Did the Jets Take Advantage of Turnovers in 2017?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mainejet, Feb 12, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hey, did you CHECK to see how Belichick did the next season? Do you have any idea WHY Belichick got fired? It wasn't after the 20-28 record. Do you think that was an AWFUL mistake from the Browns?

Sounds like you should be a Browns fan and not a Jets fan. Perhaps 20-28 isn't your liking, I think you would enjoy 1-31 much better.

FJF likes this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Simple if you write shit without thinking.

Parcells was 22-25-1 after three seasons.

Bill Walsh was 21-27 after 3 seasons. He was terrible too.

I'm sure there are plenty others who start off losing.

Not only is your response really simplistic, it's totally wrong.

#22 LF911SC, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

101GangGreen101, LF911SC and FJF like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Jets don't create enough turnovers.

While fumbles can be attributed in some degree to luck when you are at or near the bottom of the league for many years running in turnovers created or turnover differential as our Jets have been it stretches far beyond bad luck. They are doing something wrong schematically or they are not emphasizing the importance of creating turnovers. that is bad coaching

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

Terms of interceptions, we don't have a ball hawk on this roster. Adams no matter how much he talks, is not a true ball hawk like Malik Hooker. Maye solid player, but I never thought of him as a true Ball Hawk.

6. BrowningNagle

you dont have to have an amazing ball hawk talent to create turnovers though. You can bait or confuse QBs into interceptions with your scheme. You can force them to make errand throws or drop the ball by getting pressure and hitting them. You can emphasize pursuit on your defense. All 11 guys rushing towards a ball carrier or pass receiver greatly increases your chances of getting a turnover.

the Jets are really bad at all of these things and have been for awhile now. Pursuit especially. I think if you looked at how many times a Jets defender made a tackle on his own vs. gang tackling it would be striking. And schematically, especially on the road for some reason, they are terrible. Opposing Quarterbacks are never confused.

It is bad coaching.

7. LF911SC

It's the talent all over the field, it's not the scheme.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The energy and adrenaline level is much higher off a turnover than a punt. Of course that doesn't make a shitty offense good, but it will probably have them putting forth more effort than normal and that can make a positive difference. That said, the opposite can be true also: with the adrenaline rush, player's ability to reason is compromised, and therefore mistakes can result. But none of this accounts for the amazingly long drought the Jets have had in not scoring off turnovers.

9. 101GangGreen101

Bad coaching ehh maybe, I would say bad personnel, Jets can't apply pressure on the outside. Williams was the only guy able to get pressure. Jenkins is solid, but he's not a guy that will get 10 sacks a year. We need linebackers that can win on the outside.

10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Well, thank god we have you around to explain that for all of us.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you.... It's a BAD front office altogether. It's bad drafting and it is bad coaching. Tanny was horrible and so was Idzik. Blowes sucks and has the team worse than when Rex was still around. Mac is a MARGINAL GM at best right now.

The scheme sucks and Blowes routinely gets outcoached in games. Not to mention a laundry list of other things I could get into. Blowes flunked out of coaching 101. I wish to god he'd go back to AZ, so we can hire somebody, ANYBODY else...........

11. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

NO. As a matter of fact I do not. Bellichick got his chance in Cleveland and he sucked. He had ONE winning season out of 5. That sucks and that is the very opposite of results. And even more foolish you're actually comparing Blowes to Bellichick? Let me go out on a limb there genius... I will GUARANTEE you Blowes never even comes close to Bellichick. Hell, why don't we compare Rich Kotite to Bellichcik as well? LOL

12. BrowningNagle

well certainly having Ed Reed out there would help any defense create turnovers. But the top 3 teams in takeaways this year were Baltimore, Detroit and Jacksonville.

do they have more talent on their defenses than the Jets do? Jacksonville, yeah. Detroit and Baltimore? NO.

in this case its bad coaching. It is man. There are no excuses for being at the bottom of the league every damn year in creating turnovers. This defense has talent. It's not a bunch of bums. You brought a coach in that understands how to motivate and scheme to create turnovers and they would be good at this. Bowles/Rodgers suck ass at this. I'm tired of the excuses.

again, we NEVER see gang tackling? why is that???? thats football 101.

13. LF911SC

LOL, you ask a stupid question as if to make your point and then get pissy when it gets pushed back into your face? Well, you're welcome.

You can keep telling me about whoever but history tells us that you need more time to make a real and accurate evaluation. That you want to ignore it, while questioning it, is fine. But maybe instead of plowing ahead aimlessly you should actually give it the proper amount of time. Or throwing pointless arguments like it was better under ex. Ignoring the obvious, Rex had a really talented team and Bowles doesnt. This team is rebuilding, Rex took over a team that the year before was 8-3 before it lost its QB to injury and fell apart. But hey, history and thought isnt important, repeating over that someone sucks works better on its own.

Id bet that you cant come up with 3 or so things that Bowles has done, real things, that have cost the Jets a win and turned into a loss.

FJF likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

Browns fans would take that shit right now, he actually had that team playing decent and was on the rise. Then they fired everyone and moved. Actually, no it's not really a comparison, its about evaluating in the entire situation. are you implying it was all BB's fault? You dont evaluate the entire situation and for that, your opinions lack any sort of validity

BB wasn't BB yet in CLE, but he was getting there

15. BrowningNagle

they hate him in Cleveland. They hate how BB broke off ties with local boy, fan favorite and Pro Bowler Bernie Kosar. They hated his antics with the media at the time and how his bad tenure in Cleveland is largely ignored or excused today

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Or maybe we need to go to a 4-3?

What it looks like is that we have the "worst of both worlds", and that flat out is bad coaching (and bad GM work). This is why it's so disheartening to have to endure the continuation of the Macc & Bowles Show.

17. 101GangGreen101

What I remember, that Browns team was getting long in the nail. BB wanted a youth movement and that Browns team still had a very good defense.

18. 101GangGreen101

I don't think its about schematics, but the Jets need a difference maker out there and I don't see one outside of Leonard Williams right now. That would be a good start.

19. BrowningNagle

yeah, I'm not sayin they are right. I burned a lot of brain cells in the 90s so my personal recollection is foggy, and Browns fans arent the smartest bunch, I'm just going by what I hear from them and they hate the guy

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. ThatQueensGuy13

ThatQueensGuy13 New Member

eh

not really

but the offense was garbage
    so its not like I was surprised