Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I know this isn’t a direct response to the article, but the more I think about it, the more I believe the Jets will land Cousins.

-Tons of cap room
    -DESPERATE
    -Huge Need
    -Safer than drafting a QB at 6
    -Veteran QB (Which this regime seems to favor)
    -Bates comes from Shanahan coaching tree

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That certainly seems to be the narrative that the media are focusing in on, at least for now.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we are going all in on Cousins, may as well go all in. If we lose our starting QB we are screwed anyway.

I would rather guarantee more of the money for our starting QB if it means the total payout would be slightly less.

LF911SC, Jets69 and FJF like this.
  4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Cousins is a much safer bet for 2 guys on the hot seat (Mac & Bowles) than rolling the dice on a unproven draft pick ... I'm thinking this is plan A for the Jets.
    $100+ million to spend on Cousins and weapons to surround him with between the draft and FA isn't such a a bad plan, but I say we still need to draft a QB in this draft no matter what...someone like Luke Falk or Riley Ferguson would be a nice addition after jettisoning Petty.

dogg and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Luckily this is nothing but pure speculation but that would be a terrible idea beyond three years.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Thats what I was thinking. Would 5 years $125M fully guaranteed work? Lower annual value, but he gets it all.

Either way it's not my money so spend away.

dogg and James Hasty like this.
  7. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

If Mac is actually offering this? It's official. He's an incompetent douchebag. It also fully guarantees his firing. There's no way the Jets will ever win a SB with Cousins as their QB.

Now, there is a distinct possibility that Cousins makes the Jets MEDIOCRE. That could certainly happen. So if Mac thought the job was to make the Jets mediocre? Then it appears like mission accomplished.

Make no mistake, Kirk Cousins never has been and never will be any better than Neil O'Donnell. That is Cousins ceiling. To think Mac thinks he's smarter than everyone in Washington is beyond DUMB. Mac isn't even smart enough to draft players that are BPA. He THINKS the players he's drafting are the BPA, but then they step on the practice field and everyone knows he's full of shit. That's happened THREE times now. When will everyone catch on to his dog and pony act?

westiedog1 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt a QB's long-term contract would ever be fully guaranteed under the current cap structure. A HUGE signing bonus and other guarantees, sure. Kirk gets $150M from the Jets and he'd get $70-$90M guaranteed or something similar is what I'm thinking, for example.

FJF and Jets69 like this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lets hope the Jets make a serious offer to Cousins, and somehow land him, I don't see it happening, after all this is the Jets we are talking about

Then draft a stud pass rusher in the draft, one that can actually get to the QB on a consistent basis

FJF and JetsNation06 like this.
  10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

A top 10 QB can make a team worse? Lol, almost as bad as claiming Cousins has never been and will never be better than Neil O'Donnell. Trolling or don't know NO? Has to be one or the other. Especially when you think it's dumb for anyone to think they're smarter than the fucking idiots that have been running the Skins for years.

11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone will fully guarantee that kind of contract but the Jets have the ability to heavily front load the contract and offer more guaranteed money especially over the first three years..not sure any other team other than Cleveland can do the same..I'm personally completely against doing this and signing Cousins but it's starting to seem likely...I'm thinking 5 years 150, 90-100 guaranteed over the first 3 years.

#1231 MJK, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  12. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think its a little harsh to keep comparing Kirk Cousins to Neil O'Donnell and saying that is his ceiling. I'm just not sure where that comp even comes from. O'Donnell would throw for like 2200 yards a year. And while I know the rules were a bit different in the 90's I would say Cousins just looks better in relation to his peers than I remember O'Donnell looking.

Is it POSSIBLE that the Jets sign Cousins and for whatever reason things don't gel and he turns out to be disappointing looking back on it 10 years from now? I'd say absolutely. But I think its also possible that things turn out to be rainbows and unicorns and Cousins leads the Jets to some real success..... maybe even a Super Bowl appearance or two. I'm not exactly predicting that but I do think its possible. He's a talented NFL QB and in my opinion completely adequate to help you get to a higher level.

Saying that is his ceiling I think is just not being reasonable.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It's the writing oh the Wall.yep, I saw this coming..Mac better have made some phone calls!

STAY At SIx ...ya pick up sticks lol

EVEN IF BUF DOESNT PULL IT OFF...

You still need to be PROACTIVE and move up...DENVER a spot ahead of us might do it

#1233 NYJetsO12, Feb 18, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

Lunacy to do this...

No surprise that all the Cousins ball washers are drooling over this...

SOJs Front Office stupidity

SOJs fans looking for quick fix and no rebuild

zace likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

Really? I was comparing in a few of my Posts the Cousins deal to the Brett Favre one a few years back..

Favre at least was a SB winning QB ..and still FAILED to get us to a Playoffs

Cousins has not won crap and not in same league with Playoff QBs but asking for big money..triple feh

NCJetsfan and zace like this.
  16. NYJetsO12

You talk like we don't have a bunch of idiots running the Jets...too funny

zace likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

Plus 10 Mil...but be prepared for the onslaught of posters here who think Cousins will morph into Brady/Brees/ and Rivers combined LMAO....his own team let him go because of owner lol

Cousins is the Oasis that fans see after going days without water...

zace likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Stop with the logical thinking, this thread is for over emotional reactions only

TonyFtLaud, BomberJet, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not sure if I should bash this post for ignoring favre's injury or for comparing cousins to favre and ignoring the age difference.
    Either way, bad post. No intelligent thought to it what so ever

#1239 FJF, Feb 18, 2018
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The redskins fans want him gone. They are over his lack of success and composure in critical junctions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mainejet and NYJetsO12 like this.