2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry guys ITS TIME,,,,,time for some changes,,,,you don't come out of the break and put up a performance like this! You want to wait 1 or 2 more games ? IMO you have waited 6 years too long but thats my opinion,,,,that said the team needs defense because now they are struggling to score goals and the power play sucks------> the new owners are now the old owners its time to shake things up in a big way guys, sh#!% can Garth and I could care less if Weight stays or goes ---its past time for changes !

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Another typical Isles loss. Problem is it isn’t isolated to thus season; they have been consistently terrible with late game leads going back to Capuano. There is something fundamentally off with this franchise despite the talent we’ve had.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was going to look at other threads and then I saw that there was a new post from you BLUE, my heart skipped a beat because everytime I see a new post from you or menace or one of the other guys I am praying that its a post about the isles shit canning everyone and cleaning house !!!!! ,,,,,,,but your post was not the one ----sigh

Red Menace and JetBlue like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

They are not nasty, the top teams have guys who are nasty at the end of games, that's why the golden knights will go deep in playoff, big, grinding, physical team with the right mindset.

Islanders don't scare anyone, teams know they can physically punish them and they fold like a house of cards. That's the team that Snow has put together.

You think Bailey, Eberle, beavullie, Brock, Marzal, Mayfield, Leddy, are putting a scare into anyone?

#1084 Red Menace, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    CBG and JetBlue like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I had the worst dream last night, what a nightmare , I dreamt that Garth Snow was STILL GM of the Islanders ! Thank god it was only a dream !

6. JetBlue

When is this charade going to end?

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

When the owners pull their heads out of their asses and realize what POS they have for a GM. Until the POS is fired and a real GM is brought in then it will be the SOS year after year.......

8. Red Menace

The amazing thing about Snow and his longevity is this, Neil Smith was fired because he refused to accept Wangs organizational structure with regards to the GMs position.

So Garth snuck in like a wolf in sheeps clothing and accepted the role of GM and slowly chipped away at the organizational structure and made it the way Neil Smith wanted to keep it from day one.

However, as you guys know, I don't like Snow as GM, but the Isles are missing their top defensemen, and yes even with the top guys they still had a difficult time with leads but they were winning more than they were losing.

If they had their top guys, excluding Mayfield of course, would they be struggling at this point in the season?

I honestly don't believe they would be struggling so bad. I'm trying to be fair about the team not Snow.

9. JetBlue

exciting comeback, exciting win, but once again have to go through watching them blow a late lead.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Barzal is great ---the team has one of the worst defenses in the league with or without Boychuck ,,,,,,,this team gave up 6 goals to the Redwings,,ugh----just fire Snow already end this

11. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

they are unbearable to watch.... ouch

12. JetBlue

It shouldn’t have been this way this season.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

There is NO WAY they should be this bad-----the defense has NOT been addressed it is horrible. You don't sign Mayfield for 5 yrs and give him all that money , what a mistake ! The rest of the def is real bad ---this is ALL on the owners and Snow. Another lead blown and the team loses again, no shock , the time for making a move or moves is long past ! The owners are asleep at the switch

Red Menace and matt robinson 17 like this.
  14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Another last minute collapse. Another 40 plus shots on net by the opponent. Do Weight and the coaching staff not see what is going on. Change the system to be more responsible in your own end. Why the hell is Barzal benched towards the end of the 3rd. Great job Doug you bench one of your best players someone who could create offense in a tie game late in the 3rd when you need points. Just great. Ledecky and Malkin need to clean house starting with the incompetent moron know as Garth Snow.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Hey, at least it wasn't a last-minute collapse yesterday! If I am Tavares I have already told Ledecky and Malkin that I am 100% out unless Snow is immediately fired at the end of the season. I would say that that should have been done years ago, except of course he never should have been hired to begin with.

I never thought that for one team I would get to see up close both one of the very very best GMs in sports history and one of the very very worst. At least I appreciated Bill Torrey at the time.

CBG, Red Menace and JetBlue like this.
  16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Took my son to watch that disgrace last night. 26 shots on goal in the first period and over 50 total....

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was offered tix and said no thanks,,,,,,they are a train wreck

Petrozza likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Isles fans are following what the Jets fans did with Idzik. Isles fans have raised enough money to have a SNOW MUST GO message placed on 2 billboards near the Barclay Center. Media is catching on as well as both the NY Post and Daily News have articles up. Good the more exposure on this may put pressure on Ledecky and Malkin to fire this clown. L&M can't be happy spending to the Cap to watch this crap fest.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Red Menace

12 years as a GM, talk about a legal way of robbing your supervisor, this man canived his way into a GM spot and had Neil Smith fired by Wang because Wang wanted a knights of the round table approach and Smith told him it was not the right way of doing things.

Instead of listening to the guy who built a Stanley Cup winning team, he listened to the guy with no previous experience as a GM but was a brown noser, it's time for Snow to be fired. Where do I donate?

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

50 saves by Halak to shut out the Rangers :) Good thing they finally realized that Chimera was a liability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.