The fab 5!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Feb 6, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IDK he was raving about bates. plus money is a big influence and we have it. and i doubt he wants to go to the browns.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So you are attempting to disregard what your eyes see? Footage such as that transpires each and every game. Again, highlights do you no justice when talking about Lamar Jackson. You need to watch every drop-back, every attempt. See how he surveys the field, observe that he's patient in the pocket. I've seen both and it's no question that Jackson is the better QUARTERBACK. The only thing Allen has over Jackson is a stronger arm and he's 6'5, 220. That's really where it ends. Jackson better in the pocket.

Jackson didn't show up because only seniors attend the senior bowl :)

Mac's evaluation on QBs is extremely spotty at this juncture. Hack and Petty both, 2 QBs he wanted, both of them absolutely suck ... so perhaps Mac needs to change the way he's looking at some of these QBs. If he choses Allen over Jackson, I will obviously root for Allen, but I don't think Allen has much of a shot to be a franchise QB.

Jackson is more then a QB option QB. I recommend checking out the Lamar Jackson thread, 5 pages of good information to dispute a lot of the stereotypes.

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I didn’t see or read that about him raving about Bates? Where did u see that? Last thing I read is that he’s going to the Cards or Broncos... And nobody wants to go to the Browns.. they are the worst sports franchise I have ever seen.

4. Rockinz

Totally agree Rosen is the most polished. Thing is he is injury prone and to be honest that just can’t be ignored... He had a serious injury’s to his knee and concussion’s. He might turn out to be fine but it’s definitely a red flag

5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

ok, thought he was a senior, my bad - he needs to stay in school another year :p

I can only go by what the highlites show, and all I see is a running back taking snaps from center. I've yet to see any QB from college with that type of style translate well in the pros. Mac isn't going to change his thinking - and he may have jumped the gun with Hackenberg in the 2nd though the jury is still out on him - Jackson will drop in the 1st round - lot of questions from the scouts and GM's about what role he'll play in the pros.

6. 101GangGreen101

Lol, yeah Michael Vick, Randall Cunningham, totally didn't make it in the league. Wilson didn't make it in this league. Steve Young didn't make it in this league. The list goes on. Scrambling qbs. Running back under center lol? Run to pass skill-set, a special skill-set not many scramblers have. Laser beam.

Stop it! Again, I don't know what highlites you watch, but you ain't watching the right stuff.

All of the qbs in this draft have questions. All that "role" talk, save it for the birds. Lamar is playing qb at the next level. Jury still out on Hack? Jesus! Wake up! Leave the sunken place!

Cousins (FA), Rosen, Darnold or Jackson ... Mac better do his research.

#26 101GangGreen101, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Very nice analysis Rokinz..

BUT WE WILL NEVER DRAFT ANYBODY JUST SITTING AT 6...don't think for a minute that the 6 teams that need a QB won't make a move!.. So be Proactive here!

Mac MUST move up to 1 or AT LEAST the 3 spot

Ya schnooze ya lose

Rockinz and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/02/kirk_cousins_says_working_with_jets_jeremy_bates_w.html
    https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/cousins-raves-about-jets-new-oc-jeremy-bates/265603034
    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/...-with-jets-oc-jeremy-bates-would-be-exciting/

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Not sure I agree with the OP's assessment on Darnold. I have yet to hear any scout or coach question his love for the game. I have heard that regarding Rosen.

10. BomberJet

Damn, you're reaching if you have name these QB's in the same sentence as Jackson, LOL!! Oh well this is going no where because Mac will NOT draft Jackson. Whom ever team gets him, I'm sure you'll be keeping close tabs, but whatever the case, he won't be playing for the Jets.

11. 101GangGreen101

Not really! It's the normal comp! We don't know who will draft who, but I do know Jackson is a top 3 qb in this class. I just pray he's not a dolphin or bill ... Mac better do his research

12. BomberJet

Well, it doesn't really matter what you or I think about a certain player and how he'll fit in if the Org is not going to draft him. Honestly, I would rather have Baker M. than these two because I think he'll fit in with most any team because of his ability to see the field and his accuracy. If Denver signs Cousins, Mayfield may just fall into the Jets laps.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

At 6? There will probably only be two of them left at 6.

14. 101GangGreen101

Nice analysis at the end of all of that. Combine should be here soon, hopefully the Jets talk to Jackson. That's when Jackson will shine. So will Darnold and Rosen. Those are the money 3.

I disagree on Mayfield btw, throwing to wide open receivers. I guess try and scheme up Mayfield to fit the offense. Mayfield should pray New Orleans moves up and grabs him.

15. Rockinz

I just don’t see the fire.. he’s too laid back, I want some passion out my FQB

16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

This stands out the most to me out of any of these guys, arguably the strongest arm I have ever seen, showed in the Senior Bowl he has great touch too

17. Rockinz

Your absolutely right. I think if our guy is there at 3 we anti up and pay the price. Who that guy is?? Not sure...

I’d obviously love to have Allen but Darnold and Rosen are very good too.

The interesting part about this class I have a feeling one of the tier 2 guys Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolf/Falk are going to surprise and be the Derek Carr type at the next level.

westiedog1, NoodleArm and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Can't agree with you more. This seems to have happened a lot more in the past decade or so than in previous generations. Would also add Mike White to that list. We're due.

Assuming Rosen/Darnold/Barkley are not available at 6, I wouldn't be opposed to Mac trading down to get more picks and a Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph/Fall/White type later on.

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We could've taken Carr in 2014, but noooo we needed a safety to help our D. :rolleyes: