Robbie Anderson arrested in Fla... Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 19, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mo----the first 2 that immediately come to mind are TY Law AND Milloy----Jamie Collins was their best LB when they banished him to the Browns,,,,,,,of course they banished Hernandez as well but that was days after his arrest not during the trial-

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am not sure how this plays out but Robbie has mental health problems which his Agent lawyer and family SHOULD take care of immediately because THIS will happen again ( see Brandon Marshall and his Bi Polar)

On the business side can you imagine anyone in the real world expect to keep their job after TWO incidents with the Law??? I say CUT him and find some OTHER SPEEDY RECEVER....in other words Anderson IS replaceable

But in the NFL its entertainment and star power not ROLE MODELING ...sorry but at least 50 per center our current population of players are a step away from Jail

This speaks to recruitment based on 90 per cent talent and 10 per cent or less character...plus as Main said a HC who justs let see them get away with things...and also the Ownwer and GM who CONDONE how Bowles runs his garbage Team

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

because nobody want's to see a league of mediocre athletes with high character. They want to see the elite athletes. the best of the best. Are you really going to say he's any worse off then say ODB? hell Mcnair and marvin harrison were considered role models of high character. meanwhile McNair got shot and killed by his side chick, and Harrison was well read this https://deadspin.com/388589/has-marvin-harrisons-shady-past-and-present-finally-caught-up-to-him

The peyton mannings are going to be few and far between. hell even favre sent dick pics to a jets worker when he was here. What you have in the NFL is a league of talented athletes who also are mostly not mature (most enter the NFL at 20-22 years old and lets face it, we were all idiots in our early 20s and teens) who have the world in their hands because of their talent. With everyone around them letting everything slide because they have talent. then throw in the fact that right out of college they are getting paid in the high 6 figures to 7 figures a year, an amount of money most people won't make at 20 years old if ever. i's a recipe for disaster.

egelband and TonyFtLaud like this.
  4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think you should read my replies to this thread, I have repeatedly said Anderson is a dumbass and deserves a lengthy suspension. That's not going to bad for him, that's giving my opinion. Being very familiar with the intersection that he sped through , gives me insight into what likely are false statements made in the report.
    Still doesn't equate going to bat for him. He should have stopped , period.
    Running was incredibly stupid and reckless, but I don't know what was going through his head. Could he have been fearful, very Possible.
    I'm not going to condemn anyone for speeding. I did plenty of it in my youth as I'm sure many other posters here have done.
    As far as you being or not being racist, when you post ignorant racist comments, I can only draw on conclusion from those comments.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's because most, if not all, NFL players were elite high school athletes who got their asses kissed by everyone and were probably big deals in college. Because of their athletic abilities, they've been able to do whatever they want and get away with it. And post school age, they continue acting like idiots thinking there's still no more consequences for being an asshole.

6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Tony, given your familiarity with that intersection, what parts of the report seem questionable to you? I'm curious.

There were some interesting statements this week by Anderson's attorney. He said that Anderson's rape threats fail to meet the statutory definition of the offense (probably true) and attributed his speeding to fear. What I found interesting is that he didn't seem to deny any of the conduct that the police report alleged. To me, that suggests that the attorney knows (or thinks) that the police have dashcam and body cam footage. Otherwise, I suspect he would have claimed the police account was exaggerated. I guess we'll all have to wait and see what develops.

I've been paying attention to this case, and I have to say the press accounts aren't very good or very comprehensive. There's a lot of information the media should have been able to get that is missing from the stories.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jets_Grinch and playtowinthegame like this.
  8. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Just curious, how many current NFL players have led the police on a high speed chase? I can think of 2 right away: Sheldon Richardson and Robby Anderson.

9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

It's the 21st century, Jets are supersonic.

10. Since1969

Leading the police on a high-speed chase is a very low percentage play. I think Anderson should tear that page out of his playbook.

NY Jets68 and playtowinthegame like this.
  11. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Seriously, I can't recall anyone else that is currently playing who led police on a high speed chase.... All I can think of without googling is OJ Simpson, but he was retired.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That, of course, was actually a low-speed chase.

Via Google:

Active player:

Eagles LT Jason Peters in 2012
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-lt-jason-peters-arrested-after-high-speed-police-chase/

Former players:

Former Steeler Justin Strzelczyk in 2004 (he died as a result, and was one of the first players for whom playing and CTE was hypothesized and investigated, and it was found he did have CTE)
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-steeler-dies-in-cop-chase/

Former Bronco player and Jets 2015 practice squad member Quanterus Smith in 2017

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. Since1969

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So our desperation for ANY level of talent is so great that we're going to hang onto this guy? We cant get anyone as good or better who doesn't have this guy's problems with following the rules and laws?

Frankly, there is no one on this roster who should be considered "untouchable", least of all a guy like Anderson who hasn't even caught a 1,000 yards in a season. There is greater value in the Jets cutting him and sending a message that this type of behavior is unaccetable than in keeping him around.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

3 felonies last month - impressive. Good luck with this guy.

16. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I'm on the otherside of this argument, lock him up long term and super cheap. He will never have his value lower then it is today, if he fucks up again then so what we didn't lose much from it, but if he gets his shit together then we just got a steal.

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah I've had enough of him. The guy is too stupid to be a professional let alone a grown up. Maybe its time the league do what the Jets won't and ban him from playing. Great opportunity for him being wasted because he's a 23 year old toddler.

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Or the Raiders.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, wha . . . ? He needs a decent haircut, that's half the problem.

20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

All these professional athletes that go out and party and then get busted for driving violations; did they ever hear of Uber?!

Cman68 likes this.