Why can’t the Jets try to win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Feb 7, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There's opportunity, but I am very happy with Adams and Leo.

2. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

That's a fair opinion, I like Adams too just not at 6 with first round talent QB's on the board.

I respect your posts and I am with you that Lamar Jackson is a good prospect, but let's just agree to disagree on this haha

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

That's why we discuss things! This board would suck if everyone agreed on everything.

6-10 once again likes this.
  4. I don't have a problem with the value of portion of either being drafted at 6. What I have a problem with is the continued lack of priority for offense from a draft standpoint;Lack of quality offensive picks especially in round 2. Lack of quantity offensive picks especially in round 1.Someone would've traded up for either of those players or maybe for once NOT go "BPA" & take the best OFFENSIVE player on the board. The offensive roster speaks for itself. It's been close to this bad since 2014..say what you will about some of those units overachieving but look at some of those depth charts compared to the D & tell me what unit is getting all the love.

I understand that all regimes need to be treated as separate entities to a certain extent.But how could one take this job as GM/HC and not fully grasp how badly the offensive personnel had been abandoned specifically from a draft standpoint prior to their arrival? Part of taking a turnaround job is comprehending what caused the mess in the first place.

Forget free agency,forget Free agency including QB & look at the big picture:This team desperately needs a young blue chip offensive talent regardless of position.

5. 101GangGreen101

It's a mess and Macs drafts haven't been great, I agree. This offense has put up points despite its major flaws, if they can get the qb and fix the line, sky is the limit.

All it takes is 1 draft sometimes. Like 2014 Raiders.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Why do we care what the going rate for a Cousins is? Fans make it sound like we're throwing away 30 mil. If anything it's what a couple of mil more than jimmy? Without costing a pick to get him?

As to who's winning or not winning a SB I wish I knew. I do know this, you don't, no one does. Getting a QB who wil out up numbers that not one single Jet QB has ever produced is a lost season? A crucial one at that? How, because of what? That's comical

One last thing, you've been trashing Cousins every time you post, don't try and add the for the price caveat to the story. You've said Jimmy is already better, Cousins isn't a difference maker and Cousins isn't top 10. But Jimmy is already. Off of a handful of games. But your cool with Cousins? Lol

#86 LF911SC, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  7. 6-10 once again

lol oh nooo I've been trashing him!!! So calling him a slightly above average QB who simply isn't top 10 but more like top 15 is trashing him? I hope Kirk can forgive me. We will have to agree to disagree on Jimmy, I think he is a top 10 QB today and a top 6 after this season. I don't care about sample size I trust what I see and I've said this about Jimmy since his first start as a patriot.

But you are incorrect, I would consider Cousins for cheaper then Jimmy G, I am undecided as I have posted numerous times on this board.. but personally I can't deal with him being a 30 year old QB with little to no room to improve being paid as the highest paid QB in NFL history, that is the recipe for another Jets media mockery footnote.

I'm willing to pay him good but not absurd money because I don't trust the jets to draft one of the good rookie QBs in this coming draft so might as well grab a above average but not quite franchise guy like cousins and surround him with a massive amount of weapons.

Here is my list of top QB's going into next year that I have been tinkering with, don't see how this list in any way bashes Kirk.

1. Rodgers
    2. Wilson
    3. Brady
    4. Bree's
    5. Wentz
    6. Ben
    7. Newton
    8. Luck( if healthy)
    9. Ryan
    10. Jimmy G
    11. Rivers
    12. Stafford
    13. Carr
    14. Cousins

Even if you take out Jimmy and Carr or even rivers, Cousins still doesn't make the top 10.

