Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

People go overboard with everything..I don't see Cousins as being a bust like a Odonnell and he's also not a top 10 QB so stop with that nonsense..Signing him seems like mediocrity to me why not just draft a QB and get it right like every other successful franchise.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hahahah

None of the Cousin Yahoo!'s on TGG bother to check other teams fanboards...I remember the Buff trolls coming on here laughing when Fitz came aboard

zace likes this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This times 10

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think if you had the #1 or #2 pick in this years draft trying to develop your own guy would be the way to roll. The problem is that we're likely to be sifting through the #3, more likely #4, and possibly even #5 passed over prospects that will be way more of a risk, project, longshot etc. Given the chips the Jets have to play right now I just don't think that's the smart way to play it. Cousins and all those picks and money to get him some help is the smart play here. I just don't even think its debatable at this point. Any one of us may not like Cousins, suspect it won't work out, like one of the lesser prospects etc, and that may end up being correct in the long term. But the odds are against it. Cousins puts the odds in your favor. You could still lose but your less likely to.

The only reason you don't go that way is if he himself doesn't want to come here.

dogg, TonyFtLaud, James Hasty and 2 others like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This just isn’t true. Don’t take the opinion from a portion of a group and apply it to the entire group.

All Gas No Shake and TonyFtLaud like this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I havent seen anything that changes that prospective. In fact i posted something on an espn article just last week on cousins. Hell it wasnt even derogatory, and i was shocked at how many redskins fans replied and echoed my sentiment.

I knew they werent really fond of him, but i haf no idea it was that serious. Im not talking like 5 or 10 or so people. It was a lot.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If this story is true, and not just clickbait, then it tells me that the Jets really do want Cousins and they're trying to freeze out the competition who, with the exception of maybe Cleveland, don't have enough cap space to do this kind of a deal.

That said, Cousins said he doesn't necessarily want the most money, he wants the best chance to win a SB, so we'll see if he's serious or just posing like all the rest of the players usually do when talk comes to money. Would he REALLY leave millions on the table? If he does, kudos to him.

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I agree the safe play is signing Cousins but the ceiling on that move is most likely making a few wild card runs..I'm looking to actually win a SB for once not the same old routine of making the playoff once in a while..The scenario that makes us serious SB contenders on a yearly basis is drafting a QB and getting it right not signing Cousins..that's my opinion anyway.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Too funny are the fans who go in and on about how idiots are running "their" team. As if anything they've done compared to the shit show that's Snyder's Skins. These are the numbnuts who have paid Cousins the last 3 years basically more than they would have to sign him long term.

If you believe the Jets are as bad or Cousins isnt as good as Neil O'Donnell, makes no difference what anyone thinks or says.

#1249 LF911SC, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    TonyFtLaud, Pepsiguy5 and FJF like this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m so sick of hearing that the Jets can’t win a SB with Cousins, it’s so beyond ridiculous. Did everyone not just witness Nick Foles win a shootout vs Tom Brady and end up SB MVP?

Are you really trying to suggest that Nick Foles is a better QB than Kirk Cousins?

I won’t even mention the idiotic Neil O’Donnell comparison other than to say how idiotic it is.

NYJFOREVER, dogg, TonyFtLaud and 4 others like this.
  11. LF911SC

Yeah because you could never win with 4300 yards, 68% comp., 27 TDs, 13 INTs. No matter how someone tried to say that's not top 10 or a QB who can win a SB. Please save the lame excuses of how those numbers are meaningless, they're not.

Funny, fans asked if Bowles paid attention to coaching in the SB, the same fans didn't pay attention to the QB

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but there is a difference between disagreeing to the investment of Cousins to the Jets, which in my view has a lot of merit, versus this nonsensical argument, bashing and idiotic comparisons to O'Donnell, Favre, the lack of knowing BPA by Mac and the rest of the hindsight BS.
    I think for a team in a significant rebuilding mode Cousins is not the right fit, but to state that it will make the team mediocre is laughable BS. As if Any of the rookies in the QB draft would make us all instantly better.

dogg, TonyFtLaud, FJF and 2 others like this.
  13. LF911SC

So because a HOF QB who had us at 8-3, in 1st place, blew his arm out we should never sign a QB?

A QB is ranked totally by the team assembled around him? Sanchez was a championship level QB? Or was he the scrub QB who couldn't get his team to .500? Marino wasnt great because he never win squat, want as good as some of the lousy QBs who've won SBs? Think the talent around then changes things? And you know for sure that any of the kids QBs in the draft will become as good as Cousins or better? LOL, ok but as a season ticket holder I want a QB who I don't have to worry and wonder about. One who I can count on to post Cousins numbers. Not a chance in hell we can't won with that production. You can dream that a kid will do as well, I'll take the given production.

#1253 LF911SC, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Lots of angry overly emotional people. lol I have watched most of Cousins games he's a middle of the pack QB who throw the ball a ton and usually chokes in big spots..I have a feeling most people like you just look at stats and probably watched him play 15 minutes worth of football if you think he's a top 10 QB.

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Yea you’re the only person on this forum who has ever watched Kirk Cousins play football. We will all defer to you, the Kirk Cousins expert. Thank you for gracing us with your knowledge.

16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Wow what a choke job

TonyFtLaud, Jets69 and FJF like this.
  17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

No problem I'm here if you have any questions. lol

Big Cat likes this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Favre was awesome for us. My first choice if we could get him is Drew Brees.

dogg and LF911SC like this.
  19. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I guess that it just depends on who you talk to. I'm from around DC and no redskins fan that I know to wanted Kirk to leave, and all of them were absolutely against the Alex Smith trade.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Maybe but ive heard plenty say the opposite. Still tho its pretty telling that its not unanimous and they are letting him walk.