Why can’t the Jets try to win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Feb 7, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's had a press conference. It's on the official Jets website. To me, he seems to have a much different personality then Woody. Should have a really good idea on Chris Johnson after this year. One thing already, is that CJ doesn't like Trump, where-as Woody, I am sure he was excited to work with him.

Its like we got rid of George Bush and got Jed Bush.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You gave me the information and with analogies I can understand, thank you. Hopefully Chris is better than his brother

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Chris proves to be better at running the organization, maybe Woody can be ambassador of the UK for life. :)

boozer32 likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

or he can just go away, especially if his brother does a better job ... gotta win now before Trump's presidency is over :D

5. I worry that CJ is just the key holder until Woody returns from the UK. Further, is it at all possible that Bowles/Mac are partially still here b.c the portion of ownership w. any authority to make such a change & lead a search for a replacement isn't here?

Hope I'm wrong..but if I'm not we could be looking at least 2 more years of this regime regardless of production simply b.c our owner cares more about politics & his own priorities than the well being of the franchise.

#65 KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

You are right that this regime has a huge opportunity to make change this off season, but that's what scares me..why does it have to be this regime?? This is the most important Jets off-season in recent history and it's being left to a man who has never found a QB.

I'm upset Chris Johnson didn't have the guts to fire this whole regime and find someone who has a least some past success at finding a QB.

But instead we have someone who looks at prospects like Watson and mahomes and says "nope not good enough, let's grab the stone hands safety"

Jets have played wait and see for far too long.

7. 101GangGreen101

There are prospects that are better then Watson and Mahomes, which I am sure played a role in the decision.

See you having a knee jerk reaction and wanting to fire everyone is exactly what I am talking about in this thread. Chris will evaluate the team after this year. When this season starts, there wont be any excuses left.

FJF likes this.
  8. 6-10 once again

It's not a knee jerk reaction, it's a reaction to 3 years of failure to find a QB, it's just a normal reaction imo.

9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Whos tanked?

When did Woody go back to running the team?

10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Actually it's a knee jerk reaction by fans. Why most GMs are fired in year 2 or 3 by fans and only the most incompetent by owners.

Best part is youre posting everywhere that you don't want him to sign Cousins. Who's a hugely productive 29 year old QB.

FJF likes this.
  11. 6-10 once again

Never said I don't want cousins, I'm actually undecided, just don't want him for more then the price of Jimmy G.

Mac had 18 years to find a QB #timesup. The jets actually always give way too long to coaches and Gms time for that to stop. Bowles and Mac aren't winning a super bowl and we all know it. Don't waste the most crucial year with this regime, that's my point and I think it's a fair one

It's far more incompetent to keep a regime who you know can't win for the pure sake of keeping them for a set minimum of years.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

it's a knee jerk reaction, so because they didn't a qb in 3 years fire them? That's as much a knee jerk reaction as it gets. Not normal at all.

FJF likes this.
  13. 6-10 once again

No that's normal especially when you take into account the QBs they did take are two of the worst Quarterbacks ever drafted. And also when you take into account Macs awful QB track record over 18 years. He hasn't earned this last chance, sorry he should be gone

14. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Knee jerk reaction? A knee jerk reaction is firing a four eyed coffee slurping nerd for drafting a bigger second round receiver bust than Stone hands Stephen. A knee jerk reaction is firing a BPA preaching bum who drafts Jamal my daddy was a ny giant Adams over a franchise qb. Is it. Knee jerk reaction to fire a guy who drafts aw shucks aw golly aw jeeze I hope I see the field hackenberg over Dak? Maybe those are knee jerk reactions but if that lives in the past troglodyte has a franchise qb just sitting there waiting to be claimed by a strapping young team and he passes him for bpa then he should be tarred and feathered than of course.. fired.

15. 101GangGreen101

Mac has been a gm for 3 yrs ... Those other 15 years don't count. He was a scout not the gm. He doesn't turn the card in... if Mac were like Idzik, I would get your reasoning. Mac drafted leaders in that locker room ... He gets another yr

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

"There are prospects that are better then Watson and Mahomes for certain teams"

There, fixed it for you.

For teams that didn't need a FQB there were better prospects, but a team that DOES need a FQB, there were not. The Jets are a team in need of a FQB for decades.

17. 101GangGreen101

Sweet let's compare a shitty qb to a shitty wr... they took a shot at Hack, I didn't agree but they took a shot. 2nd round, not a huge gamble.

Lmao Dak Prescott. Does he come with Dallas o line and Elliot too?

The other stuff made 0 sense to be honest.

FJF likes this.
  18. 6-10 once again

Wow at best he has drafted 2 leaders out of what 20 plus picks? What a great GM, I could do a grab bag and possibly draft more leaders... cmon dude those 15 years count he was the head of scouting.. he doesn't get a pass for that. Hack and petty are what he looks for in QB's, this is a disaster waiting to happen but we shouldn't let it happen.

19. 6-10 once again

It makes more sense then Macs picks tbh. The guy who posted this probably would have found us a franchise QB... 50 percent of posters here probably could have found us a franchise QB over the last 3 years..... but ohhh no we wouldn't have adams or Leo!!

20. 101GangGreen101

This is the year to get one. IMO, the last shot the Jets had was Derek Carr / Teddy. They were right there available OTC