If you make a list that includes cousins In the top 10 then you are an obvious cousins "Homer"

I'll admit I'm a obvious Jimmy "Homer". You like your guy and I like mine, let's leave it at that

#87 6-10 once again, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  8. LF911SC

Dont play this game. You trash him and then come back making it like youve got a handle on where he ranks. By using a list that you seem to think is well thought out. Becayse Jummy G and his handful of games has shown more in those games than Cousins in 3 seasons. Makes no sense and is dead wrong. As is telling me that Carr has been better, Or Rivers at this point in time. Sorry, any list that puts Wilson second is wrong. I have him at 10. How many top 10 QBs are available that you think we should get? Tell me, what QB at 6 do you want the jets to draft that theyll pass on? Which QB at six do you know will be better than Cousins? Which top 3 will be? Baker? Josh?

Bottom line, anyone who reads your posts knows exactly what you think about Cousins. Im playing with the fact that you then cant admit it. Want to change history, stick with it. Being a Jimmy homer is pointless, hes not a Jet, never was going to be a Jet and has no effect on the Jets or what they should do with Cousins. It has nothing to do with who anyone likes better than the other

Jets69 likes this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. Kraft is as active as they come with regards to the Pat's. Plus he makes tons of money for the league. That is why deflate gate, tuck rule and all that other stuff that they do illegally never get's penalized. Goodell would rather lose an arm than make Kraft mad.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. boozer32

You both made good points.

11. boozer32

I'm pretty sure he'll mess up that job too. Or maybe England would ask him to leave.

12. 6-10 once again

You just trashed Jimmy, Carr, and Rivers and Wilson all in one post, now I'm crying and my face hurts... seriously dude I bashed him? I didn't call him a top 10 QB, so im sorry for that??

How the heck is that list negative? Are you cousins cousin? I seriously don't see how that ranking is insulting. You can disagree with it, but it's not meant as an insult to cousins just like your ranking of 10 isn't an insult to Wilson.

I could go on and on and say that you placing Wilson at 10 is bashing him and his extreme talent, the dude accounted for all of seattles tds and should have been the MVP, that team is a 1 win team without him. But it's fine! Thats your opinion and we all have opinions and sometimes those opinions change! Which brings me to my next paragraph.

I think cousins is a acceptable QB who doesn't deserve number 1 overall QB money due to his age as well as his talent. I'm not trying to hide anything lol my opinions change over time. I'll give you an exact timeline that can be matched chronologically to my posts since you care about my cousins history so much... at first I kinda wanted cousins as long as we gave him weapons, then I started to feel he was way overrated and not even a top 15 guy but more like 17 or so behind the flaccos of the league, but now after taking a closer look at him I have settled on the fact that I was wrong and he is less overrated then I thought and around number 14. Why cant my opinions change? Why do I have to admit that I hate cousins when I dont?

People who read my posts are some of the most informed and lovely people on this site! So I'm glad you are giving them a shoutout.

But seriously as far as your question goes , I wish to trade up for Rosen or Darnold who I feel have a 80 percent or better chance to be better then cousins. Mayfield for me is around a 50 percent chance to be better then cousins and I would lean towards taking him over cousins due to his youth and the youth of the jets team. Josh Allen who I have at a 10 percent chance to be better then cousins is someone I would not take, Lamar Jackson is around a 20 percent chance to be better and while I think he has potentially the highest ceiling outside of Darnold it's too risky and I wouldn't take him over cousins, Lauletta is around 25 percent chance to be better and no I wouldn't take him over cousins either but I would draft him in the 3rd or late second if we signed Kirk.

I would take Baker Mayfield if we stayed at 6 and he was available.

I'm a negative jet fan because the team has given me no choice but to be negative, my feelings towards kirk as of today are however quite neutral. Saying he is the 14 QB is not bashing him. I've never once said cousins sucks or anything along those lines. I'm seriously sorry if you think that I feel that way.

Again no hard feelings towards you, we both want the same thing. I appreciate you asking me my opinions on the rookie QB's and I would like to hear yours as well!

