in an eerily similar predicament as they were in 96...

Secondly, I don't appreciate you assuming I didn't see both play just b.c you don't like my opinion. I stand by my opinion & know very well what I've seen from both players. As a fan of this team it'd be much easier to anoint Cousins b.c at first glance he's the easiest path of QB resolution.He's attainable if we're willing to the pay the price & a much easier bet in terms of acquisition than that of a drafted QB. But he's simply not the answer.

My point was never to harp over any stat line. Quite the contrary. The only argument I've seen FOR Cousins on here is his stats.When watching him he certainly doesn't make game changing throws, he doesn't raise the level of play of those around him & his play undoubtedly hasn't resulted in winning.

So what are the "actual facts" for Cousins? I haven't heard a good one other than blind rationalization laced in desperatility & avoiding risk.

20. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

But you're forgetting if they honestly believe the above, they MUST therefore believe that Mac is 100% the answer. Like he'll do things 100% the opposite of what the Skins did and it will immediately transform the Jets offense into one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. It's a QUANTUM LEAP of bad logic to think any of that is true.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.