Water Football 2/14 Mock Draft Has Darnold Slipping to 15

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CotcheryFan, Feb 14, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As the title indicates, the latest mock draft on Walter Football has Darnold not being selected until pick no 15. He has the Jets selecting Josh Allen with the 6th pick, which IMO would be a big mistake given his accuracy problems among other things. If Darnold is available at 6, it shouldn't be much of a debate on who the Jets should take IMO. It would let us keep our other picks to fill the remaining holes on the roster.
    Here's the latest mock draft.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put any stock in that. He does a new mock draft every week and a lot of the content there is very cookie cutter

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

He's a prolific Jets hater, and also one of the least plugged-in draft analysts out there. Charlie, while I hate his new mock for us, is much better at his job and actually has been proven to have legit sources of info relating to teams and prospects. Fuck Walter

JetFanInPA likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I find it impossible to believe Darnold slips even to us at #6, let alone 15. This mock seems like he threw darts on the board.

themorey and CotcheryFan like this.
  5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Might as well just give Hackenberg a shot if we draft Allen.

abc and Red Menace like this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

no way he gets out of the top 5.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

agreed the more you see stats and games they are the same guy lol and hackenberg had a worst line at pen state then josh allen worked with.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers fell, why couldn't he?

9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, the debate was between him and Alex Smith and there never seemed to be a consensus on who was better. If I also remember correctly, only one team needed a QB badly enough to risk a high first round pick, the 49ers. So once Smith was the selection, Rodgers just dropped through the league until GB took him at the bottom of the first round. Turned out to be a great pick. It also has to be remembered rookie contracts in those days were 6 years. A team could strategically take a guy like Rodgers, even though they had Favre, and let him sit a few years. Today, with 4 year contracts, that's harder to do.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The odds on one of Rosen or Darnold slipping out of the top 5 are pretty good. There are several QB's in this draft that teams could fall in love with as well as star-caliber RB, pass rusher and DB prospects. When the Jets sit at 6 somebody unexpected tends to drop to them and I don't think this year is any different.

11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

QBs are different though. If there is one position that gets overdrafted, it is the QB. Walt has had his head up his ass lately.

It’s a quantity over quality mindset. There is literally 0% chance that Darnold is the 3rd or 4th QB taken. No way Allen goes before him.

Interesting enough, Mayock just posted updated position rankings and he has 1. Darnold 2. Allen 3. Rosen.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If that happens the Jets should fire McCagnan. Passing up Darnold would be his dumbest decision made in a long line of dumb decisions. Thankfully though, I don't see Mac being that stupid. Walter Football sucks

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's not 0% chance.

Johnny Manziel and Brady Quinn both dropped to 21 before they got taken by the Browns. Teddy Bridgewater went 32.

That's recent history and shows that teams will slice and dice a top prospect and leave the remains for the Browns to discover.

I do think odds are good that Darnold will not get by the Browns, since they have two top 4 picks, however if they go with Josh Allen at 1 the field is wide open.

Rockinz and almbleamal like this.
  14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Manziel, Quinn, and Bridgewater were never in the talks for being the #1 overall pick. Neither of them were even considered top 5-10 picks.

Ever since Darnold has been rumored to potentially come out, he has been widely regarded as a top pick in the 1st round.

#14 Martin&theJETS, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If the Jets are going QB Round 1 it's going to be a trade up for Rosen, or Baker at 6.

Fans will riot if Allen is the pick.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't think Macc is going to select Baker, so far he has drafted big arm QBs in Petty and Hack. Rosens concussion issues should scare any GM and Allen is another Hack with his 55% completion percentage in only 2 years as a starter.

It scares me as a fan that Allen is thought of so high by the scouts, I could see if he had a third year under his belt where he showed improvement, but that is simply not the case.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I won't be able to stomach Allen at 6. I would be livid. I legit rather Lamar Jackson at that point.

If Sam, Rosen & Baker are off the board before we pick, that better mean we have Kirk signed lol.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I’ve leaned strongly towards signing Cousins. If Denver doesn’t sign Cousins it’s likely that 3 QBs are off the board by the time Jets are on clock and it’s likely those 3 are Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield.

That leaves Cousins vs Allen, Jackson or giving up multiple picks for Mayfield with Darnold & Rosen likely our of reach. Seems like a no brainer decision to me, especially considering the amount of money the Jets have to spend.

almbleamal likes this.
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

BacktoQueens likes this.