#92 6-10 once again, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  13. LF911SC

I trashed who? For saying Wilson isnt the 2nd best QB in the NFL, thats being trashed? Find me one sentence where I ranked Wilson. Then copy the line where I had him 10. Youve confused hes not the 2nd best QB with hes the 10th? For saying Carr isnt as good as Cousins? LOL, what has Carr done that he deserves the praise. Rivers, have you watched him or are remembering the old Rivers? What exactly has he won? Better yet, your criteria, when has he carried his team on his back? What are his signature wins? Please, he lost to Sanchez when he threw for all of 100 yards.

Its not my opinion that Im arguing is right, its that you cant seem to understand what I've said. That you cant really get the point other than to talk out of both sides of your mouth when it comes to Cousins. Stick to your guns already. You are NOT in any way neutral, you dont like him, I could respect that but youre dancing around. Sorry.

14. 6-10 once again

Ummm check your post again, you edited it after I quoted you I guess but it's up right now as one of your posts.

"Sorry, any list that puts Wilson second is wrong. I have him at 10."

That's a clear as day ranking of Wilson at 10 from your very own post. Idk maybe you were rambling a bit like I myself sometimes do and you actually meant that you have cousins at 10? But I think it's reasonable to assume that 99.9 percent of people would think you have Wilson ranked at 10 based on the way you structured the quote in question. Even if I read your whole paragraph it still seems like you are stating that Wilson is your 10th ranked QB. But maybe you just jumbled your sentences on accident like I myself often do. If that's the case then my apologies but I hope you can see where I got confused.

Also what you said about rivers doesn't add up... didn't he just this year have a better season then cousins statistically ? Just checked and yep rivers had a better statistical year then Kirk.

Rivers threw for 500 more yards had more touchdown passes and less ints... what has cousins done to be ranked ahead of rivers? You just trashed someone who is statistically superior to cousins on every level except for completion percentage...

So to me it's pretty simple, and again this is not meant as an insult, But I am a homer for Jimmy and you are a homer for Cousins. All that means is that you and I are willing to rank our respective guys ahead of QB's who clearly have better stats or better accolades. But we say fuck it and go with our gut feelings and eye test. I respect your cousins opinions even if I disagree on him being top 10, you have your guy who you believe in, there is no shame in that.

Lastly I'm going to show you that I definitely do NOT dislike cousins.

"The defensive 1st round picks need to end for a few years, Barkey, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Cousins or bust. If Mac doesn't accquire one then he has failed".

That above you is one of my direct quotes on this site from a month or so ago... why would a cousins "hater" say that. My opinions change just like my opinion on josh Allen has since changed... I no longer would want to take him even though month ago me was obviously ok with it.

You tell me to stick to my guns but which guns should I stick to? Should I stick to my original guns that clearly say I like cousins and want to get him, or should I stick to my second guns that say I was unsure and kind of souring on him? my opinions like many people's opinions change over time, it doesn't mean they are dancing around or are two faced.

My opinion on Kirk now is that I think he is a above average to solid QB and I would consider taking him at a reasonable but less then jimmy G contract, if we pay him more I'm going to be upset but I'm still going to stand behind him and cheer for him. Hopefully this puts this discussion to bed and we can move on?

#94 6-10 once again, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  15. 101GangGreen101

Football decisions? Would Kraft make his gm trade for Tebow?

Get my drift?

16. LF911SC

I NEVER said I had him at 10 & that still wouldn't be trashing him. I edited nothing. Again, you don't like Cousins, I really don't care enough to continue this exercise. You keep saying you didn't trash him after you did just that. After reading your lengthy post it's obvious we view the position differently.

17. boozer32

Touche!! But would you trade a Jimmy G when you have a 40 year old QB?

18. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Wilson is not #2 (barely in top 10), Carr is considered by some to be a FQB (like Mario, Luck, Goff, Winston, Watson, )
    but these young QBs have not earned FQB status!!!

LF911SC likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

For fun here's my top 10. Goff and Newton just miss the list.

1. Brady
    2. Rodgers
    3. Brees
    4. Wentz
    5. Wilson
    6. Ryan
    7. Roethlisberger
    8. Rivers
    9. Stafford
    10. Cousins

20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Odds of that happening are less than 1%.